OT: Stock trading | Page 107 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
can someone settle wth is going on with AMC and GME? Are the algorithms doing this? Are people just dumping? Will there be massive buying soon? Is this all related to expiring options?

Reaction Score
can someone settle wth is going on with AMC and GME? Are the algorithms doing this? Are people just dumping? Will there be massive buying soon? Is this all related to expiring options?

I was under the impression that the stall and limits by Robinhood (since their users owned like 50+% of GME/AMC) allowed the hedge funds to scramble and save their rear ends. That's a really simplistic explanation so I apologize and I have no idea if it's right.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I got out today on all my AMC as well. Lost a little money on it since I was hoping it pulled out of the tailspin and it didn't look like it will. It was fun following for a few days. Back to the normal grind.
Soft.
I have paper hands (always have), got out of 1/2 my AMC trade yesterday, closed it out today. Had a nice return but not nearly as much had the manipulation not occurred last Thursday. I believe we were on the cusp of the gamma squeeze.

Wall Street beat the little guy. I’ve been in the market for decades and will continue to do my thing. My concern is, what happened last week, will drive away millions of new investors who were getting excited and knowledgeable about the market.

My hope was they would all make some money and then reinvest it, more wisely, on long term investments. Hope that is still the case.
Weak.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I don’t know what the truth really is but many Redditors are freaking out, begging people to hold the line.

Reaction Score
I was under the impression that the stall and limits by Robinhood (since their users owned like 50+% of GME/AMC) allowed the hedge funds to scramble and save their rear ends. That's a really simplistic explanation so I apologize and I have no idea if it's right.
I agree. The deep plunges have occurred when trading was restricted. The deep plunges are terrifying people and they're bailing. Its sad to see.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
GME should’ve issued new shares at 30x it’s true value.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I don’t know what the truth really is but many Redditors are freaking out, begging people to hold the line.

That was always the risk. With or without the Robinhood trading issues, at some point, human nature takes over and people choose their interest over some collective goal. Are some of those WSB guys crying foul while actually selling and taking the profits? Of course they are.

If you show up at a poker table and you don't know who the fish is, you're the fish. WSB is a massive poker table.

Reaction Score
That was always the risk. With or without the Robinhood trading issues, at some point, human nature takes over and people choose their interest over some collective goal. Are some of those WSB guys crying foul while actually selling and taking the profits? Of course they are.

If you show up at a poker table and you don't know who the fish is, you're the fish. WSB is a massive poker table.
The whole market is the table. WSB is the fish that won a few hands by surprising the pros with a bluff and then hitting a draw. Then they didn't have enough sense to get up from the table and were slowly bled dry by the pros at the table.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The whole market is the table. WSB is the fish that won a few hands by surprising the pros with a bluff and then hitting a draw. Then they didn't have enough sense to get up from the table and were slowly bled dry by the pros at the table.

That's one way to look at it. I think there are also some within WSB who were using WSB to drive up GME for their benefit, at the expense of perhaps, newer folks in WSB who came in later.

Reaction Score
You forgot to mention the dealer slipping the hedge funds cards. The market restrictions are really killing the mojo.

g_smith

made my username before I noticed the UConn theme
Reaction Score
Sold 8 of my 18 CCIV stock today. Was up 50%. I’ll leave the other 10 hoping the Lucid rumors are true and I’ll be in a great price for years to come.

Reaction Score
Sold 8 of my 18 CCIV stock today. Was up 50%. I’ll leave the other 10 hoping the Lucid rumors are true and I’ll be in a great price for years to come.

I bought a $20 call option last week. Should have kept my 130 shares at $18.30 or so. It might be looking like people are buying early to drive up price before an announcement of some sort.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I like $BB long term even without the squeeze. Doing big things in lucrative space

I agree. Them and NOK are good long term buys when this nonsense is over

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Can you explain how you see that working at this point? If it makes sense, I'd buy right back in.

Not your average hype video - the guy uses facts and math. But the SSR list needs to be in place for tomorrow.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
This past spring my 17 year old high school senior grandson called and said he was taking a course in the stock market and to send him cash for his birthday. I asked what he was going to buy. He said there is one company that is really exciting and he bought it in the 20's. He was full of new 'nano' technology and having all ready in place distribution systems, six month shelf life. Because I wanted to show faith in him I bought a few shares for 40. And so we could have something to talk about.

The stock NVAX. Motley Fool just posted their conservative estimate for USA only revenues are at $4.5B. I think I'm going to ride this one for a while. Also, it pays to have kids who are smarter than you :)

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom