OT: Syracuse vs Duke A Real Up And Coming Rival Or Just Overhyped? | The Boneyard

OT: Syracuse vs Duke A Real Up And Coming Rival Or Just Overhyped?

'Cuse vs Duke

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So tomorrow night is the 'Cuse and Duke game. It is really being hyped as the next great college basketball rivalry by fans, their coaches, and ESPN. There is no denying that all their games were close. But one of my friends from High School who I still contact who moved to Durham says that all the Duke fans are ready for the 'Cuse. And UNC is Duke's biggest rival. So is this a real up and coming rivalry, or just a game that is being overhyped by Duke and 'Cuse fans and ESPN? I am going to watch it probably since UCONN isn't playing until Tuesday, and will you be watching it and who do you think wins?

caw

Reaction Score
Not watching it, it's at Cameron, Duke just lost, hard to imagine Cuse wins.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I will be watching. It's our two most hated rivals and I will end up crying in the fetal position wishing we were in the ACC.
Will be a bounce back home win for Duke.

Reaction Score
Take this poll to the Cuse board to get he result you are looking for.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure Jim Boeheim gained some notoriety with Duke in 2014 (their first ACC year) when he had an epic freak out after a charge call in Cameron. He got ejected, got a technical and basically sealed a loss for them IIRC. Though I generally hate both programs, Boeheim going bananas was quite a funny sight to see.

Reaction Score
I don't ever want Cuse to win

But a 3-game losing streak for Puke would be epic. They may even drop in rank to 12.

Reaction Score
Duke is falling quickly and Syracuse sucks this year. I don't see how this rivalry can be taken seriously...

Syracuse will never have the rivalries it had in the Big East. These new "Rivalries" are just so ESPN could get better ratings. ESPN knows they are B.Sing people to believe this is truly a rivalry when its not.

Reaction Score
They're trying so hard to make new rivalries...what asshats.

61jxZ7s7s0L._SY355_.jpg

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure Jim Boeheim gained some notoriety with Duke in 2014 (their first ACC year) when he had an epic freak out after a charge call in Cameron. He got ejected, got a technical and basically sealed a loss for them IIRC. Though I generally hate both programs, Boeheim going bananas was quite a funny sight to see.
Exactly. That was the first time Duke and Syracuse played each other as members of the AAC and it turned out to be a good game with Boeheim freaking out at the end. Ever since that game, ESPN has been pushing Duke and Syracuse as must see TV...absolutely overhyped.

Reaction Score
The unreal hype came before that game. All week long they were hyping it.

Reaction Score
Syracuse and Duke don't have near the history to justify a rivalry.

There is a New England program, however, with whom lots of blood has been shed, that fits the label perfectly. It's a program that competes in a far inferior conference, that lags well behind in revenue, that cannot match their football history. Were you to invoke their name, their fans would play it off, almost as if it was beneath them. Lurking behind all of that false bravado, though, are priceless acres of real estate that this program has purchased inside their head. And. It. Drives. Them. Crazy.

Enough with the hints. I think we all know who I'm talking about:

8419434-standard.jpg

The Vermont Catamounts. These programs were made for each other. Let the rivalry commence.

caw

Reaction Score
The unreal hype came before that game. All week long they were hyping it.
I actually found it hilarious considering the plummet Duke should (but may not) take out of the top 25.

Reaction Score
The best part is not even a diehard Syracuse or Duke fan considers this a rivalry. Poor ESPN :) They can hype it all the want, but following the recent trend, my guess is ratings for this game will drop 30-40% from last year. No one cares about this game. No one seems to even care about ESPN anymore.

Reaction Score
I hope that they both lose. No. Wait. I hope that both teams get the norovirus and soil themselves on the court. Then I hope that they all slip and fall in their own feces and end up having to forfeit the game. God these teams irritate me. Especially Syracuse.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
We have a bigger rivalry with Duke than cuse and ours isn't that big unless you are talking about the final four.

That should answer all questions.

Reaction Score
This started with K saying something when Cuse was decent. They'll drop off the ACC charts in no time - can't believe we lost to them. They haven't played as well since but it still blows.

This won't even be fun to watch after 25 minutes if that

Reaction Score
Oh man...the two teams who can't shoot the ball and that Duke crowd is annoying.

This is like watching paint dry

Reaction Score
both these teams are garbage, still can't believe we lost to Cuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members