OT, sorta: UConn fires Kevin Ollie | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT, sorta: UConn fires Kevin Ollie

Reaction Score
Yup, don't know what you are talking about. A mumu.
You ever play the game? You ever coach? If not dont say anything to me because your opinion dont matter to me, LMAO!

Reaction Score
For cause. The men’s program is under investigation by the NCAA.

KO is a Husky for life, and I feel for him, but it was time for a change.

Would Kevin be fired if he was going into the NCAA's as one of the favorites? I doubt it. Saving 10 million dollars and kicking the coach to the curb is reprehensible.

Reaction Score
Would Kevin be fired if he was going into the NCAA's as one of the favorites? I doubt it. Saving 10 million dollars and kicking the coach to the curb is reprehensible.
KO has averaged 21 wins a season. Your question isnt relevant because he was never a favorite in 6 seasons at Uconn!

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Regardless of who the new coach is, unless he has the ability to compete in the auction barn for top players, is he likely to have any better success than KO? And, if not, is that a game that UConn should be playing a hand in?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
“For those people who think I would be a great replacement for Kevin, I’m flattered, but I probably agree with all those people who think that somebody should have their head examined if they name me.”

To Auriemma, Saturday’s news wasn’t about an opportunity. It was about a departure.

“It’s something [coaches] all know when you get in. [Being fired] is a possibility,” he said. “It doesn't even matter, sometimes, how successful you are. When circumstances conspire to create an environment that people think they want to change, this is what happens. It’s unfortunate. I’ve seen it happen to a lot of people I know, a lot of my friends. Obviously, I’ve known Kevin since he was 18 years old, since he came up here as a freshman. So it’s particularly hard for me to see that.”

Geno Auriemma On Notion He Should Coach UConn Men: 'I Don't Particularly Think That's A Great Idea'

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

It's business. Every last school in the country would do it. These coaches make bank, and schools are going to do whatever they can to recoup money.

A former Florida football coach got death threats. He ignored them (didn't report to administration). They eventually fired him for cause, and used that as the reason. He lost $7mil for not reporting death threats.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom