OT: Stanley Cup Finals | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Stanley Cup Finals

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score

I love this boomer argument about toughness, its so perfect, its a meaningless platitude that cannot be quantified so you will never admit you're wrong.

You're all so adorable.

zls44

Reaction Score

1. I'm a Rangers fan, pops

2. A google search? Case closed, baby!

zls44

Reaction Score

Congrats 2 Bobby Orr for playing in the NHL at a time when forward play was the worst it was in its history

zls44

Reaction Score

Plus-minus is a horrendous stat, as has been explained and acknowledged time and time again.

Your arguments are living in 1975. World's out here, pal.

zls44

Reaction Score

Yeah, except I said it because it isnt and because only Bruins fans do.

zls44

Reaction Score

Wayne Gretzky scored more points than anyone in the history of the sport without ever scoring a single goal.

Its an un-toppable stat. In all of sports!

zls44

Reaction Score
I would take a drunk Brian Leetch over Bobby Orr.

I agree with this, but only as a total Rangers homer.

Also, Leetch played against much better players. By a factor of a thousand. The Russian forwards, good lord.

Reaction Score

Also, Leetch played against much better players. By a factor of a thousand. The Russian forwards, good lord.
Friar probably thinks George Mikan and Dolph Schayes were the best big men to ever play basketball.

Reaction Score

Lol you know I like you @zls44 but you're off base on this one.

I think most even headed people, including myself, acknowledge Gretzky as the best.

However, Orr is without a shred of doubt a top 4 hockey player of all time and there's no amount of #hottaking you can do to change that.

Reaction Score
Plus-minus is a horrendous stat, as h

@FriarJ thank you for fighting the good fight, however you're not helping the cause. Please, lay down your sword.

@zls44 ignore plus/minus; Orr's stats at his prime are, objectively, off the charts.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Dooley Preface: there isn't a sports team who I hate more than the Boston Bruins. It's not close whatsoever. That is completely 1000% the fault of being an old Whalers fan back in the day. The Whale could never beat them and, worse yet, every home game had thousands of obnoxious Bruins fans in the old Civic Center. The worst sporting event I've ever attended to this day was Game 4 of the 1990 playoffs first round. I'm still irrationally mad about that loss.

But...this series is far from over. Game 5 went exactly how I thought it would - Bruins carrying the shot advantage, man advantages, and most of the play...and Binnington would have to "steal" the game. He did. He played great. Now it's Rask's turn to steal game 6 because I'd expect the game to be the opposite in shots. He's certainly capable of doing so. The Bruins were in this same spot in the first round this year against Toronto and came through with a big game. I know the Blues are much better, tougher, and far more gritty than the Leafs and the challenge is more difficult, but they do have experience winning an elimination game on the road. Also, they will likely use the "no call" from game 5 to isolate themselves in a perfect 'Us vs the World' mode while they're on the road.

As much as I hate to admit it. the Bruins are a good team and are very resilient. They're just being battle tested by the first team in this postseason that can actually stand up to them physically and win most 1:1 battles. If they can withstand the first period and get an early lead, they can settle in to playing a nice, gritty road game much like the gritty road game the Blues just played in game 5.

I think the Blues are a better road team than home team and I can see them being pressured into trying to entertain the home crowd instead of doing what they do best. Home teams often pass up good scoring chances to try to create a pretty scoring chance but not succeeding. The Bruins did it a few times in Game 5. The Blues did it a few times in Game 3. If that happens and the Bruins can get back to getting pucks on net and play a gritty road game, they might be able to take advantage of a tight Blues group.

All that said, I will be rooting HARD for St Louis to close this out on Sunday. I apologize to you Bruins fans who are completely redeemed by being good UConn fans. :)

I hate the Bruins so much I didn’t read past your first sentence. When the Whalers were home I hated the Canadians at the same level. In the post-Whaler era the Bruins.... lets go blues.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom