OT: Stock trading | Page 62 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Agreed. I think it’s bc Robinhood has allowed people to bypass traditional investing firms. The average guy can get them into the market and invest how they want, in what they want. It’s made the market act differently than what investors are used to. The younger crowd listens to podcasts, subscribes to newsletters, etc. They’re not dumb.

the same crowd MA is going after can go purchase unlimited lotto tickets and scratch offs

I don’t know anything about the suit, sounds like Maura Healy with her usual nonsense. Wasting my taay dollars.

But I have to ask why do people use Robinhood? I had an online trading account back in the 90s. Cost me nothing and trades were cheap. At Fidelity my trades are now free. But it’s not as if the online brokers are charging much.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I don’t know anything about the suit, sounds like Maura Healy with her usual nonsense. Wasting my taay dollars.

But I have to ask why do people use Robinhood? I had an online trading account back in the 90s. Cost me nothing and trades were cheap. At Fidelity my trades are now free. But it’s not as if the online brokers are charging much.
The interface is great and it's very user friendly. Very simple to use and does have some nice features when you're on your home page and when you search. I just switched to Fidelity and I'm not the biggest fan of the app and webpage. There's a lot more going on and more to offer, but it seems as if it was created with old software and was never updated.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
the stock market is fully dependent on the fed and stimulus (bailouts).

Absolutely not a fan of them propping it up. Taking all my bargains away. I miss getting PRU for 44 lol

Reaction Score
Absolutely not a fan of them propping it up. Taking all my bargains away. I miss getting PRU for 44 lol
Oh god PRU at that price with that dividend was a gift from god. That and Broadcom at like 160 were great buys. In hindsight back up the truck, home equity etc load ups.

Reaction Score
surprising because some of the Alt Coins aren't following suit. Not sure why?
I think there are many outflows out of alt coins currently and going forward into BTC. Stimulus checks will further be deflationary i think (only 600 per person) that should further go into markets but mostly BTC i would imagine. I think eventually Precious Metals will see inflows from all other equities and i speak of the physical stuff mainly.

the Q

Reaction Score
Oh god PRU at that price with that dividend was a gift from god. That and Broadcom at like 160 were great buys. In hindsight back up the truck, home equity etc load ups.

Thanks to absurdly ridiculous and overreaching Roth contribution rules it wasn’t able to be that much

Reaction Score
Nice to see $UAVS end a week at $4. I've been in a loooooooong time. Nice to see it end a week up. This was always a long play, but still feel this will be HUGE in the future.

Same w/. IPOC - if anyone saw my reply, a few up from yesterday, and jumped in - fun day (w/. much higher to go)

Reaction Score
IPOC is clover health right? which is a medicare advantage clone?

I got some IPOB late which will be $OPEN starting Monday. See what happens with this one. Any one already using Opendoor for real estate?

Reaction Score
Yes. Clover.
IPOB was great for me - rolled it into IPOC but good luck with the ticker change. Monday should be fun.

Reaction Score
IPOC is clover health right? which is a medicare advantage clone?

I got some IPOB late which will be $OPEN starting Monday. See what happens with this one. Any one already using Opendoor for real estate?

I like Chamath palihapitiya a lot. Currently only 1 percent of real estate transactions are done online so there’s a massive opportunity in the space and opendoor could fill it.

Reaction Score
Maybe a silly question, but is Tesla worth throwing some money into and holding for the next 10-15 years? I'm 19 and would like a nice long term play.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
No surprise there. Really really sucks. The banks and investment firms finally get in and then this gets put out there

Reaction Score
the stock market is fully dependent on the fed and stimulus (bailouts).
This is closer to the truth than anyone is willing to accept. 0-.25% fed funds rate has led to an asset bubble. Add in massive government spending. This spring and massive tax cuts, and the only place that makes sense to put your money is in equities.

money is so cheap, and the market prices in fed stimulus whenever it contracts.

Right now, consumer discretionary is in a darn recession and the only way to help is massive stimulus.

Reaction Score
Problem is the current climate is that stock market= good economy.

That is far from the truth, but people feel better about things when the 401ks increase.

Markets, as a result of that, take on a greater importance than it should.

the Q

Reaction Score
Problem is the current climate is that stock market= good economy.

That is far from the truth, but people feel better about things when the 401ks increase.

Markets, as a result of that, take on a greater importance than it should.

But it isn’t their job to prop up 401ks. But that’s a higher level conversation than this thread. But I’m a fan of the fed

Reaction Score
NO, the ticker is $NXTD, which is NXT-ID inc. It already popped, tripled my money on it.

Still a good buy at current $1.38?
(did you sell, or u holding in anticipation of more increase?)

Reaction Score
Still a good buy at current $1.38?
(did you sell, or u holding in anticipation of more increase?)

I swing trade, so I sold all my shares, will consider re-entering if it holds this support 1.25-1.30 level, also depending on what BTC does.

Reaction Score
We should do a fun little contest naming our one stock for the following week. I’ll go with SE (Sea Ltd). Recently working through a secondary offering but I expect it to roar another 10% soon. If not this week it will be very soon.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom