OT: Stock trading | Page 98 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I read that you shouldn't file a class action lawsuit but file them individually... True?

Reaction Score
Fidelity seemed to be fine. Webull also restricted during the day
the current narrative, true or not; i don't know, is that Fidelity didn't shut down because they were the only ones that had shares left lol. apparently citadel/robinhood had no shares left and that's why they stopped buying.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Google deleted 100,000 legitimate reviews of an app that doesn't work as described. You just hate to see it.

Leaving the politics out of it, this is the concern of big tech from the far left and far right (Horseshoe). It should be the concern of the middle of the horse shoe too.

When Big Tech and Big Investments team up to protect each other, watch out.

Reaction Score
If anyone is looking to leave RH like myself, I suggest SoFi. It is a money management app (more than just a trading platform) started by Chamath Palihapitiya. Robinhood deserves to wither and go busto.
About a decade ago, SoFi was created by Stanford grad students. Palihapitiya had no role in establishing the company, but may have invested in it since. SoFi is going to merge with a Palihapitiya SPAC, but it’s unclear why anyone should believe SoFi or other similar firms might not limit trades at some point. Stuff happens!

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
the current narrative, true or not; i don't know, is that Fidelity didn't shut down because they were the only ones that had shares left lol. apparently citadel/robinhood had no shares left and that's why they stopped buying.
Possible lol. Or the suits got out of their shorts.

Reaction Score
This maybe a dumb question, but is anyone aware of how I can transfer my crypto to another broker?

I currently have robinhood and would like to leave for another platform, but I don't want to sell my holdings, wait for a deposit to clear on another platform and then rebuy.

Reaction Score
i slammed $500 on $DOGE last night when i saw wallstreetbets shilling early and i now have $2k $DOGE. $1,500 gain on a $500 investment in less than 24 hours. first dog on the moon
Where do you go to buy Doge? I assume I can’t on TD

Reaction Score
Where's the best place buy Doge? I can't find it anywhere and Binance doesn't allow NY/CT

Reaction Score
Any DEFI projects you would recommend to invest in?
Every legit defi project needs Chainlink. It is the source for real world data feeds into smart contracts.

Synthetix Network is defi for the derivatives market......but relies on chainlink for real-world data price feeds

All roads lead back to chainlink

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Every legit defi project needs Chainlink. It is the source for real world data feeds into smart contracts.

Synthetix Network is defi for the derivatives market......but relies on chainlink for real-world data price feeds

All roads lead back to chainlink

Is that the LINK-USD?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Never have institutional managers actively colluded to keep buying (or selling) securities and other assets to drive their prices up (or down).

I’m shocked, shocked to find that collusion may be going on here. ;)
I didn’t say that either. But one doesn’t mean the other isn’t happening

Which is why I think the WSB may have issues. But the hedge funds may have even bigger issues.

It will be interesting to see what comes out of this. When I took my options valuation class at UConn back in 1988 it was all about covered positions. Mixing puts, calls and shares for arbitrage. It ensured an efficient market. When news showed up the next day in the paper, there was no way to manipulate shares they way it happens now. I wouldn’t be surprised to see short positions like those used against GME banned.

The whole thing reminds me of the shareholder derivative lawsuits of the 90s. My involvement with Milberg, Weiss caused me to quit private practice. Then most of those partners went to jail, and the practice was largely regulated out of existence. That’s what is coming for the hedge funds.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
This maybe a dumb question, but is anyone aware of how I can transfer my crypto to another broker?

I currently have robinhood and would like to leave for another platform, but I don't want to sell my holdings, wait for a deposit to clear on another platform and then rebuy.
offline hard wallet

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Which is why I think the WSB may have issues. But the hedge funds may have even bigger issues.

It will be interesting to see what comes out of this. When I took my options valuation class at UConn back in 1988 it was all about covered positions. Mixing puts, calls and shares for arbitrage. It ensured an efficient market. When news showed up the next day in the paper, there was no way to manipulate shares they way it happens now. I wouldn’t be surprised to see short positions like those used against GME banned.

The whole thing reminds me of the shareholder derivative lawsuits of the 90s. My involvement with Milberg, Weiss caused me to quit private practice. Then most of those partners went to jail, and the practice was largely regulated out of existence. That’s what is coming for the hedge funds.

Yup. It’s bad. There’s legal manipulation, (like black rock announcing they spend like $120 trillion on esg stocks, that’s going to inflate those stock values) and then there’s what’s going on today by everyone.

Man you must have some awesome stories

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Yup. It’s bad. There’s legal manipulation, (like black rock announcing they spend like $120 trillion on esg stocks, that’s going to inflate those stock values) and then there’s what’s going on today by everyone.

Man you must have some awesome stories

I was just local counsel, but my name is down on a suit vs Sprint. Didn’t like that. Those guys were scum. For the lawyers here they also knew more Civ Pro than I ever will. Just brilliant at it. Could get a class action on file anywhere in under 24 hours. Your stock went down a couple percent they sued you. That was the process. They tried to charge a 12 foot long Mahogany conference table and chairs as a legal expense because they needed a place to sit and discuss the case. We mostly worked with Patricia Hynes and David Bershad, who were maybe a bit less evil than some other named partners.

Oddly I recall interviewing at Drexel Burnham in Hartford before I decided to go to law school. Dodged a bullet there. They were mostly concerned about filling out the corporate softball team as far as I could tell.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I was just local counsel, but my name is down on a suit vs Sprint. Didn’t like that. Those guys were scum. For the lawyers here they also knew more Civ Pro than I ever will. Just brilliant at it. Could get a class action on file anywhere in under 24 hours. Your stock went down a couple percent they sued you. That was the process. They tried to charge a 12 foot long Mahogany conference table and chairs as a legal expense because they needed a place to sit and discuss the case. We mostly worked with Patricia Hynes and David Bershad, who were maybe a bit less evil than some other named partners.

Oddly I recall interviewing at Drexel Burnham in Hartford before I decided to go to law school. Dodged a bullet there. They were mostly concerned about filling out the corporate softball team as far as I could tell.

Damn.

You had options. I read a lot on Milken. Depending on the source he was either a genius ahead of his time who was villainized for being so, or pure evil.

It’s fascinating. But high finance is a good opportunity as well.

I wish I went into PE rather than law school

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom