OT: Stock trading | Page 151 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

Reaction Score
Nice! Still super cheap but I’ve been buying cheaper coins. There’s a bunch which make it hard to choose. EWT at $9 is great. Then there’s xrp and matic near a dollar. Then there are pennies and subpennies
My gf picked up some vechain which seems to be one of those penny ones. Imagine if that even hits just 2-3 euros.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Thinking of grabbing FUBO and Volkswagen. Which Volkswagen symbol do you guys recommend?

Reaction Score
I didn't buy anymore but I was HODLing (haha) so at least I'm back in the black after today.

Reaction Score
Public schools and universities educated and all, my wife and I figured LINK at the equivalent of 16 greenbacks might be better than last week's initial buy at the dip to $24. Wish we'd moved more USD or even SGD to SG crypto app

Reaction Score
Interesting timing as massive property developer and prior world's largest cinema operator and largest AMC shareholder, Dalian Wanda Group, its' chairman Wang Jianliang and his fellow world top-10 wealthiest colleague each resigned from AMC's board and jettisoned all but <1% of their AMC shares. Only inspired by purported central government pressure and goals to deleverage and cull non-mainland assets ... ?

002564bc712b0d8951c421.jpg

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Interesting timing as massive property developer and prior world's largest cinema operator and largest AMC shareholder, Dalian Wanda Group, its' chairman Wang Jianliang and his fellow world top-10 wealthiest colleague each resigned from AMC's board and jettisoned all but <1% of their AMC shares. Only inspired by purported central government pressure and goals to deleverage and cull non-mainland assets ... ?

002564bc712b0d8951c421.jpg
They sold for a huge loss. But the shares were bought up today.

Reaction Score

Wanda spent $700 million to buy AMC in 2012, and the company said it has doubled its money. Wanda started selling AMC shares in December and has accelerated those sales this year as the Reddit-fueled frenzy continued to drive debt-laden AMC’s share price higher.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Wanda spent $700 million to buy AMC in 2012, and the company said it has doubled its money. Wanda started selling AMC shares in December and has accelerated those sales this year as the Reddit-fueled frenzy continued to drive debt-laden AMC’s share price higher.

Another company who should’ve issued more sales during the nonsense to raise more capital for that debt

Reaction Score
No doubt the timing of Wanda selling now on their 2012 AMC investment is interesting, yet why now? Was it really a loss for Wanda? No operational profits since 2012? Wanda sold all but the remaining 1% of its’ AMC shares at a $14 avg b/tw 5/13-18, higher than shares volleyed back and forth today at lower prices ($13.68 close, $13.80 AG).

Reaction Score
Thinking of grabbing FUBO and Volkswagen. Which Volkswagen symbol do you guys recommend?
No recommendation regarding VW’s voting ADR VWAGY vs preferred ADR VWAPY, yet each ran up nicely since Oct. ;)

Porsche Auto Holdings POAHY offers a related alternative for consideration to reap possible VW and partner auto brand upside potential. Lower book value; debt yet minuscule interest rate. Plus, wouldn’t you rather own a Porsche, Bugatti, Lamborghini ...

Reaction Score
Any opinions on weed stocks? I got some MJ yesterday. Think it's something good to hold onto for a while?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
No doubt the timing of Wanda selling now on their 2012 AMC investment is interesting, yet why now? Was it really a loss for Wanda? No operational profits since 2012? Wanda sold all but the remaining 1% of its’ AMC shares at a $14 avg b/tw 5/13-18, higher than shares volleyed back and forth today at lower prices ($13.68 close, $13.80 AG).

Seems like a crackdown from CCP on a number of companies. Certainly financial and tech. It wouldn't surprise me if that extended to AMC for political reasons.

I am interested in the future of the movie theater business. Noticed that my local Regal was being refurbished when I stopped by the plaza where it is located last weekend. Has Hollywood been holding on to some expected blockbusters waiting for everything to open full tilt? Maybe.

the Q

Reaction Score
Seems like a crackdown from CCP on a number of companies. Certainly financial and tech. It wouldn't surprise me if that extended to AMC for political reasons.

I am interested in the future of the movie theater business. Noticed that my local Regal was being refurbished when I stopped by the plaza where it is located last weekend. Has Hollywood been holding on to some expected blockbusters waiting for everything to open full tilt? Maybe.

Wondering if they aren’t going more upscale. Recliners etc.

Gotta make it an experience to draw people back in

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Wondering if they aren’t going more upscale. Recliners etc.

Gotta make it an experience to draw people back in

That is exactly what they are doing. Also upgrading sound, experience etc. Hopefully they get an alcohol license as well.

the Q

Reaction Score
That is exactly what they are doing. Also upgrading sound, experience etc. Hopefully they get an alcohol license as well.

I am a business genius!!

(Not really but imagine me doing that to the Billy Madison “I’m the smartest man alive” actions, tone etc)

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
They “claim” they made 2x profits. But they’d been unloading the stock since it’s $3-5 price range in December, can’t see how they made money when they bought in fairly high.

Reaction Score
Has Hollywood been holding on to some expected blockbusters waiting for everything to open full tilt? Maybe.
I think some big movies are getting bottle necked back. Like Bond and Dune, for example.

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I am a business genius!!

(Not really but imagine me doing that to the Billy Madison “I’m the smartest man alive” actions, tone etc)

Ironically, I checked the website to see when it opens fully, and it listed RPX (new sound, video) and VIP. Looked up VIP and found a bankruptcy court lawsuit by Regal vs VIP, which is a company that upgrades theaters with those more luxurious seats etc.

I think we all know what it will take to get people back, and that is a major upgrade over watching at home on a 75" 4K TV with surround sound.

the Q

Reaction Score
Ironically, I checked the website to see when it opens fully, and it listed RPX (new sound, video) and VIP. Looked up VIP and found a bankruptcy court lawsuit by Regal vs VIP, which is a company that upgrades theaters with those more luxurious seats etc.

I think we all know what it will take to get people back, and that is a major upgrade over watching at home on a 75" 4K TV with surround sound.

exactly why I said what I said. The home technology is so good now that streaming on your couch is just too easy.

you need a real attraction to get people in

Reaction Score
They “claim” they made 2x profits. But they’d been unloading the stock since it’s $3-5 price range in December, can’t see how they made money when they bought in fairly high.
Acknowledging AMC's unfortunate pandemic performance and ongoing massive debt, just wondered whether you had any insight on Wanda's annual operational net profit (loss) derived from its' AMC stake and actual total gain/loss since 2012. Got it, whether Wanda's AMC investment actually resulted in a huge loss, possible breakeven, or maybe some profit remains TBD.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom