OT: Song Thread - Guitars | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Song Thread - Guitars

Reaction Score
The Tucker boys again with Toy's guitar lead in and screamin' beautifully throughout - this particular live version with Charlie Daniels on fiddle is the best IMO:

Reaction Score
Andy Gibb quit school at the age of 13, and with an acoustic guitar given to him by his older brother Barry, he began playing at tourist clubs around Ibiza, Spain.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Just went to see these guys for the first time at the Jazz Standard last week. Listen to how they (Dan Wilson and Joey) improvise over these chord changes. Magnificent. Also listen to how the drummer swings yet plays the melody always, and his pacing and sense of space is incredible. Magic.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Les Paul's birthday is tomorrow (6/9), so why not a thread about guitars??? So songs by Iconic guitar players, iconic guitar solos, iconic guitar rifs. Should give you plenty of stuff to work with.

Famous rif on a Les Paul (with a duck walk solo)
Johnny Be Good - Chuck Berry

Half of theae songs are neither about guitars or even refer to guitars in the song. May as well have made the thread about favorite guitarists.
I liked your post as I expected and hoped for the same. Do go back and see he included what we are seeing. :(

Basically anything guitar. Having said that I will not admonish meyers7, but as a fan of both Les Paul and Chuck Berry, Chuck never played a Les Paul. He played a 335 and others of the 330 line which were hollow bodies. All Les Paul models are solid body guitars.
Gibson Les Paul - Wikipedia

While this thread is not true to it's title and will probably get over 1,300 contributions........wait that reminds me of a song. ....:D
The Lovin' Spoonful- ♪♫❤♪♫* "Nashville Cats" ♪♫❤♪♫*

JordyG

Reaction Score
My current fave. Phrasing, distinctive tone, imagination, intellect, maturity. Peter Bernstein. With a current popular fave who seems to me just a bit mechanical, without a distinctive tone, and who doesn't seem to organize his solos compositionally. He does have imagination though. Kurt Rosenwinkle. Yet, people like him so he has something. I just don't hear it. Also here with the incredible Eric Harland on drums who just seems to understand the idea of melody and counterpoint and space as well as any drummer.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Finally my all time favorite. He learned to to play without a pick and only with his thumb because he lived in an apartment with his wife, and they would all complain about the noise. One of the most imaginative and creative who has ever played, and his phrasing was always impeccable. He also perfected the art of playing octaves.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Larry Carlton takes one of the absolute sweetest-sounding solos at about the 2:00 mark of this tune:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Oops, took a while to get a song from Jimi. Here's another Jimmy, can't believe nobody posted anything by this band yet! Could use pretty much any of their songs, this is the one I grabbed.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Slash is pretty famous. One of their slower songs, but one of their best known and has a fairly blistering solo.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
This band was already mentioned but I really like the acoustic guitar in this song.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom