OT: Stock trading | Page 63 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

Reaction Score
But it isn’t their job to prop up 401ks. But that’s a higher level conversation than this thread. But I’m a fan of the fed
Fed is first there to control inflation. Greenspan tried to deflate the irrational exuberance of 2000 tech with raising interest rates.

Fed can use monetary policy to spur economic growth out of a recession , and that is the dominant theory these days and what is going on. But, they should be unconcerned with the market if it is functioning correctly. Right now, the market is on a fed sugar high. That is a consequence of fiscal stimulus, but propping up the market wasn’t the goal of the stimulus.

Reaction Score
Still a good buy at current $1.38?
(did you sell, or u holding in anticipation of more increase?)

So I am watching BTC right now, looks like it is headed to 25k, so if NXTD tests $1.30 and hils up, I will be a buyer again.

Reaction Score
I think any serious hit to NIO, PDD, BABA, BIDU etc would be a huge buying opportunity.

I agree, Chinese tech stocks are some of the most solid investments right now. They handled COVID so much h better than we did and their economy has seen much less impact because of it.The US still has a couple years of tough economics to sort through even after the vaccines have been completed.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
The government is going after private wallets for crypto. Not happy at all

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
You mean tax wise?
From my understanding, If you transfer it off of an exchange say Coinbase, coinbase needs to know who the owner of the wallet is that your sending the crypto to. Anything over a certain amount needs to be reported

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Good luck getting that through a divided Congress.
The way the government works, wouldn’t be surprised if it was a type of EO. Also, it’ll happen at the state level if not through congress

Reaction Score
They shouldn’t. There’s more than enough govt theft as it is.

Stop punishing people who know how to use money.

I am with you, plus Cap gains help stimulate the economy.

Reaction Score
Monday will be very volatile for the Chinese stocks. Trump signed the bill to start delisting.
Which Chinese stocks? Sooooo much variety, all not SOEs; all not traded via US exchanges; all not PLA-military affiliated; most unfamiliar to most westerners; many Caymans, Malta, etc based with even less direct ownership than “Chinese stocks” traded via ADRs; 3 years to comply with US PCAOB audit requirements (IF ever enforced), etc.

After potential TSLA spikes upward Monday, related volatility will be interesting in the last 2, year-ending, shortened trade weeks?

Reaction Score
Insightful new mainland EV article: Barron's NIO, LI, XPEV 12/14

Thanks to my spouse's HK cousin/financial advisor, we bought NIO, LI, XPEV shares in May/June in my play Roth. I've also held BYDDY for several years. Mid/late Nov, we happily sold chunk of NIO, LI and XPEV guaranteeing breakeven. We've bought LI and XPEV on big dips, but local insight matters perhaps as much as traditional valuation some of us learned in ACCT courses, careers, etc. After BRKB bought shares of China's largest EV manufacturer, BYD (Toyota/BYD JV), I also bought some BYDDY. Similar to our breakeven NIO, LI and XPEV shares, I have no plan to sell BYDDY shares as BYD is China's largest EV manufacturer, is well managed, has a massive distribution network, etc.

Why? Mainland govt policy gradually limiting internal combustion vehicle sales, rapidly increasing societal environmental/ESG focus, huge R&D investment in EV (mainland big tech, govt, domestic and non-mainland PE, etc), massively growing nationalism, big time mid/upper class growth, "keeping up with the Zhou family", flashy nouveau EV trumps stodgy grandparent Buicks and Olds which were THE cars to own in 2010 or many traditional mainland competitors, etc.

NIO may be overvalued now, more than than LI and XPEV currently. However, some LT investors see the potential and some day traders are willing to take ST profits and pay resulting taxes either ST in non-tax deferred accounts down the road when they eventually take distributions.
Warren Buffett is bydd biggest investor hold a huge stake. Had it for a while

Reaction Score
Monday will be very volatile for the Chinese stocks. Trump signed the bill to start delisting.
Won't make a difference in the long run. People hate to hear it but Asia is gonna take over as the financial power just like the USA took it over from London. They are continually growing at like 10% and have the largest population. It's idiot to delist the Asian stocks it's only going to hurt America they just have to embrace it

Reaction Score
I think any serious hit to NIO, PDD, BABA, BIDU etc would be a huge buying opportunity.
Baba is already a great buying opportunity it's bigger than Amazon with a larger market share in a larger market. And they don't have their web service or Ant factor into the balance sheet/ price. No way it should be below $300 and will probably be $500 come this time next year

Reaction Score
UAVS popping again, and TSLA with an expected drawback. QS is having a nice little run. First day I don't have any regrets about swapping my DIS for QS.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom