OT: Stock trading | Page 96 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

Reaction Score
One of many lawsuits that have been filed against RH the past few months.
Imagine that given some traders committed to use RH (and other) apps with inadequate ops management and risk containment controls, limited client service, and questionable margin limits at least early on to even now. Everything's just peachy when results are positive; less so at other times.

Reaction Score
You know they did this because they knew AMC, GME, and NOK were going to explode today.
I’ve never been as confident as I was last night/this morning, and was upset I didn’t own more. They had to cheat to bail themselves out

Reaction Score
Not a specific recommendation nor particular opinion regarding any particular securities, markets, etc., solely sharing the following link to potentially enable discussion primarily among more experienced LT investors. Long Straddle

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I read somewhere that RH and other platforms are allowing limited trading of GME, AMC, and NOK tomorrow.

What don’t these people understand about supply and demand?

Reaction Score
NOK NOK!!! Whos there??? ITS ELON!! HAHA
The Train has started and it aint stopping. Got plethora of short term and leaps here.

P.S. So its ok for Nancy Pelosi to buy 1 million dollars of Tesla $500 calls before Green deal was to be announced making her fortunes but the regular Joe the Plumber cant get together.
Besides the Reddit thing Im bullish Nokia anyways, they have one of the cheapest 5G phones at 599 i think.
Everyone should dump their APPLE spy phones and get a Nokia

Reaction Score
I'm closing out my RH account, and moving things into my Ally or TD Ameritrade account. They are playing games and favoring the 'suits' over the retail investors (lil guys).

Anyone have tips (i.e. what to avoid) on closing stock positions and transferring them (and cash) to another firm?

Reaction Score
RH sent out email at 430 saying they will allow limited trades of the securities they limited today

Reaction Score
Going to be a lot of average joe speculators that lose their shirts on all of these names. We all know where these companies are headed long term, but if people want to pick up a few dollars in front of the steamroller, by all means. Just don't convince yourself this is "investing".

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Can you regulate an unorganized message board? If the guys at WSB are telling people what to do, and it is open to everyone to read, there are free speech issues with saying they can't do this. They aren't taking their money and doing this. Also, they aren't themselves investing the money. It is a message board. Unless there is a coordinated effort to pump and dump, which doesn't appear to be the case, then i am not sure how it is manipulation.

They took data, found an inefficiency in the market, and recommended that money can be made by putting on a short squeeze on. I think that is fair. Hedge funds shouldn't expose themselves to that.

You play the game, you sometimes lose. Just because you are "important" doesn't innoculate you from the irrationality of the market.

They actively colluded to manipulate a stock price.

Proving each and every individual case could be problematic. But by the actual rules they could get quite a few of them

Reaction Score
They actively colluded to manipulate a stock price.

Proving each and every individual case could be problematic. But by the actual rules they could get quite a few of them
There are a lot of free speech issues that are going to come with prosecuting that, a lot of PR issues in going after anonymous message board users, and a lot of potential gray area being opened up around what is market manipulation that I'm not sure the SEC will want to wade into here.

Reaction Score
RH sent out email at 430 saying they will allow limited trades of the securities they limited today
Just listened to vlad on CNBC, the stocks will be haulted first thing tomorrow (my words, no his). They and the hedge funds don’t have the reserves to cover leveraged short losses that will incur. They’re trying to raise capital, but they will need to either stop the bleeding or get a bailout. Short losses are infinite, unlike a long loss.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom