OT: Something Positive for Music Lovers | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Something Positive for Music Lovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Next phenomenon: Boneyarders anonymously showing up at LoJ gigs and whipping ketchup packets at August.
His band hires a security guy named LaTroy. He's a 2 foot, 9" black midget who deftly hatchet kicks people in the nuts. You never see him coming. I would advise against the ketchup packets.

Reaction Score
Last warning - if one more person says something good about August, I’m locking the thread and probably banning everyone.
August would be a great blues man, if only he had confidence in his abilities.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
New Englanders kill me.

We are supposed to be hardy but every time the weather sneezes everyonebecomes the biggest deepster imaginable. Scared of rain, scared of wind, scared of roads. I cant tell you how much trepidation Ive seen on social media about going out tonight.

Anyway, last I checked Arch Street has a very solid roof over it so I promise you that the wind wont muss your hair and you wont get wet.

Death of the Hardy New Englander

Reaction Score
New Englanders kill me.

We are supposed to be hardy but every time the weather sneezes everyonebecomes the biggest deepster imaginable. Scared of rain, scared of wind, scared of roads. I cant tell you how much trepidation Ive seen on social media about going out tonight.

Anyway, last I checked Arch Street has a very solid roof over it so I promise you that the wind wont muss your hair and you wont get wet.

Death of the Hardy New Englander

Don't lump me in there, Hippy. I am a long time Wrangler guy. I fear no weather condition.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Don't lump me in there, Hippy. I am a long time Wrangler guy. I fear no weather condition.

I just thought you might fear weather like you fear Hartford. my bad.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Greenfield Mass in May. ( Memorial day weekend)

Sturbridge in June.

But since we are now plugging in here :) next Friday 3/9 in Bridgeport ( black rock) for the casual Ffd county fans

I'll try to make that Sturbridge show. Would be great to check you guys out.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I'm going to see the less dirty hippie band now that you are with them too. My psychedelic game isn't strong enough for a night of Fake Jerry.

@JMick chance to run into Yams Friday...

Which band is that?

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Next phenomenon: Boneyarders anonymously showing up at LoJ gigs and whipping ketchup packets at August.

I'm stocking up on them now...but I'm stealing them at Arby's for that special personal touch.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Hey @whaler11 .

Guess who just emailed back a signed contract back Old Home Days?

Look out brother.last year was just a warm-up.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
BRYAC has the finest raw bar and green room of any venue in SW CT, and the house B3 isn't bad either!

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
BRYAC has the finest raw bar and green room of any venue in SW CT, and the house B3 isn't bad either!

The green room is bigger than the venue

1/2 dozen oysters 1/2 dozen little necks is my pre show ritual there . In 10 hours I’ll be slurping!

Last edited:

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
29027763_2034603670087990_5581911674530562048_n.jpg

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Gr8 show last night, nice set list, but missing a prospective "He's Gone" :p

loved the reggae but missing Stop That Train (P tosh). Dedicated to Dave Benedict for derailing KO and hope he is running for (all) the roses with our next leader. Kevin will always bleed blue, its eaiser to leave than be left behind . . .

Last edited:

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Meant to update this.

Playing with 3 different bands in the area next couple weeks.

Tonight . Band that's been mentioned in this thread a bunch is at La Boca in Middletown. Free show. @8893 @Dove

Next Friday,3/30- another band I'm in that does all grateful dead is at hungry tiger in Manchester @tdrink

Friday 4/6 - that same dead band is at Arch Street in Hartford
@Deepster

Saturday 4/7 - the band that is "not dirty hippies" I'm in that @whaler11 promises he will come to is at The Austrian Donau Club in new Britain . Which is a cool place because it is a private club that let's in public for one show a week and you get huge beers for dirt cheap. That's an early starter to like 830 ish. This band plays a ton of Allman brothers, the Band, some Steely Dan and Joe Cocker and other assorted stuff from early 70s.. if you are Uconn students from the 90's you'd recognize that half the band is made up of "neybas"

Already met a couple new yarders because of this thread. Always enjoy that.

Let's toast to Hurley.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
What time tonight, August? Middletown is close to whaler so he has no excuse for not showing!

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Arghhh. Can't do tonight. Would have loved to bring Mrs. Dove, too. Just a bad Saturday this time.

To Danny!!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Meant to update this.

Playing with 3 different bands in the area next couple weeks.

Tonight . Band that's been mentioned in this thread a bunch is at La Boca in Middletown. Free show. @8893 @Dove

Next Friday,3/30- another band I'm in that does all grateful dead is at hungry tiger in Manchester @tdrink

Friday 4/6 - that same dead band is at Arch Street in Hartford
@Deepster

Saturday 4/7 - the band that is "not dirty hippies" I'm in that @whaler11 promises he will come to is at The Austrian Donau Club in new Britain . Which is a cool place because it is a private club that let's in public for one show a week and you get huge beers for dirt cheap. That's an early starter to like 830 ish. This band plays a ton of Allman brothers, the Band, some Steely Dan and Joe Cocker and other assorted stuff from early 70s.. if you are Uconn students from the 90's you'd recognize that half the band is made up of "neybas"

Already met a couple new yarders because of this thread. Always enjoy that.

Let's toast to Hurley.

What time the 7th is the start?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member