OT: Rose Done for Season | The Boneyard

OT: Rose Done for Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Another season down the drain for Rose. That's awful. Has there been a player this talented, with this much early success, so decimated by injuries? Bill Walton comes to mind...

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I'll never forget that game in MSG we lost to Memphis...damn you Rose.

Reaction Score
he looked just as fast and athletic as he did prior to the ACL, his numbers were down but he looked fine physically. But with this injury, the ACL, and the fact that he was already nicked up this season in addition to all of the accumulating injuries he had during the lockout year before blowing his knee out, I think there might be something to him having holistic issues and patterns that need to be correted in order for him to survive longterm in the league.

Reaction Score
His style of play is so aggressive, even more than a Westbrook . When healthy he was really some else to watch . Terrible for the game, makes the league even more desperate for mambas return. Bulls window officially slammed shut.

Reaction Score
I feel like sometimes, guys who have that level of athleticism that their explosion defies the limits of joints to deal with it.

Perfect example was Bo Jackson. It was illuminating during the 30 for 30 when the orthopedic doctor remarked that any other human being probably would have pulled a hammy by that tackle. But because his core/legs were so strong he literally produced enough torque to dislocate his own hip.

It was his greatness that destroyed him, literally.

Reaction Score
The difference with both of those players, though, was that they never achieved even a modicum of success on the NBA level, whereas Rose has won an MVP.

Oden was a productive NBA player when healthy. He averaged 11 points, 9 rebounds, and 2 blocks his second season in the league, and 17 and 13 per 36 minutes. I think he would have turned into an MVP caliber player were it not for the injuries. He could anchor a defense like only a few other guys in the league and he was barely 20-years-old.

As for your original post, I agree...just terribly sad. The good news is he's still only 25.

Reaction Score
Oden was a productive NBA player when healthy. He averaged 11 points, 9 rebounds, and 2 blocks his second season in the league, and 17 and 13 per 36 minutes. I think he would have turned into an MVP caliber player were it not for the injuries. He could anchor a defense like only a few other guys in the league and he was barely 20-years-old.

As for your original post, I agree...just terribly sad. The good news is he's still only 25.
Good point on Oden. But Rose is certainly of another class.

Reaction Score
Good point on Oden. But Rose is certainly of another class.

The tough part to swallow is with Rose, you never saw it coming. With Oden there were always warning signs. It seems unfathomable that we're about to witness our third straight postseason without D-Rose when three years ago we thought he'd play in ten straight conference finals.

Reaction Score
I feel really bad for Rose and hope he has a full recovery.

The difference with both of those players, though, was that they never achieved even a modicum of success on the NBA level, whereas Rose has won an MVP.

I just wanted to chime in and say that Rose didn't deserve it that year, LeBron did.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
It's too bad that he's going to miss another season - I'll avoid calling it a tragedy as some analysts have because, really, the man is making a bazillion dollars a year. He's going to spend the rest of the season resting his knee and playing X-Box while the Bulls' dance team pluck grapes into his mouth.

But I don't know that he was anything other than unlucky. He basically has the Jerome Dyson injury here - this is one of those 'full recovery' types of injuries.

This isn't Greg Oden who will be walking like Frankenstein in four or five years.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Bernard King?

Reaction Score
Bernard King?
He did pop into my mind. I checked into him: he came in 2nd and then 7th in MVP voting in the two years before the knee injury. Might be the best comparison...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom