OT: Stock trading | Page 114 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

Reaction Score
Don’t really want to scroll back and find who recommended MVIS but bought in toward end of Jan around $8 and sitting at $14-15 today. Up +20% again today.

Thanks whoever that was!

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
It's sort of amazing how much he can singularly move the crypto market. The issue I keep coming back to is that people that are all in on crypto think it's going to the moon and you don't use "currency" as a mode of exchange when you think it will drastically appreciate. I just cannot reconcile that to its valuation.
Totally agree. 100%. While I am all for speculating on crypto, I don't see the point of using it to buy goods/services. It's baffling. We spend cash because it's accepted everywhere, it's what we get paid with, and because it will be worth less tomorrow than it is today. Spending crypto would be like using shares of a stock to purchase something. Why on earth would you spend the stock (or crypto) when you believe it's going to be more valuable in the future? It's like voluntarily paying more than you have to.

Reaction Score
Anyone in on TRCH?

O/G in Texas that is selling it assets and going green and merging with company called metamaterials. Meta wants it’s ticker spot on exchange.
Meta has Deals with Airbus and LMT.
special divi once sold O/G assets.
announced offering @ 1.20 so will dip below that.
300 @ 1.6ish saw it .88 and balked.
Will avg down soon. Recently paid off debt. Vanguard invested in this steady penny and deals with big companies. We’ll see

Reaction Score
Totally agree. 100%. While I am all for speculating on crypto, I don't see the point of using it to buy goods/services. It's baffling. We spend cash because it's accepted everywhere, it's what we get paid with, and because it will be worth less tomorrow than it is today. Spending crypto would be like using shares of a stock to purchase something. Why on earth would you spend the stock (or crypto) when you believe it's going to be more valuable in the future? It's like voluntarily paying more than you have to.
And assets don't stabilize when it's being hoarded for its upside instead of being used as a mode of exchange. It's a catch-22. So far the mainstream uses for it are pretty gimmicky and my guess is most companies that "accept bitcoin" have it transferred immediately through an intermediary that pays them out in cash. Tesla sounds like they will be one of the big exceptions there.

Reaction Score
I can’t sit on the sideline any longer. Musk is gonna make us use crypto. Bought a bunch of Doge this morning and it’s already up 20%. To the moon!!!
Just remember DOGE is garbage- ride the pump make some money but I can't imagine this will end well long term.
Might also be a bit hard to sell if people feel its peaking and everyone tries to get out at same time.
I bought 200K DOGE at about .0002- I'm going to cash out 50% at about .10-.12 and let the rest ride.

Reaction Score
Anyone in on TRCH?

O/G in Texas that is selling it assets and going green and merging with company called metamaterials. Meta wants it’s ticker spot on exchange.
Meta has Deals with Airbus and LMT.
special divi once sold O/G assets.
announced offering @ 1.20 so will dip below that.
300 @ 1.6ish saw it .88 and balked.
Will avg down soon. Recently paid off debt. Vanguard invested in this steady penny and deals with big companies. We’ll see
Mentioned TRCH a while ago got in at 0.70

Reaction Score
I can’t sit on the sideline any longer. Musk is gonna make us use crypto. Bought a bunch of Doge this morning and it’s already up 20%. To the moon!!!

Where did you buy it? I tried to get in a couple of weeks ago on Kraken but they were so overwhelmed I couldn't get set up until this weekend - then you have to wire in money unlike coinbase where you can just connect your bank account.

Reaction Score
I've only done one cruise, but what I learned from a guy who does Catamaran charters out of St. John would have me avoid CCL anyway. If you do go on a cruise, don't go on Carnival. Disney will likely pick up their cruise business at some point. Royal Caribbean and Norwegian. Carnival is the Motel 6 of cruise lines, its a floating dive bar. With no excursions, the only way to do it is private islands.
Motel 6, the downscale Red Roof Inn. Just picture a bunch of Long guyland, Joisey or worse humanoids. Beyond a cruise ship for Alaska with travel inland soon, or maybe the Danube when really old, just can't envision wanting to go on a cruise. The Windjammers sail tours interest me, but maybe private island, upper end Caribbean, Norwegian or maybe private island tours may be less than un-enticing, bottom dwelling CCL.

Once we can travel again, we'll likely be in Asia and fly to South Pacific or SE Asian islands, return to the Maldives, etc. Still see more attractive western travel sector investment alternatives which will likely spike sooner than waiting for foolish humans to embark on CCLs. Nautical Motel 6, yikes!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Motel 6, the downscale Red Roof Inn. Just picture a bunch of Long guyland, Joisey or worse humanoids. Beyond a cruise ship for Alaska with travel inland soon, or maybe the Danube when really old, just can't envision wanting to go on a cruise. The Windjammers sail tours interest me, but maybe private island, upper end Caribbean, Norwegian or maybe private island tours may be less than un-enticing, bottom dwelling CCL.

Once we can travel again, we'll likely be in Asia and fly to South Pacific or SE Asian islands, return to the Maldives, etc. Still see more attractive western travel sector investment alternatives which will likely spike sooner than waiting for foolish humans to embark on CCLs. Nautical Motel 6, yikes!

The catamaran guy, when we all arrived via shuttle bus at the docks said, you guys are Disney right? He was right he said he can tell what line his customers come off of. Said Carnival folks get falling down drunk before they even show up for the snorkeling, and he stopped doing excursions for them. Said Disney and Norweigian were great, with Disney more casual and Norweigian more stuffy. The Disney boats are nice, not so enormous.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I remember the first time we stayed at a Motel 6, cost $16.99. If you wanted to watch TV, it was another 2 bucks. We paid it, the TV was black and white and had snow on every channel.

Reaction Score
Anyone see OCGN? They went into low earth orbit in the span of 2 trading days - from about .35 to 2.60 today. I don't know much about them, I believe they have a vax in late stage trial.
At least now for months to go, OCGN has no vaccine for use in the US at best. OCGN solely has 1/2 of any potential, US distribution rights profits for Indian, Bharat Biotech's Covid-19 vaccine. Bharat's incomplete Indian clinical trials paid Indian nationals to be innoculated, BUT the company has NOT even completed an Indian FDA Phase 3 clinical trial.

Currently, OCGN has not even obtained US FDA clearance to initiate a US Phase 1 clinical trial ... let alone proving safety, potentially receiving US FDA clearance to begin US Phase 2 clinical trials and maybe progressing on to Phase 3 trials ... let alone the US FDA maybe granting EUA for use in the US (emergency use authorization).

The above facts aside, Scud49's or somebody's comment weeks ago prompted buying cupla hundred shares around $2.50. If it hits 20 on some weekend institutional buys at a premium to Friday's close and juiced up reddit commentary, I'm selling enough to breakeven and will forget about it. Now, day traders may milk the likely ups/downs

Reaction Score
I remember the first time we stayed at a Motel 6, cost $16.99. If you wanted to watch TV, it was another 2 bucks. We paid it, the TV was black and white and had snow on every channel.
Upscale then, eh.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Upscale then, eh
For us it was! We were on the way back from our x-county trip where we stayed in a tent when we didn't have a squat. That day we woke up under 4 inches of snow and decided to splurge.

Reaction Score
Hope you guys are all riding the SENS rocket higher. FDA approval for their 180 day sensor hasn’t even happened yet. I’m up 1000% on it as of today. I think it’s going to $10 in short order and won’t be surprised if it hits $20 or more in the next few years.
so i looked in a bit deeper. This is a huge market and I expect the healthcare sector to gain. You pulled me in, but at a limit buy for now, off the days highs.

Reaction Score
Without being a massive crypto proponent, Yanks currently allocate and use greenbacks for different purposes. Times change, even for late born boomer, relucant crypto-understanders. When we eventually are paying, being compensated, allocating some portion of our well-recognized crypto for basic savings, emergencies, and some for investing (conservative to aggressive), etc in the US and globally, I don't see massive difference than doing the same now with greenbacks. Or, other easily convertible currencies. Maybe holding accounts with different traditional currencies enables some openness to crypto adoption, but I suspect many may eventually adapt.

Reaction Score
Hope you guys are all riding the SENS rocket higher. FDA approval for their 180 day sensor hasn’t even happened yet. I’m up 1000% on it as of today. I think it’s going to $10 in short order and won’t be surprised if it hits $20 or more in the next few years.

still holding.
never done options, but looking to maybe get into them with SENS.
2/19 $5 C is .35 cents per contract and has over 12k in volume

Anyone with experience with options has an opinion on this call?

possibly selling covered calls?

Reaction Score
still holding.
never done options, but looking to maybe get into them with SENS.
2/19 $5 C is .35 cents per contract and has over 12k in volume

Anyone with experience with options has an opinion on this call?

possibly selling covered calls?
If it doesn’t go past $5 those calls are worthless and they will lose value more and more each day as they get closer to expiration. If you have no experience with options I wouldn’t recommend

I bought $1 calls that expire 2/19 over month ago think they were 0.45 at the time I already sold half my position and I’m holding the other ones til next week sometime

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
man, like the 1 stock on this thread i didn’t dable a lil $ in. I blindly got CLDR, but ignored OCGN, LOL. Now it’s @ 16.5 up 200% today!
Don't beat yourself up over that. Not sure when you bought in but CLDR has been solid of late. I bought NET in a lucky dip last month, had a nice day today.

Reaction Score
If it doesn’t go past $5 those calls are worthless and they will lose value more and more each day as they get closer to expiration. If you have no experience with options I wouldn’t recommend

I bought $1 calls that expire 2/19 over month ago think they were 0.45 at the time I already sold half my position and I’m holding the other ones til next week sometime
$5 is the highest going out till 7/6/21

now, wouldn’t .50 C for 3.20 or
370 for 100 shares be better than $535?

I would like to buy SENS for .50c per share again, but I would be paying 3(edit(7)0 for 100 shares
Currently, I would pay 372 at close in open market.

why only 43 volume on that option? Edit: nevermind.

last post. Trying not to muddle this thread up.

EDIT: (Me ) or actually that word they love to use over there on reddit
other post above.
got CLDR @ 15.19

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Regarding CCL, keep in mind they own/operate a ton of different lines - they’re not just the flagship Motel 6 experience. And there are enough people that love to cruise that at this level, seems like a pretty good roll of the dice if you have a medium-term timeline.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom