OT: Sergio vs Tiger | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Sergio vs Tiger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It is golf, looking at the representation of the sport it is not suprising that there are alot of ignorant folks in the ranks. Didn't Tiger's ex-caddy say he wanted to shove something up Tiger's "black ass"?
Yes Stevie Williams is his name and he's a huge jack@ss. Don't see how golf can ever shed it's lily white reputation, there are still private clubs that won't allow black members.

Reaction Score
^ wahhhhhhhhh?!?!? I must say tiger did no help to the black community by distancing himself, on multiple occasions. Quite ironic

Reaction Score
I agree that Sergio (who I am not a fan of) didn't do himself any good with that idiotic remark but I don't know where you say Tiger keeps his mouth shut on the course..

Only referring to shutting Sergio's ass up (one on one) on the course final round.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
What the hell is going on in golf ? European Tour CEO George O'Grady made the comments in an interview with Sky Sports defending Sergio, claiming he 'has a lot of coloured friends'

If you consider Latinas people of color, which golfer runs a whites only country club for blondes?

Reaction Score
I agree that Sergio (who I am not a fan of) didn't do himself any good with that idiotic remark but I don't know where you say Tiger keeps his mouth shut on the course. His profanity, his sarcasm and anger at anyone who so much as sneezes or whispers while he's contemplating a shot is ridiculous. I can't feature golfers or bowlers who play such a sterile game needing complete silence or their ability to perform is destroyed whereas in baseball which requires one thousand times more concentration, you sometimes have 50,000 fans yelling, swearing and carrying on while a pitcher is ready to throw you a spherical ball at anywhere from 60 to 105 mph from a variety of different angles with more hops and spins and breaks on the ball than you could ever imagine. If someone was even rolling a golf ball toward Tiger that he was expected to hit he'd lose his mind. I'm not suggesting that Tiger and all professional golfers aren't skilled but to demand that kind of silence in order to perform is downright stupid. If you can't focus on your task of hitting a dormant ball which you can strike at the time of your choosing when someone might be gabbing, then maybe you need to find another line of work. Tiger is an arrogant jerk with an awful lot of talent and I have never had any desire to watch anything he does though sometimes I'm forced to due to the medias fixation on him.

Funny when people think Tiger is the only one who demands silence or reacts to noise while swinging......these people are 1) Tiger haters and 2) never watch golf. So many of the top players stop and look back at camera's being used and noise around them.........comparing baseball and golf is ridiculous.........although I love noise when I play to my handicap I'm not playing for 2M for the weekend!!

Tiger lives a different life than 99% of the people on earth and for those who choose to see it as arrogant I get it........for those who root for him because he is so damn good at his craft and knows how to win, I get it MORE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom