OT: The American | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: The American

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
It looks like they’re actually going to lose SMU to the Pac12. (The rare realignment move that‘s bad for both conferences.)

I can’t even imagine where they’re going to backfill from, but my god, what is it going to take for Temple and Memphis to just run screaming from that conference?
Where is Memphis and Temple going to go? I guess Temple could go Indy for football and A-10 for basketball. Not sure there is a landing spot for Memphis (although they would be an intriguing add to Big East basketball).

Reaction Score
You should read their board. They (fans) aren't happy at all. In fact, they're waiting for an ACC/B1G invite to get them out of what I think is a hopeless situation.
Problem with Temple is that their brand really doesn't get anyone excited, even in Philly. In football it's a Penn State town. They may eventually land in a watered down ACC once that league implodes. Once Florida State, Clemson, UNC, UVA, etc. find their way out of that league and its GOR deal, things will get very interesting in these parts.

Reaction Score
You should read their board. They (fans) aren't happy at all. In fact, they're waiting for an ACC/B1G invite to get them out of what I think is a hopeless situation.
I know Temple isn't all that but it's a shame UConn, Rutgers, and Temple or Pitt aren't in the same conference. Perhaps Temple and UConn would be a package deal for an invite. As many speculate, we could both end up in the ACC lite, or should we say, Big East Football Conference. Hmm, that's not bad.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Wonder if hoops knows something…

I would be surprised.

They’re not going to want their hoop team in that league.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I know Temple isn't all that but it's a shame UConn, Rutgers, and Temple or Pitt aren't in the same conference. Perhaps Temple and UConn would be a package deal for an invite. As many speculate, we could both end up in the ACC lite, or should we say, Big East Football Conference. Hmm, that's not bad.

UConn and Temple have basically no history and no real connection.

I hope we’re never in a conference with them ever again.

Reaction Score
UConn and Temple have basically no history and no real connection.

I hope we’re never in a conference with them ever again.
UConn - Rutgers had no history and that was shaping up to be a pretty good football rivalry until rutgers won the lottery. Maybe Temple isn't it, but UConn needs a somewhat local rivalry.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I hope Umass doesn’t join the aac… they are very important for Uconn football wise being a independent

Reaction Score
I hope Umass doesn’t join the aac… they are very important for Uconn football wise being a independent
They'd still play us every year. Another thing is if it's a good fit for them.

Reaction Score
In terms of short term opportunities. Staying independent is the tight choice for now

Reaction Score

The fact that UMass would be considered a "travel partner" for Temple, 3 states away (and either a 6 hour drive or a flight and a 1-hour drive), is amazing.

Reaction Score

See the new AAC map. The new AAC is committed to being a southern/Texas league and Temple is the one left to deal with the remnants of the connection to the northeast. UMass just doesn't fit in the AAC plans and doesn't bring rivalry, recruiting or any decent fan base for even a local TV presence. Georgia St., Liberty, Western Kentucky and UTEP have a better chance than UMass.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I don’t think UMass is going to the AAC. But I do think they get some consideration as the AAC will be unlikely to raid Army or MW schools. There seems to be a feeling most Sun Belt schools aren’t interested (except potentially Texas State and Georgia State). The only MAC school that makes sense is Buffalo. I don’t think the AAC wants an FCS school either. C-USA schools are a possibility but my guess is that the league ultimately adds Texas State.

Reaction Score

It's ESPN's decision. ESPN tells the AAC who to add. It also could bring up the possibility of UCONN getting a football only invite to the AAC.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Where is Memphis and Temple going to go? I guess Temple could go Indy for football and A-10 for basketball. Not sure there is a landing spot for Memphis (although they would be an intriguing add to Big East basketball).

Temple’s best move is indy in football and A10 in basketball….or get creative and go MAC in all sports.

Memphis’ best move is to sell all the uniforms and balls and become the University of Phoenix East.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
AAC lookin' for Dallas $. Business decision. Boise deos not qualify... In the League's eyes that is too small of a market....

SMU is going to get the Pac 12 the Dallas market? The Big 12 and SEC are going to slug it out for mindshare in Texas for the next 10 years. SMU is not going to move the needle. The ONLY play for the Pac 12 schools is to get a stranglehold on the West to the point that the networks will need to grab a bunch of schools if they want to keep fan interest in the West. It worked for Syracuse, Pitt, Rutgers, WVU and Cincinnati in the Northeast, and it can work for the Pac 12 schools in the West.

Reaction Score
Could Memphis go to the BE and Independent in Football? It does have basketball history, and would give UConn another football partner...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom