OT - Ronda Rousey KO'd in the first | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT - Ronda Rousey KO'd in the first

Reaction Score
Exactly, people are taking this stuff all too literal as if they never heard of promoting before. Many people will believe almost anything these days and Dana and the fighters use that. Look at our election for the love of pete. Someone who believes this stuff is already not grounded in reality so why bother trying to set them all straight.
No one who watches regularly believes the promoter, it's just annoying to see it get actual play on shows like PTI, and worst have idiots argue with that she would take him down and he'd be done. It silly, but many people that don't watch much combat sports do believe it, and proceed to want to argue about it.

Reaction Score
Let them argue. Cant police everyones thoughts as ill informed as they may be. It is just too exhausting. I have watched MMA since its inception so I get it is annoying watching PTI comment on MMA and have people believe them. It seems people here are somehow more upset with the fighters and the sport than the people that believe all the fairy tales that are told to promote fights. Most of the time it is boxing fans that get upset. Why cant people just enjoy both for what they are?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
No one who watches regularly believes the promoter, it's just annoying to see it get actual play on shows like PTI, and worst have idiots argue with that she would take him down and he'd be done.

noey, if you're going to spend all your time worrying about all the idiots out there...you are in for a long and terribly frustrating life. Idiocracy. And shows like PTI live for this sh_t.

It silly, but many people that don't watch much combat sports do believe it, and proceed to want to argue about it.

And that right there is the whole point. Get people who aren't into it to watch. Maybe they'll tune in for a future fight. Promo 101.

Reaction Score
Let them argue. Cant police everyones thoughts as ill informed as they may be. It is just too exhausting. I have watched MMA since its inception so I get it is annoying watching PTI comment on MMA and have people believe them. It seems people here are somehow more upset with the fighters and the sport than the people that believe all the fairy tales that are told to promote fights. Most of the time it is boxing fans that get upset. Why cant people just enjoy both for what they are?
It's not a two way street. Think some boxing fans just get sick of MMA using boxing all the time to promote their own sport. The next time a boxer does this will probably be the first.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
It's not a two way street. Think some boxing fans just get sick of MMA using boxing all the time to promote their own sport. The next time a boxer does this will probably be the first.

But they don't need to. MMA is still on the come. They gotta do whatever it takes to get eyeballs.

Reaction Score
Im not referring to you because I do not know you but in my experience many boxing fans are threatened by MMA's popularity. Even with MMA's popularity, the top fighters do not make anywhere near Mayweather money hence the "promote by any means" method. Part Don King, part Vince McMahon, part PT Barnum. Im a fan of both sports. It is not an either or for me. Maybe boxing should use it to promote their sport. Boxing purist fans may think that is beneath them and I get that, but they need something. The sport is not marketed well at all. I miss the great fights of my youth. Aaron Pryor vs Alexis Arguello. Does not get much better than that.

Reaction Score
Dana White just doing his Don King there. He's not a , just an uber promoter. And Rogan is White's boy.

Rogan took the UFC to task on twitter and during last nights telecast for how they gave Rousey preferential treatment as the challanger. Post fight, White pretty much acknowledged Rousey's share of the purse was a parting gift for creating the women's division.

Mike Goldberg, Joe Silva, Chuck Liddell, Matt Hughes, Forrest Griffin...are all gone now under the new ownership group. Those were all Dana's boys too. Rogan has been dropping hints he may be out soon as well. Have to think there are a few more shoes to drop in 2017.

Reaction Score
New ownership in the UFC is just hyping the biggest names rather than the best fighters. Rhonda got caught up in part of that

The next one to hopefully get quieted is mcgreggor. At least Rhonda got hyped because of lack of competition in her division. McGregor is just ducking fights with legitimate contenders. He took 2 fights against an injured and unprepared diaz at 170 rather than fight Frankie Edgar or Khabib, who most agree would both beat him. Even with that he still only went 1-1 fighting diaz

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
She should have listened to her mom and parted ways with her coach. No way she should have gone in there and try to exchange with Nunes after what Nunes did to Tate.

She should have worked on shooting some for her legs and taking her off her feet with something other than Judo throws where she would have to walk through an onslaught of punches. 48 seconds. It was pathetic. I don't think she landed a single shot last night. She got paid 3 million and her opponent 100k, but just like that her days as a PPV super star are over.
Exactly. I am two things. 1) Why did she get in the ring again. She got beat last time, people cheered and forgot about it. 2) Coaching staff? Did they have a plan? Scouted at all? To be KO'ed in 40 seconds is madness. That is a return? I like Rhonda. Bad choice getting back in the ring. So, did she lose her last two fights in a total of one minute? People are not going to let this go. Stay away from late Night TV as a guest dear. Go hide somewhere for a year or two. Yes, fire your whole coaching staff.

Reaction Score
Rogan took the UFC to task on twitter and during last nights telecast for how they gave Rousey preferential treatment as the challanger. Post fight, White pretty much acknowledged Rousey's share of the purse was a parting gift for creating the women's division.

Mike Goldberg, Joe Silva, Chuck Liddell, Matt Hughes, Forrest Griffin...are all gone now under the new ownership group. Those were all Dana's boys too. Rogan has been dropping hints he may be out soon as well. Have to think there are a few more shoes to drop in 2017.
Goldberg is done. If last night wasn't his fight, it's coming up soon.
@intlzncster I don't worry about that stuff at all. It's more the you come to work and get greeted with the "you see Ronda Saturday night, she could take Mayweather " , when you're like no she can't it's the "why cause she's a woman"? When it's just because she cant.

Reaction Score
Actually, she hasn't made much money. The big money was going to be from a fight with Cyborg Santos. Rousey is the female version of Mike Tyson. After Buster Douglas knocked him out, no one was afraid of him anymore.
She got 3 MM for the Nunes fight and that is more than I made in all of 2016.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
How come the ref just called it before she hit the canvis? Nunes didn't even get the chance to smash her face in while she was on the ground like a real MMA match.

Reaction Score
At least people will stop saying she could beat up Floyd Mayweather now after get boxed up for the second time in a row haha

Reaction Score
Im not referring to you because I do not know you but in my experience many boxing fans are threatened by MMA's popularity. Even with MMA's popularity, the top fighters do not make anywhere near Mayweather money hence the "promote by any means" method. Part Don King, part Vince McMahon, part PT Barnum. Im a fan of both sports. It is not an either or for me. Maybe boxing should use it to promote their sport. Boxing purist fans may think that is beneath them and I get that, but they need something. The sport is not marketed well at all. I miss the great fights of my youth. Aaron Pryor vs Alexis Arguello. Does not get much better than that.
Fair enough, you get it. Boxing has a lot of problems but a great fight is still one of the best things in sports.

Reaction Score
I agree Superjohn. We are solid. Have a great new years and lets hope for a great year for Uconn! We all can agree on that. Best to u and your family.

Reaction Score
Yea thats it, it has nothing to do with all the idiots that said you were stupid to think Floyd could beat Ronda

Reaction Score
Ok let me chime in here. Rondas only chance of beating Floyd would be if she grabs and takes him to the ground. He would have absolutely no defense against her jj and he`d get caught in an armbar. Odds are though she would end up chasing him around the octogon and he`d simply throw a jab followed by a straight and its lights out.
I seen a few comments saying she needs to stick to her grappling but that wouldnt have helped her last night as Nunes is also a very good bjj practitioner so she would be able to handle Rousy on the ground. Take a look at rondas stance in the video. She has one arm low with her elbow flaired out and her other hand stiffly held against the side of her head and she looks extremely mechanical. Absolutely the worst ive ever seen in a professional fighter.
A couple years ago i seen a video of her doing some shadow boxing in front of a crowd before one of her fights and when i seen the punches she was throwing and how she was throwing them i thought she was just screwing around but when i realized she was serious i knew then if she ever got into a fight with someone she couldnt take down shed be in a world of .

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Heres a vid of some of her shadowboxing. What a hot mess:eek:. Smdh

That was hilarious. Not a boxing guy but damn, a complete moron could tell that is terrifying technique. It's almost appeared that her whole body was moving around her fist, which might as well have been stationary.

Reaction Score
I agree Superjohn. We are solid. Have a great new years and lets hope for a great year for Uconn! We all can agree on that. Best to u and your family.
Thanks, same to you and yours.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Rousey was a trailblazer in women's MMA.

As the saying goes, Trailblazers get slaughtered, settlers get wealthy.

She opened the door but couldn't adapt to an evolving and improving women's fight game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom