OT - Tequila Shot Yes or No | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT - Tequila Shot Yes or No

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Good tequila? Heck yeah!

Bad tequila? No way.

This is the correct answer.

Had the privilege of tasting a number of microlocal tequilas (many homemade) when I lived in Mexico. Lots of goodness in the category.

Reaction Score
Drank tequila a lot my first couple years of college and loved it. Kinda grew out of it. I go through periods of loving a liquor then not wanting it for a long time. Much more into Whiskey/Bourbon now.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Petron. I don't pound them down. Like fishy Father time is kicking my arse. However, what is the big deal. Lemon, salt, down it. I have a couple of bottles that I have to blow the dust off. Yagermeister I frequented when I lived in Germany. They didn't serve it chilled like they do here. Doesn't make any difference to me. Other than that, I cannot think of any other liqueur I would down. I like and my wife loves Tuoco. Nice Italian brandy that you sip. Fantastic stuff for the winter. Warms you right up. Tall shot glass. Probably a jigger.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
No to shots in general. I am not a big fan of tequila but do really enjoy sipping on some mezcal.

Reaction Score
Yes quality tequila.....Shot of gin - no but Beef and 7 lime ok occasionally.

We drove down to RI yesterday to play golf the shot of choice was McGillicudys to take the chill out (although it was chilled):eek:

Last edited:
Reaction Score

We drove down to RI yesterday to play golf the shot of choice was McGillicudys to take the chill out (although it was chilled):eek:

Ahhhhh, the good doctor. Great booze for golf shots.

Reaction Score

Had never thought of it before...but found out, thanks to my recently graduated daughter that... the good doctor is actually not bad at all in...coffee.

Reaction Score
Had never thought of it before...but found out, thanks to my recently graduated daughter that... the good doctor is actually not bad at all in...coffee.

Maybe Hot Cocoa?

We had sambuca and baileys for our coffees

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Used to like a good tequila shot. That or Jager were the go to’s. Quite frankly, I don’t drink too much these days, and when I do the evening doesn’t usually progress to the point where the idea of shots gets bandied about.
A friend of mine's wife is a strong shot advocate usually toward the mid to end of evening, otherwise we'd probably indulge in the less. It's become part of the routine now.

(Yes, designated drivers or cars are also part of the routine.)

Last edited:

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Tequila is the one liquor I can't do. Just the smell makes me want to puke.

Freshman year of college was when I did the heaviest drinking of my life. I never had issues with blacking out...but whenever I drank tequila, even one or two shots, I would forget a LOT of what happened the previous night. Never again.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Tequila is the one liquor I can't do. Just the smell makes me want to puke.

Good tequila usually doesn't smell like bad tequila.

As for shots, only Polish/Russian vodka. And only with Poles/Russians and other former commies. It's hospitable.

Reaction Score
Ahhhhh, the good doctor. Great booze for golf shots.
McGillicudys.jpg

I even carry my laptop in the the Dr's Ogio :D

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Herradura Anejo or Casamigos Anejo for sipping. Casamigos Blanco for margaritas.

Speaking of margaritas, anyone who likes them and hasn’t discovered RIPE’s margarita should. I used to insist on making them solely by hand with my own limes and nothing else except booze. RIPE is only fresh lime and agave and it is perfect. My latest preference, in addition to the tequila, is Combier for the triple sec, and usually a Gran Marnier float. Rocks, salt. Heaven.

Reaction Score
Herradura Anejo or Casamigos Anejo for sipping. Casamigos Blanco for margaritas.

Speaking of margaritas, anyone who likes them and hasn’t discovered RIPE’s margarita should. I used to insist on making them solely by hand with my own limes and nothing else except booze. RIPE is only fresh lime and agave and it is perfect. My latest preference, in addition to the tequila, is Combier for the triple sec, and usually a Gran Marnier float. Rocks, salt. Heaven.

Hmmm, not your first rodeo huh 8893? :cool:

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I put down a bottle of Cabo while laying on the beach in Hollywood last year, went out in Fort Lauderdale at night and it might have generated the worst hangover I’ve ever had.

The night was also the best night I’ve had in a long time.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I can't get past the smell. Tequila is the only liquor that makes me gag. Give me a good scotch or Irish whiskey instead.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom