OT Showtime Lakers vs this years Warriors, is Magic right? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT Showtime Lakers vs this years Warriors, is Magic right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

Cavs defense is not good and wasn't good, consistently missed assignments, leaving shooters wide open, not even guarded. Warriors were bad in the series, Curry especially, Thompson was below average...

Also, Love, Irving, Frye, And JR are all below average to bad defenders, 4 of their top 8 players....

Let's all be honest here, King James showed why he is one of the three greatest players of all time, he truly carried a bad basketball team to a championship. Really just unreal what we all just saw. I'm still in awe and truly shocked by what just happen.

The Bulls and Lakers teams would smoke this Warrior team.

I agree the Lakers, Celtics and Bulls were much better. I do think you need to give the Cavs defense some credit - when they got more physical all if a sudden the Warriors did not fall.

Reaction Score
I agree the Lakers, Celtics and Bulls were much better. I do think you need to give the Cavs defense some credit - when they got more physical all if a sudden the Warriors did not fall.

Some credit but this team was easier to guard than the ones people are talking about. They could have never handled a front line of Bird, McHale and Chief (lol) with Walton coming off the bench. Having said that they would have had a tough time guarding Lebron too but that's it. Same with Worthy, Jabaar, Thompson that year. I mean they were big and talented, and long too.

Reaction Score
According to what if sports the GSW smoke the 86 Celtics, the Celtics didnt shoot 3's too often.

Could care less about 3's scoe the Warriors wouldn't be able to stop them, they'd just walk it down the court and shove it down their throat with little defense of it. Let what if sports know if they shoot it like they did in this series they'd lose by 30 a game vs the '86 C's.

Reaction Score
According to what if sports the GSW smoke the 86 Celtics, the Celtics didnt shoot 3's too often.

Whatifsports makes no adjustments for style and era. I think the Celtics would adapt well to the current rules. Bird led the league in 3s made and attempted in '86 and was one of the first to regularly attempt the shot when guarded. Ainge led the league in 3's made shortly thereafter and was among the league leaders in 3's attempted throughout the late 80's. You can probably correlate their success out over the higher number of attempts that would be needed today.

Additionally, we've seen that teams with length have been able to bother the Warriors defensively. I think that the '86 team would give them fits, and absolutely murder them on the boards.

Reaction Score
Whatifsports makes no adjustments for style and era. I think the Celtics would adapt well to the current rules. Bird led the league in 3s made and attempted in '86 and was one of the first to regularly attempt the shot when guarded. Ainge led the league in 3's made shortly thereafter and was among the league leaders in 3's attempted throughout the late 80's. You can probably correlate their success out over the higher number of attempts that would be needed today.

Additionally, we've seen that teams with length have been able to bother the Warriors defensively. I think that the '86 team would give them fits, and absolutely murder them on the boards.
Well thought out Ex and I agree. The length issue would be huge and Bogut wouldn't help all that much.

Reaction Score

I think this would be a better series because the Celtics would have to make some hard choices: McHale-Bird would be pulled into pick-n-rolls on the perimeter like crazy. They'd do the same with Parish. Now McHale had length, but not speed, and Bird--though a craft defender--didn't have the speed the guard someone like Thompson either.

I think I give the series to the 86 Celtics, but each team would have to make serious adjustments on D.

Reaction Score
Ill do a simulation on whatifsports.com best of 7 a 2-2-1-1-1 format Celtics get the home court due to a better record

Reaction Score
86 Celts not surprisingly just swept this years Cavs, the Cavs have no bench and they dont have very good shooters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom