OT--songs by women who rock | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT--songs by women who rock

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
This is a a song with powerful vocals and heavy emotional content.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
The official video version of this song wouldn't post, so I had to go w/ a lyric version. Song starts slow but picks up right at about 1:30.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
You'd probably never guess that this is the daughter of Rob Schneider (of SNL fame)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Grace has been in this thread, but she does have her own music (and band)

Paris (Ooh La La) - Grace Potter and the Nocturnals.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
She has some of her own material too.

Golden Eyes - Dana Fuchs

Reaction Score
The Pleasure Seekers, back in the day this was rockin for girl bands. They feature the Quatro sisters Suzie on lead vocal and grind, Patti and Arlene as well as the Ball sisters. :)

They knew exactly what they were doing!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Grace has been in this thread, but she does have her own music (and band)

Paris (Ooh La La) - Grace Potter and the Nocturnals.

Grace would keep me up at night! ;)

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Poking around late last night, ran across a name I'd completely forgotten about--Doro Pesch. She fronted the band Warlock. When all the other original members of the band left she renamed it Doro. She's been rocking for a long time, still doing it I think. Sound quality isn't very good on this video but I think it was one of their biggest songs from their 80's heyday. I vaguely remember it from MTV Headbangers Ball era.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Italian band w/ female and male co-lead singers.

Reaction Score
I completely forgot about Steeleye Span and their lead singer, the incomparable Maddy Prior. Okay, it's old English folk songs done in rock style (or in this case, Gregorian chants) but the music...OMG..... They have been at it for something like 50 years and are still touring.

Steeleye Span @ Beverley Folk Festival 2016

They are doing something right because the stuff they do now is the very same stuff I heard 'way back when, and it still finds an audience.

Reaction Score
Want to thank the OP for coming up with this subject. I got to think about music I had not thought about for decades, and to listen to some I haven;t heard in a long while, and to be introduced to some other stuff that I actually liked (Garbage, Halestorm and Pretty Reckless, though I almost doubt that the latter group really was real).

Anyway, this subjec, for me at least, did exactly what they're all supposed to do, and I'm grateful.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I completely forgot about Steeleye Span and their lead singer, the incomparable Maddy Prior. Okay, it's old English folk songs done in rock style (or in this case, Gregorian chants) but the music...OMG..... They have been at it for something like 50 years and are still touring.

I love Steeleye and Maddy. I athink Gaudete may be the only top-40 single in England sung entirely in Latin. Here's one of their songs that rocks. Those interested might also check out All around my hat, Thomas the Rhymer, or The female drummer.

Reaction Score
I love Steeleye and Maddy. I athink Gaudete may be the only top-40 single in England sung entirely in Latin. Here's one of their songs that rocks. Those interested might also check out All around my hat, Thomas the Rhymer, or The female drummer.

All Around My Hat was another of my favorites, 'way back when.My college friends always thought I was a little strange for liking these guys when everyone else (me, too, actually) was into Jefferson Airplane. So it goes.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
All Around My Hat was another of my favorites, 'way back when.My college friends always thought I was a little strange for liking these guys when everyone else (me, too, actually) was into Jefferson Airplane. So it goes.
Yeah, I understand that, although by the time I was in college it was Kansas and Charlie Daniels. UNTIL -- I introduced them to Montrose, a 16-minute ballad about the hero who met his demise in the Scottish civil war. Everyone loved it. It was my daughter's favorite song when she was 8 or 9. Here on youtube with approximately correct lyrics:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom