Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Brooklyn’s package on 538 is at least interesting too

the Q

Reaction Score
And don’t sleep on Denver coming up with a real package

Reaction Score
It has to be because he knows that he can just sign him in 2020.
I totally hear that. My first offer post ITT was relatively conservative as well but nowhere close to what was reported.

There are reports that NO really don’t want to trade AD to LA in the first place, and so you may worry that with such a pathetic first offer, the deal comes off the table completely?

Magic must be very confident in his chances going up against Boston and NY, especially given NY entering the fray as a team who could make a deal right now unlike Boston (whose offer NO would be stupid to not wait for this summer)

Honestly, unless this is a part of some multi-team trade where NO ends up with some star-level player, I don’t see any deal being made in the next few days; so I guess Magic figures there isn’t a point in making some huge offer now

Edit now that I look, the Knicks have a 14% chance —good as anybody— at getting the Zion pick; you send that, along with whatever reasonable combination of Mudiay, Hardaway, Knox, Trier, Burke, and Kanter the Pelicans want, I could see something happening in the coming days. Comes down to whether or not NY thinks they can keep AD around after this and next year.

What LA does have is that its front office isn’t a joke (quite the opposite) like NY, and AD’s dad isn’t weary of LA management like he is Boston’s

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'd have to say that this drama goes that the best basketball player in recent years IS Jordan. LeBron will be chasing Jordan's ghost forever. Should have just shut up and been himself. His own friends even seem to be sick of his self proclaimed greatest of all time crap.

Modern pro athlete's vocabulary:

"At the end of the day...legacy!"

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I'd have to say that this drama goes that the best basketball player in recent years IS Jordan. LeBron will be chasing Jordan's ghost forever. Should have just shut up and been himself. His own friends even seem to be sick of his self proclaimed greatest of all time crap.

Modern pro athlete's vocabulary:

"At the end of the day...legacy!"
Um... cool.

Reaction Score
Um... cool.
It's not. It's sad.

Jordan also having his coach helped. Similar to what we see now with the Patriots. Jordan was surrounded by role players, thus, the high PPG.

Reaction Score
It has to be because he knows that he can just sign him in 2020.
Paul George was supposed to be a Lakers lock. Then he got traded to OK City and stayed.
Nothing is guaranteed.
I think what happens is the Celtics get him after the season. Between young players and draft picks, no one could offer what Boston can and Ainge has lusted over AD for a long time and has been building a pile of assets just for this very reason. If AD is traded to Boston I'd imagine Kyrie signs long term and then we see if the Brow likes playing in Boston and signs a long term as well.
Who knows though. Should be a fascinating offseason.

Reaction Score
Paul George was supposed to be a Lakers lock. Then he got traded to OK City and stayed.
Nothing is guaranteed.
I think what happens is the Celtics get him after the season. Between young players and draft picks, no one could offer what Boston can and Ainge has lusted over AD for a long time and has been building a pile of assets just for this very reason. If AD is traded to Boston I'd imagine Kyrie signs long term and then we see if the Brow likes playing in Boston and signs a long term as well.
Who knows though. Should be a fascinating offseason.

Keep dreaming

Reaction Score
It's not. It's sad.

Jordan also having his coach helped. Similar to what we see now with the Patriots. Jordan was surrounded by role players, thus, the high PPG.
Lol role players? His team won like two fewer games the year he “retired” after the first three-peat

...not too far off Jimmy G and Jacoby Brissett going 3-1 for Brady

Last edited:

the Q

Reaction Score
Lol role players? His team won like two fewer games the year he “retired” after the first three-peat

The disrespect pippen got despite that season is absurd. Dude is criminally underrated cause of his teammate

Reaction Score
The disrespect pippen got despite that season is absurd. Dude is criminally underrated cause of his teammate

People act like an all-world defender averaging 20/6/6 in his prime was a roleplayer all the time. It's insane.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
It's not. It's sad.

The majority of all time players have great coaching. Montana/Walsh, Marino/Shula, Russell/Auerbach, etc etc

players make a coach more than the other way around.

If LeBron wasn't a coach killer, maybe he would have surpassed MJ.

Reaction Score
If LeBron wasn't a coach killer, maybe he would have surpassed mj.
David Blatt was on borrowed time coaching an all-time great anyway. That’s the only coach LeBron has successfully had fired. Not sure where “coach killer” is coming from, nor how his player-coach relationships have kept him from catching MJ

I can’t imagine how great he would be with a great coach

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
David Blatt was on borrowed time coaching an all-time great anyway. That’s the only coach LeBron has successfully had fired.

Mike Brown.

I'll be shocked if Walton lasts.

The only reason Lue was coach was because LeBron could walk all over him. Lue was LeBron's selection.

The only guy who really managed was Spoelstra and a lot of that had to do w Riley's gravitas. He's also a very good coach.

Not sure where “coach killer” is coming from, nor how his player-coach relationships have kept him from catching MJ

Mainly because most people seem to think it.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom