OT: Something Positive for Music Lovers | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Something Positive for Music Lovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Meant to update this.

Playing with 3 different bands in the area next couple weeks.

Tonight . Band that's been mentioned in this thread a bunch is at La Boca in Middletown. Free show. @8893 @Dove

Next Friday,3/30- another band I'm in that does all grateful dead is at hungry tiger in Manchester @tdrink

Friday 4/6 - that same dead band is at Arch Street in Hartford
@Deepster

Saturday 4/7 - the band that is "not dirty hippies" I'm in that @whaler11 promises he will come to is at The Austrian Donau Club in new Britain . Which is a cool place because it is a private club that let's in public for one show a week and you get huge beers for dirt cheap. That's an early starter to like 830 ish. This band plays a ton of Allman brothers, the Band, some Steely Dan and Joe Cocker and other assorted stuff from early 70s.. if you are Uconn students from the 90's you'd recognize that half the band is made up of "neybas"

Already met a couple new yarders because of this thread. Always enjoy that.

Let's toast to Hurley.
No go for tonight; I actually just got back from a terrific dinner with my youngest daughter in your town (Rustica; big fan). Can't do Good Friday either, as it's my oldest daughter's birthday (and we may well be back at Rustica for that).

4/6 possible, but 4/7 is looking really good, potentially with a few other friends who are big Neybas people too. Which of them are in that band?

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
No go for tonight; I actually just got back from a terrific dinner with my youngest daughter in your town (Rustica; big fan). Can't do Good Friday either, as it's my oldest daughter's birthday (and we may well be back at Rustica for that).

4/6 possible, but 4/7 is looking really good, potentially with a few other friends who are big Neybas people too. Which of them are in that band?

Russ the guitar player and Emmet the drummer.

Me and Russ are smoking the dual dickey/duane stuff

/Ego

Curiouser
Reaction Score

/Ego
Russ is great. Very good songwriter, too. Is he still working a day job with The Hartford?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I'm still waiting for the ABBA covers before I make a 7 hour drive to CT.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score

Rustica is very good.
Your daughter and my wife share a bday.

I think you would enjoy 4/7. I'm very much enjoying that band. It's a lot of work right now getting that repertoire down but I'm having fun getting out of the Jerry/Bobby box and being a rock guitar player. So is Russ I think. We are both used to fronting bands and all that entails ( it's not always the best job, sometimes you just want to show up and play and not have to deal with all the ancillary crap that comes with it) and singing the Lions share of material. But we have a kick-ass lead singer in this band and Russ and I each only sing a couple , so we just get to play. And it's great. Somewhere along the way Russ became an absolutely monster slide player. I mean totally crushing it. Jaw dropping good, and that was something you didn't see much of in neybas.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Rustica is very good.
Your daughter and my wife share a bday.

I think you would enjoy 4/7. I'm very much enjoying that band. It's a lot of work right now getting that repertoire down but I'm having fun getting out of the Jerry/Bobby box and being a rock guitar player. So is Russ I think. We are both used to fronting bands and all that entails ( it's not always the best job, sometimes you just want to show up and play and not have to deal with all the ancillary crap that comes with it) and singing the Lions share of material. But we have a kick-ass lead singer in this band and Russ and I each only sing a couple , so we just get to play. And it's great. Somewhere along the way Russ became an absolutely monster slide player. I mean totally crushing it. Jaw dropping good, and that was something you didn't see much of in neybas.
Is 4/7 all ages? Not a deal breaker if not, but want to know the options. Thanks.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Is 4/7 all ages? Not a deal breaker if not, but want to know the options. Thanks.
I'll check. Private place could go either way. Don't know.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Saturday 4/7 - the band that is "not dirty hippies" I'm in that @whaler11 promises he will come to is at The Austrian Donau Club in new Britain . Which is a cool place because it is a private club that let's in public for one show a week and you get huge beers for dirt cheap. That's an early starter to like 830 ish. This band plays a ton of Allman brothers, the Band, some Steely Dan and Joe Cocker and other assorted stuff from early 70s.. if you are Uconn students from the 90's you'd recognize that half the band is made up of "neybas"
@August_West , need the deets on this gig please. Looking good for me and a couple others. Also, did you find out if it's all ages or not? Thanks.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
@August_West , need the deets on this gig please. Looking good for me and a couple others. Also, did you find out if it's all ages or not? Thanks.

awesome!

yeah found out this weekend.

21 and up. Sorry .

8:30 PM Start give or take a few minutes

Austrian Donau Club
545 Arch St, New Britain

Lotsa Parking. Place has its own fenced in lot.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
awesome!

yeah found out this weekend.

21 and up. Sorry .

8:30 PM Start give or take a few minutes

Austrian Donau Club
545 Arch St, New Britain

Lotsa Parking. Place has its own fenced in lot.
No worries. Thanks. That makes it easier, although my daughter will be bummed.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
No worries. Thanks. That makes it easier, although my daughter will be bummed.

we will have some all ages places up by the summer. Private club couldve gone either way, I understand why they want it 21 and up though.

Im going to try and see if our buddy A.C. is around next weekend.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
we will have some all ages places up by the summer. Private club couldve gone either way, I understand why they want it 21 and up though.

Im going to try and see if our buddy A.C. is around next weekend.

Slater or Cowlings?

I can’t go the 14th. Spring game at noon followed by 6 a.m. flight Sunday. I’m too old to drive straight to the airport.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Slater or Cowlings?

I can’t go the 14th. Spring game at noon followed by 6 a.m. flight Sunday. I’m too old to drive straight to the airport.
The gig is on the 7th not the 14th.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The gig is on the 7th not the 14th.

Sorry I assumed because you were talking about it, it was a dirty hippie show.

The 7th may work. I assume travel soccer cancellations for the weekend are in the works.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Sorry I assumed because you were talking about it, it was a dirty hippie show.

The 7th may work. I assume travel soccer cancellations for the weekend are in the works.
No, this is his hair metal band. I like lots of different types of music but that’s really my favorite.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
No, this is his hair metal band. I like lots of different types of music but that’s really my favorite.

You lie.

You don’t even have a favorite Poison Lake Compounce show.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You’re right. Too hard for me to pick a favorite because they were all so great.

Mine is the one where my tenth grade classmate is rumored to have slept with the drummer. 1989. It was a tough ticket - you had to ask for them at Mobil.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Mine is the one where my tenth grade classmate is rumored to have slept with the drummer. 1989. It was a tough ticket - you had to ask for them at Mobil.
Still jealous?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

/Ego
AW - ever hear of a group called Capricorn?
Allman Brothers tribute band - saw them last Friday at the Infinity in Hartford
3 guys over the age of 50 and 3 guys under age of 30 - organist is the father of the lead guitar - organist sounds remarkably like Gregg , his son is an unbelievable guitarist (Dickey) and they have a slide guitar player who is fantastic
Great band

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44