OT: Song Thread - Guitars | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT: Song Thread - Guitars

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
No Leslie West? Really? I've played guitar most of my life and always felt the best solos were the ones that expressed pure emotion. I appreciate all the notes the players on this thread bring to the table. For my money, some of Clapton's best work ("While My Guitar Gently Weeps"; "Crossroads") and David Gilmour's solo on "Comfortably Numb" are hard to be beat in terms of pure emotion and tone as well technicality. I would include this solo from Leslie West, dedicated to his deceased friend Felix (most of you know who I'm talking about. It's not the most difficult solo on this thread by any stretch but I'll put it up there with any of the others for it's beauty.

Mr West and Mr Pappalardi and their band Mountain sure lit up Woodstock.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score

Beautiful song, unique tuning, great performance all around. David Crosby's best writing.

Reaction Score
There are some fairly talented guitarists here (and some less talented, frankly), but I don’t know how this man can be left off any list of guitarists (or musicians)...

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I don't think I've seen any Richard Thompson, but seeing Sandy Denny in the too young to die thread reminded me. Richard Thompson wrote this song and Sandy Denny sang it when they were both with Fairport Convention. It's not really a guitar showcase, but it's an awesome song:

Reaction Score
Segovia? How dare you. How dare you mention any classical guitarist, let alone a Spaniard.
I checked the ultimate musical authority, Rolling Stone. Sure enough, their list of 100 greatest guitarists includes neither.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Gotta add this one, because I literally just got back from seeing them in concert. Jerry Miller, guitarist w/ Eilen Jewell's band. They bring some bluesy and jazzy influences to country. He had some blistering solos tonight. Not to be confused w/ the other Jerry Miller (from Moby Grape, but I'm not familiar w/ them). Although Eilen said she's never seen the 2 Jerry's at the same time, so she's not quite convinced.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Pedal steel and acoustic guitars in this Poco classic are awesome...

Reaction Score
And then there is Al Petteway who is a well known finger style guitarist from the Mid Atlantic region.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom