OT - Stanley Cup Playoffs | The Boneyard

OT - Stanley Cup Playoffs

Reaction Score
Agree Rangers had a strange year of streaks and somehow managed a 100pt year. Not exactly flying in with momentum but they can skate and will need to use that in the playoffs, problem is it's time to get a bit tougher and they aren't all that. Need a huge post season from Nash, Stepan, JT Miller, Kreider and of course the King. Girardi, Zucchs and McDonagh have to help will them with experience...Habs 3-0 this year vs Rangers have their number not feeling great but always fun tot watch.

Henrik needs to stand in his head for a couple months, grab a cup and retire! LOL

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I was firmly an anti-hockey guy for most of my life. But once you get in, it's addictive. Pure chaos. I'm at the point now where I get excited just to watch people skate.

Looks like the Rangers have an early lead in Montreal.
I don't watch at all during the regular season - no real point because so many teams make it. I do watch a lot of playoff hockey and hope every game goes to OT because there's not much in sports more exciting than sudden death playoff hockey. Double and triple OTs are ridiculously fun with so much suddenly riding an a single goal.

Reaction Score
It is exciting at times, but also much more like Soccer where it's skill vs. athlectism.

I might watch 10 minutes if that given it overlaps with NBA playoffs mostly.

The ratings are always terrible, so in general no one cares whatsoever.

I was firmly an anti-hockey guy for most of my life. But once you get in, it's addictive. Pure chaos. I'm at the point now where I get excited just to watch people skate.

Looks like the Rangers have an early lead in Montreal.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I don't watch at all during the regular season - no real point because so many teams make it. I do watch a lot of playoff hockey and hope every game goes to OT because there's not much in sports more exciting than sudden death playoff hockey. Double and triple OTs are ridiculously fun with so much suddenly riding an a single goal.

Playoff OT hockey is incredible. I watch a few games during the season, but mostly because nothing else is on.

Watching the Bruins vs Ottawa right now. Remembering a business trip to Ottawa. What a dismal place. We think Hartford is bad. Ottawa is dreadful and it's the capital of a country.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Playoff hockey >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> any soccer. Sorry eurotrash wannabes. :)

Reaction Score
Bruins Rangers showdown on the horizon?

Bad enough around here for Giants/Pats, Yanks/Sox....long way to go though but would be fun.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Bruins Rangers showdown on the horizon?

Bad enough around here for Giants/Pats, Yanks/Sox....long way to go though but would be fun.

The king has to stand on his head. It's time Henry. You're 35. Last night a great start.

Reaction Score
UEFA and all WC related Soccer is 50x better than any hockey, and I don't really follow either very closely except the USMNT.

Playoff hockey >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> any soccer. Sorry eurotrash wannabes. :)

Reaction Score
Also, what's with the goofy playoff format? Pittsburgh (#2) vs. Columbus (#3) 1st round in East?

Just do what the NBA does.

Reaction Score
I don't understand you dummies, why can't you like both hockey and soccer? They're both great sports, they're both very different, and they're both very underrated in the U.S. The Stanley Cup Playoffs and the Champions League are both awesome.

I hope someday to watch my beloved Sabres back in the playoffs. Probably not this year. Or next year. But someday.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
It is exciting at times, but also much more like Soccer where it's skill vs. athlectism.
Would you explain what you mean with this comment? I'm not sure I understand. AND I'm not messing with you. Just curious

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
I don't understand you dummies, why can't you like both hockey and soccer? They're both great sports, they're both very different, and they're both very underrated in the U.S. The Stanley Cup Playoffs and the Champions League are both awesome.

I hope someday to watch my beloved Sabres back in the playoffs. Probably not this year. Or next year. But someday.

Because i can root for local teams in the NHL. UEFA / Premiership / etc, not so much. And MLS? Pffffffffft.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Yes, Canada, Minnesota and Sweden/Finland produce the best athletes in the world

Gotcha 'ya

So you root for the USMNT, and complain about the origin of the "best athletes?"

Newsflash - we're not the best in soccer. Not even close.

Reaction Score
Yes exactly, because it's not about athleticism, it's about skill.

The US soccer mentality and approach is flawed and the coaching is terrible, except where places are utilizing European coaches.

Soccer is much bigger than hockey and if the USMNT ever truly compete at the highest level in the WC that would draw 500x more interest than if the US hockey team competes in some international tourney.

So you root for the USMNT, and complain about the origin of the "best athletes?"

Newsflash - we're not the best in soccer. Not even close.

Reaction Score

The US soccer mentality and approach is flawed and the coaching is terrible, except where places are utilizing European coaches.

like Jürgen Klinsmann

Reaction Score
At the developmental stage

The US needs 25 Christian Pulisic types. Germany probably has 50+ and US has < 5

Supposedly building that master USA academy in KC could be a good start

Back to hockey, I may watch some later round games for a few minutes if no NBA or MLB conflicts

like Jürgen Klinsmann

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score

Soccer is much bigger than hockey and if the USMNT ever truly compete at the highest level in the WC that would draw 500x more interest than if the US hockey team competes in some international tourney.

...and if my aunt had you-know-whats, she'd be my uncle.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom