OT: Stock trading | Page 69 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

Reaction Score
what are the projections for CYDY? Any idea? It’s 5.39 right now. Also what do you use to purchase?

First of all, I am a swing trader, not an investor. Looking at the charts, CYDY is showing a very bullish pattern and If I were to project out 6-8 weeks, with positive news the stock "could" go to the 10-15 range.
All of the indicators/oscillators MACD, MOM, SMA are all indicating "buy" . Near term, next 5 days my price target is 6.50-6.75 in which case I would take profit and re-enter a new trade if it retests support of 5.60-5.75 range. I use both Lightspeed and Fidelity Pro for equities and Forex trading.

On another note, I am reading that CYDY's therapeutic may be more effective then remdesivir, phase 3 anaylsis and FDA guidance is expected in the next 4-6 weeks??

Reaction Score
Happy New Year guys. Rough last week for me but still a blessed year overall. Sold a lot of stuff Thursday to eliminate margin and be well positioned with cash for any sizable pullbacks. I’m going to try to trade a little more this year, focused right now on Micron (MU) before earnings on Thursday.

Reaction Score
It does have a high expense ratio - that is the one thing I wrestled with. I have found that I'll hold onto a good mutual fund longer vs trading in and out of ETF's, which I have a tendency (weakness perhaps) to do. As far as front end ADNPX expenses, to my research, I could not find anything:
No doubt ADNPX's high fees (1.34%) are cost prohibitive for many people vs ARKK (0.75%), but neither are typically considered quick trading, flipping vehicles. Thanks for the current correction regarding ADNPX's front load. Perhaps for fear of losing sales to the financially sounder ARKK, American Beacon killed their original load. Good luck with the mutual fund.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
The regulators are going after foreign exchanges. They're also going after privacy and stablecoins

Last edited:
Reaction Score
what are the projections for CYDY? Any idea? It’s 5.39 right now. Also what do you use to purchase?
Late Mar-early Apr, bought some of the typically very lightly traded CYDY <3 in a Roth solely used for riskier chances. Then and now, I never believed CYDY's particularly well managed, it remains in the grays and hence has virtually no institutional holders (ahead of possible move to Nasdaq). That said, CYDY's recently added more-competent pharma leaders, begun to enhance their financials, signed prospective manufacturing agreements with Samsung Biologics and Ajinomoto (FDA-clearance dependent), and CYDY's Leronlimab/Vyrologix may luck into a narrowly-scoped FDA clearance for severe-to-critical SARS-2 patients (potentially later, other uses for Covid-19 long haulers and for breast cancer, HIV, NASH, etc.).

CYDY's been up and down like a trampolined-kid since March. Not being much of a trader, I intended to hold the initial shares for a year, win or lose. Then, sold enough shares to break even >6 up to >9, and added more <3 as recent as Nov. Jader's likely correct, CYDY will potentially bump up Monday, shorters will try to pound it back down as they have since March, and CYDY may rise up again up to a Wednesday conference call into Thursday, repeat ...

Sometime later in January, the Leronlimab/Vyrologix Phase III trial results for severe-to-critical patients will be unblinded. Forget about investments, ideally the FDA grants EUA such that an actual effective, therapeutic treatment finally exists. Knocking on wood for our country.

Reaction Score
No doubt ADNPX's high fees (1.34%) are cost prohibitive for many people vs ARKK (0.75%), but neither are typically considered quick trading, flipping vehicles. Thanks for the current correction regarding ADNPX's front load. Perhaps for fear of losing sales to the financially sounder ARKK, American Beacon killed their original load. Good luck with the mutual fund.
Thanks on the fund, we shall see what the new year brings. I did buy both ARKG and ARKK this past Wednesday on their respective dips. Cathie is incredibly bullish on the genomics sector for 2021 and beyond- thus far I appreciate her and her team's boldness and vision, she has my confidence.

Reaction Score
Looks like STIM checks are going into more BTC. LOL
I was looking to get in since 18k or so but the recent spike was so severe that a pullback never happened. Have put most of my crypto assets into ETH now, hoping for a big enough pullback on BTC to add. Dogecoin is having a parabolic run the past few days. Available on Robinhood but not Coinbase.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Looks like STIM checks are going into more BTC. LOL
IMO the big investment firms and other whales got in before the checks and have been driving the price up. The FOMO now from everyone else will be put into BTC. The whales and financial institutions will cash out. That's what it seems like. Probably wrong but it feels like a crash is coming and that seems plausible

Reaction Score
IMO the big investment firms and other whales got in before the checks and have been driving the price up. The FOMO now from everyone else will be put into BTC. The whales and financial institutions will cash out. That's what it seems like. Probably wrong but it feels like a crash is coming and that seems plausible
The technical term is Pump and Dump. lol

Reaction Score
The technical term is Pump and Dump. lol
There certainly will be a correction at some point- and people will certainly sell as the price increases. However the big boys move into BTC seems to be as a store of wealth. If that is the case then I think you will see more people holding BTC long term.

Last edited:

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
ETH red hot lately, glad I tripled up on it a few days ago.
Yeah. Wondering if it’s not too hot. Thinking I should just cash out all my crypto and buy things like reits for income

Reaction Score
YUP I read that Paul Tudor Jones bought a bunch of BTC

Reaction Score
Yeah. Wondering if it’s not too hot. Thinking I should just cash out all my crypto and buy things like reits for income
I was down quite a bit on crypto until recently. Vowed if I got even I’d get out but now that I’m close of course I worry if I sell it will keep running. My thinking is with BTC having made such a huge run, investors are piling into ETH which is still over 30% off its alltime high. I’m pretty new to crypto though so Scot-e and others might have better perspective.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I was down quite a bit on crypto until recently. Vowed if I got even I’d get out but now that I’m close of course I worry if I sell it will keep running. My thinking is with BTC having made such a huge run, investors are piling into ETH which is still over 30% off its alltime high. I’m pretty new to crypto though so Scot-e and others might have better perspective.
Yeah crypto is not my thing but I’m also not sure how it fits into society. It is not going to be the currency.

not sure how everything plays out

Reaction Score
Scud49 or other OCGN day traders,

Again noting OCGN remains solar universes removed from US FDA clearance of Indian private Bharat Biotech's Covaxin, OCGN may pop on Nasdaq Monday AM before shorters potentially slam it back down, repeat ... Why? India's FDA cleared Covaxin for "restricted emergency use" in India.

Incoveniently, it's unclear OCGN's even initiated interaction with the US FDA regarding Covaxin. Currently, just a marketing contract with Bharat for potential US-only distribution should Covaxin ever make it through Phase I, II and III clinical trials and obtain some kind of US FDA clearance.

Reaction Score
Yeah crypto is not my thing but I’m also not sure how it fits into society. It is not going to be the currency.

not sure how everything plays out
nobody that follows it closely believes it will be a currency. i believe that most are treating it as a store of value and hoping it becomes a gold alternative/replacement.

given the fixed supply of bitcoin, i believe that many are using it as a hedge against equity inflation driven by recent global monetary policy.

the most recent run is probably due to a variety of factors (recent halving of the mining reward, global monetary policy, institutional buy-in, and usual FOMO that follows any momentum in the price).

i am a long term hold, to see how this all plays out over the coming years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom