OT: The American | The Boneyard

OT: The American

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
It looks like they’re actually going to lose SMU to the Pac12. (The rare realignment move that‘s bad for both conferences.)

I can’t even imagine where they’re going to backfill from, but my god, what is it going to take for Temple and Memphis to just run screaming from that conference?

Reaction Score
Is anyone else completely baffled by this move? Pls don’t say Dallas metro….. I get it, but SMU screams our league is on the path to being the next Big 12……Have to think this pushes the remaining cream of the crop (zona, oregon, washington) faster out the door as soon as they can find a lifeboat…. if they can.

Reaction Score
It looks like they’re actually going to lose SMU to the Pac12. (The rare realignment move that‘s bad for both conferences.)

I can’t even imagine where they’re going to backfill from, but my god, what is it going to take for Temple and Memphis to just run screaming from that conference?
I'm sure Witchita St wishes they never left the Missouri Valley Conf at this point. Basketball progaram in ruins since joining AAC, which coincided with Gregg Marshall being exposed as a major jackhole....good chunk of their AAC revenue goes to paying off his contract to not coach.

Last edited:

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
This makes zero sense. But it never does. I feel the worst for Cincy. They have a great football program and field a decent bball team most of the time.
My guy. Things have happened while you we’re sleeping…

Is anyone else completely baffled by this move? Pls don’t say Dallas metro….. I get it, but SMU screams our league is on the path to being the next Big 12……Have to think this pushes the remaining cream of the crop (zona, oregon, washington) faster out the door as soon as they can find a lifeboat…. if they can.

Completely baffled and yet not baffled. It’s an inventory move - San Diego State makes sense and then they just need one more for inventory. SMU was the prettiest corpse in the morgue, so they’re gonna get in.

I am not sure Arizona, Oregon and Washington have anywhere to go other than to the Big 12….and they’d be signing up for trips to Houston, Cincy and Orlando, so they’re probably better off just enduring the every other year trip to Dallas.

Reaction Score
The just reeks of an AAC move where you just take the school from the biggest available TV/recruiting market and have them join the conference. They bypass New Mexico, Nevada, Boise, Air Force, UNLV, Fresno and others that would be a decent geographic fit. This is a big hit to the AAC....time to add Georgia St.

Reaction Score
Replacing Houston, Central Florida and Cincinnati in the AAC will be UAB, Florida Atlantic, Charlotte, UTSA, Rice and North Texas.

American will essentially be Confernce USA in July.
Was just checking the KenPom rankings for new AAC the other day. New Conference USA is pretty much spot on.

Reaction Score
I've been intrigued by the Temple situation for a while now but they seem content. I don't know why.

Still, nothing stupefies me more than the L-ville move. SMU - don't forget Rhett Lashlee, and this guy. Anyway, if you ain't P2, you're last.

ed.gif

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
My guy. Things have happened while you we’re sleeping…

Completely baffled and yet not baffled. It’s an inventory move - San Diego State makes sense and then they just need one more for inventory. SMU was the prettiest corpse in the morgue, so they’re gonna get in.

I am not sure Arizona, Oregon and Washington have anywhere to go other than to the Big 12….and they’d be signing up for trips to Houston, Cincy and Orlando, so they’re probably better off just enduring the every other year trip to Dallas.

Dallas. Direct flights to every city on west coast and a fun place to visit for road games.

Reaction Score
I've been intrigued by the Temple situation for a while now but they seem content. I don't know why.

Still, nothing stupefies me more than the L-ville move. SMU - don't forget Rhett Lashlee, and this guy. Anyway, if you ain't P2, you're last.

View attachment 83980
It does make me smile to see Louisville dragging the Acc numbers below the MWC this year in bball. But their football is gotham bowl level so the football schools have something…./right?

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score

View attachment 83980
The A-10 and AAC are about the same roughly in terms of strength. The A-10 pays 500k a year; the AAC pays over 6 million. Also, the AAC provides a home for Temple football.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I think Army is the first school the AAC reaches out to. I think Army declines. I then think they will try for Air Force and Colorado State again. I think that will also fail. Buffalo and UMass would both like to join, but I don't see it. I assume the #14 team will be Texas State, Georgia State, or a C-USA school.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Dallas. Direct flights to every city on west coast and a fun place to visit for road games.

No one will make SMU a road trip.

The A-10 and AAC are about the same roughly in terms of strength. The A-10 pays 500k a year; the AAC pays over 6 million. Also, the AAC provides a home for Temple football.

If you think they are still getting $6M a year (spoilers…they never were), you have not been paying attention.
I think Army is the first school the AAC reaches out to. I think Army declines. I then think they will try for Air Force and Colorado State again. I think that will also fail. Buffalo and UMass would both like to join, but I don't see it. I assume the #14 team will be Texas State, Georgia State, or a C-USA school.

You are a font of bad takes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom