OT: Ronda Rousey has a comment for Floyd at the ESPYS | The Boneyard

OT: Ronda Rousey has a comment for Floyd at the ESPYS

Status
Not open for further replies.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
My issue with this is she loves to takes shots at Floyd purely as a publicity stunt....if she didn't say what she said no chance she ends up on the BW today. Other than the fact that she looked like a smoke show last night.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Really, someone makes a valid call-out of an abuser and the boneyard reaction is criticism of espn?!

No reason those two should be mutually exclusive. ESPN must be ripped a new one at every opportunity.

Reaction Score
No reason those two should be mutually exclusive. ESPN must be ripped a new one at every opportunity.
Believe me I understand its justified, easy etc.. but it does get tiresome when you can say; 'Alex Morgan looked hot' and the response is; 'espn blows man, does anyone even watch sporstcenter/espys/ballers'

Reaction Score
Really, someone makes a valid call-out of an abuser and the boneyard reaction is criticism of espn?!

Critiquing ESPN and people that watch the ESPY's does not imply an endorsement of Mayweather's behavior and history of abusing women. Good god please learn to make distinctions.

Reaction Score
I watched zero of the MLB All Star game and zero minutes of the ESPY's.
I had zero interest.
Does that make me a lousy "sports fan"??

Reaction Score
I had no idea who she was. I wonder if Floyd really didn't know either.

Reaction Score
Critiquing ESPN and people that watch the ESPY's does not imply an endorsement of Mayweather's behavior and history of abusing women. Good god please learn to make distinctions.

No one is saying that. Literally no one. The point is that it's virtually impossible to post anything here without the thread turning into people airing the same tired grievances and "critiques" that have nothing to do with the post.

Reaction Score
If UFC ever wants to be taken seriously as a sport they will stop taking pot shots at boxing to try and prop themselves up. This woman talks more about Mayweather than she does her own sport. I can't stand Mayweather but he served his time and let's be honest he makes more in 1 round than every UFC fighters combined career earnings. Also Rousey shouldn't be winning best female athlete over Serena, I get that it's all marketing but that's just ridiculous.

Reaction Score
Its old news and he has been called out plenty. Doesn't make it any less of a crime but Rousey used it for publicity. I wonder if she beats her husband.

Reaction Score
Glad ESPN feels the need to force the transgender issue on us.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
No, really?!!

Didnt seem like you knew about it in your initial response by choosing to ignore that angle and talk about the ESPY. No need for the obnoxious sarcasm.

Reaction Score
If UFC ever wants to be taken seriously as a sport they will stop taking pot shots at boxing to try and prop themselves up. This woman talks more about Mayweather than she does her own sport. I can't stand Mayweather but he served his time and let's be honest he makes more in 1 round than every UFC fighters combined career earnings. Also Rousey shouldn't be winning best female athlete over Serena, I get that it's all marketing but that's just ridiculous.
I'm gettin tired of ronda rousey. like shes the GOAT or something. everytime i turn my head theres an hbo sports segment on her or some 60 minutes crap. You beat up poor women fast in a sport thats irrelevent, womens fighting. go fight fallon fox the transgender fighter if you really about it.

its like that old burr bit, you think some dirt bag wife beater is at home chugging a beer watching the espys and hears rouseys joke about floyd, drops his beer and thinks, " Hey, maybe its time for me to change my ways!". No.

Last edited:

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
If UFC ever wants to be taken seriously as a sport they will stop taking pot shots at boxing to try and prop themselves up.
I don't care for UFC or boxing personally but the most tired argument I've heard is "If this UFC fighter fought this boxer in the octagon, the boxer would be on his back in 15 seconds."

Oh really? And what do you suppose would happen in a boxing ring?

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I'm gettin tired of ronda rousey. like shes the GOAT or something. everytime i turn my head theres an hbo sports segment on her or some 60 minutes crap. You beat up poor women fast in a sport thats irrelevent, womens fighting. go fight fallon fox the transgender fighter if you really about it.

its like that old burr bit, you think some dirt bag wife beater is at home chugging a beer watching the espys and hears rouseys joke about floyd, drops his beer and thinks, " Hey, maybe its time for me to change my ways!". No.

Isn't that like suggesting Mayweather fight a gorilla or take on 3 guys at a time to gain legitimacy? She is a woman and destroys every other woman on the planet. There is merit in that. Not sure why she needs to fight a dude.

Reaction Score
It takes a misogynist to beat a woman. Floyd will probably be more misogynist now.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
I purchased my first UFC last weekend...Holy Sheet what great event!
Way more action than boxing and some squirming in your chair.

I find that UFC is probably more popular than boxing at this time -

Reaction Score
I don't care for UFC or boxing personally but the most tired argument I've heard is "If this UFC fighter fought this boxer in the octagon, the boxer would be on his back in 15 seconds." Oh really? And what do you suppose would happen in a boxing ring?
The boxer would still be on his back in 15 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom