OT: Sexiest Song | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Sexiest Song

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score

A couple of excellent Maroon 5 songs from the Songs About Jane Album - a great, great, CD from before they became so pop heavy. The first one has some great intimacy lyrics, the second talks about knowing and loving someone so deeply.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
This singer has a fairly unique voice, pretty sexy to me. The band was kind of a big deal around the time I started college, but you don't really hear them mentioned anymore.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The opening of "Rhapsodie Espagnole" is more lush and sensual.
That piece brings me back. It was the closer of the first classical concert I ever attended (BSO @ Tanglewood in 2001). And I don't believe I've seen it programmed anywhere since.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
That piece brings me back. It was the closer of the first classical concert I ever attended (BSO @ Tanglewood in 2001). And I don't believe I've seen it programmed anywhere since.
People still seem to want to hear the old warhorses: Rachmaninoff's 3rd piano concerto, Beethoven's 3rd or 5th piano concerto or his 3rd symphony, Brahms' 2nd concerto's or his 3rd symphony etc. When it comes to that lush impressionistic stuff though people would rather hear that bombastic Berlioz Symphonie Fantastique. I'd personally rather hear Debussy's La Mer or the Ravel.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
If we're opening it up to orchestral works, I'll offer Hilary Hahn's (later) rendition of Prokofiev's first violin concerto:

And Akiko Suwanai's Sibelius:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom