OT: Stock trading | Page 106 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

Reaction Score
Yup on JP Morgan manipulating the price of silver and gold. I heard that on a podcast a few months ago. I’ll to find the podcast.

how long until $ SLV starts to run/rise? Is $ SLV the one we should be focusing on?
I would focus on the physical, SLV seems to be detached from the physical price. Currently their is a widening gap between physical price and COMEX prices which is what the equity price action is based on. I like AG here because they are a concentrated miner in silver (70-80% of their revenues come from silver) and they have their own silver they make and sell on their online store. They've already gapped up a lot so if your looking for some other equities options try Harmony gold HMY, they do mine a significant amount of silver. Gold is destined to be dragged up longterm anyways with stimulus checks/money printer go BRRRRRR.

Reaction Score
Even if it reaches a $1000, my guess is that's the buy price. What % of the spot price would a person selling physical silver actually get?
At that point dealers/wholesalers would probably look at 50 day Moving Average or 100 day moving average or something to that effect and pay you 80, 90, 95% I'm guessing. It really depends on where the dollar stands at that point. I'm guessing the market is currently skating on thin ice if it couldn't withstand a what i think is minor Gamestop blip and equities sold the other day.

Reaction Score
I have a question. Are you sure JPM has constantly shorted silver while somehow simultaneously amassing billions of ounces?
I'm assuming they learned from Lehman Brothers misdoings in the 08' crisis being naked short so yes, I would be very surprised if JPM doesn't have a ton of silver in vaults in NYC, etc.

Reaction Score
But you can’t buy it in any meaningful quantity right now. Want to buy 10k not a big deal but looking for 50 k - 200 k nearly impossible at this point.
14 dollar silver in March was a gift.

Reaction Score
Yup on JP Morgan manipulating the price of silver and gold. I heard that on a podcast a few months ago. I’ll to find the podcast.

how long until $ SLV starts to run/rise? Is $ SLV the one we should be focusing on?
I read an article that said the Chinese are buying silver like crazy. If that is true then thats 3 billion people that may gobble up a lot of supply.
I almost wonder if this is a forced reset. To force/tell people through the media to get into PM in order to keep some amount of spending power in the future. Currently watching News at 11:50pm and they are even mentioning Gamestop , ooo wait Silver the new pump. If silver really goes to astronomic levels wouldnt that crash the markets as we know it? Why would the news spread this news? Many questions Ive been asking myself.

Reaction Score
I'm assuming they learned from Lehman Brothers misdoings in the 08' crisis being naked short so yes, I would be very surprised if JPM doesn't have a ton of silver in vaults in NYC, etc.
So then you agree their position is closer to flat than long or short? If so what is the purpose? BTW - any actual evidence you have of any of this would be appreciated. Thanks.

Reaction Score
So then you agree their position is closer to flat than long or short? If so what is the purpose? BTW - any actual evidence you have of any of this would be appreciated. Thanks.
I think they have this flat position just in case they do get squeezed, then they can dump physical onto the market at a higher multiple then they bought in. Besides reading many hundreds of articles and watching many many many hundreds of hours of youtube videos, no, i don't have any first hand insider knowledge, however all the industry experts know or mention of this. I think ultimate goal is again for JPM to profit and to dump onto broader market if silver price gets too out of hand. Also their was one rumor that i heard only once (Normally you hear the same story many times) that JPM was purchasing silver and keeping it as custodian in the US for China. Interesting theory, again I do not have any first hand knowledge here.

Reaction Score
Besides bets2 and daily discuss there was another message board folks moved too. Can anyone share that site please.

Reaction Score
$GME is getting hammered pre-market. I wonder if this is the end of that...
will it go back up later this week when the hedge funds execute their shorts (buying millions of dollars worth of the stock)?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I sold some dumb stuff like Naked. Back to investing based on fundamentals for me. Latest adds are NOC and LMT. Virgin Galactic is way up on hopes that ARK creates a space ETF, but it's fundamentals are terrible. Both NOC and LMT are better positioned if space becomes a real growth area, and both are solid dividend paying stocks.

Reaction Score
will it go back up later this week when the hedge funds execute their shorts (buying millions of dollars worth of the stock)?
As I said yesterday, this thing is just going to keep crashing down. I wouldn’t touch this with a 10 foot pole. Pick another stock to buy, almost anything you pick will be a better short term trade than GME. Don’t be stupid...

Reaction Score
Got out with a small profit right before RH opened up restrictions and it shoots up 30%. Cool lol
The whole robinhood restrictions thing is super weird & manipulative. I assume RH re-opened GME at 10:45 where it reversed from multi-day low.
If you ONLY allow shareholders to sell ya think the stock might drop? What's to stop every gambler from buying during restriction then selling once lifted?! They are creating scarcity, demand & inbalance.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
How do we feel about $TOPS still? Good time to buy more on the dip today?

Reaction Score
I have paper hands (always have), got out of 1/2 my AMC trade yesterday, closed it out today. Had a nice return but not nearly as much had the manipulation not occurred last Thursday. I believe we were on the cusp of the gamma squeeze.

Wall Street beat the little guy. I’ve been in the market for decades and will continue to do my thing. My concern is, what happened last week, will drive away millions of new investors who were getting excited and knowledgeable about the market.

My hope was they would all make some money and then reinvest it, more wisely, on long term investments. Hope that is still the case.

Reaction Score
I read an article that said the Chinese are buying silver like crazy. If that is true then thats 3 billion people that may gobble up a lot of supply.
Purely speculative, mainland China's population may not have recently doubled nor lapped India's population. Aside from such realities, mainland silver purchases are overwhelmingly for industrial or institutional investment purposes. Maybe the YT videos didn't provide such factual insights, but relatively little silver is worn by the mainland's ~1.5 population nor by ethnic Chinese in other nations nor HK.

Quasi-related east Asia factoid: Other than 14k gold worn by westerners, 14k gold is pretty much non-existent nor worn by people of Chinese background/ethnicity. In east Asia, 18K or 24K is the jewelry gold standard.

Reaction Score
I have paper hands (always have), got out of 1/2 my AMC trade yesterday, closed it out today. Had a nice return but not nearly as much had the manipulation not occurred last Thursday. I believe we were on the cusp of the gamma squeeze.

Wall Street beat the little guy. I’ve been in the market for decades and will continue to do my thing. My concern is, what happened last week, will drive away millions of new investors who were getting excited and knowledgeable about the market.

My hope was they would all make some money and then reinvest it, more wisely, on long term investments. Hope that is still the case.
Nice, if you know you have paper hands or philosophy & exit with discipline that's good - its the downside where your pre-disposition is detrimental. Contrastingly I know myself & can't take positions in fads b/c I know that i have diamond hands & would get stuck possibly forever = have to invest accordingly in less volatile, more value based.

Newcomers in the market likely have only short-term perspective & the attraction of a miracle quick buck, but the happy upside is they'll get an education and develop an interest. So for some percentage even losses will only motivate to learn more so either next time they are in early. Or better still they are in for the long-haul. Just the fact that this story broke thru such that everyone was talking about it is good for stimulating investment interest.

Reaction Score

I got out today on all my AMC as well. Lost a little money on it since I was hoping it pulled out of the tailspin and it didn't look like it will. It was fun following for a few days. Back to the normal grind.

Reaction Score
I sold some dumb stuff like Naked. Back to investing based on fundamentals for me. Latest adds are NOC and LMT. Virgin Galactic is way up on hopes that ARK creates a space ETF, but it's fundamentals are terrible. Both NOC and LMT are better positioned if space becomes a real growth area, and both are solid dividend paying stocks.
ARKX's filing is in process, but SPCE is up on it's own value speculation with ARK lover's speculation providing an assist. (I have ARKK). Managers of other ETFs with objectives similar to ARKK and with actual track records surely appreciate the ARKX speculation.

For us primarily LT investors, NOC and LMT seem likeable at current prices and mgmt fee.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
ARKX's filing is in process, but SPCE is up on it's own value speculation with ARK lover's speculation providing an assist. (I have ARKK). Managers of other ETFs with objectives similar to ARKK and with actual track records surely appreciate the ARKX speculation.

For us primarily LT investors, NOC and LMT seem likeable at current prices and mgmt fee.

Yes, that was my thinking. 1. valuation is pretty attractive 2. pretty good hedge against market decline (massive long term federal contracts add stability) and 3. maybe some upside if they get a bigger piece of disruptive technology.

Reaction Score

Were they really knowledgeable though or aware of the market? Knowledgeable to mean conveys knowing about fundamentals, earnings, realistic expected longterm returns etc, not banding together to defeat shorts. My hope is with a huge influx of younger retail investors this past year that a high enough % actually study all the facets involved in trading and stay involved for years to come. I feared a lot would get hurt badly with their herd mentality, that’s starting to price out. Even Portnoy who so many follow, has bailed already, just like he did on BTC below 12k. The people millions are taking advice from is scary.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom