OT: Stock trading | Page 60 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

Reaction Score
Mandelorian is so good. What’s Star Wars cannon?
Typo, canonical- anything that is part of the official star wars universe is better or as well known to kids as what they learn in history class. It’s kinda amazing seeing the movie Star Wars lionized for so long and as it turns out it was correct not based on just the movie itself but for the IP.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I got in two weeks ago, think about the perfect storm for this stock, between vaccines and the pent up demand you mentioned, the explosive growth of Disney +, sports returning to previous levels and how well they should be able to cross promote between the three. I wouldn’t be shocked to see Disney + spun off at some point and being the next Netflix. Exciting time to be in, I’m trying to find a way to add more and hopefully enjoy a run up to 220-240.

They aren’t spinning it off unless the DOJ makes them. It’s a vertically integrated model. They own the best brands, Classic Disney, Pixar, Star Wars and Marvel, they make the movies and shows, they sell the licensed merchandise, and they use Disney+ to deliver digital content. The parks both make money and attract people but those kids love the characters and then consume the digital content later.

It is like the Beatles owned a national radio network and the best concert venues in America. But it’s more like one company owned that, plus the Stones, The Who, Elvis and Sinatra.

Content is king. Netflix has some headwinds. Has anybody noticed there isn’t much on Netflix? They aren’t getting content from Disney or TW anymore. Those Marvel shows helped them, but that well is dry now. HBOMax is already better than Netflix.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
1607948664731.png

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Doubt Senate passes the cannabis bill that Congress is sending to them.
Agreed, but I’m talking for individual states. Should’ve stated that

Reaction Score
Doubt it goes below $40 again, unless delivery #"S for December are bad, or NIO day is underwhelming.
I crack up when people throw these crazy numbers out. The only time you’ll ever see NIO under 30 again is maybe after a split,

Reaction Score
I crack up when people throw these crazy numbers out. The only time you’ll ever see NIO under 30 again is maybe after a split,
I didn't like the total market cap compared to actual major automakers (GM in linked article, but still) that sell millions of cars. Do you think their actual revenues will justify their valuation (and when, then when grow beyond that?) or is it likely a play that they get bought out at x times value by a major automaker? The gov't subsidy thing also a worry.
I honestly don't know a thing about the Chinese auto market, but in the US at least I think the major brands are the ones we will all be buying electric cars from. Network of dealerships super powerful etc..

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
MA is going after Robinhood. They’re using the vaping argument for it. Also trying to protect the big guys and the market

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom