OT- Ronda Rousey gets destroyed | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT- Ronda Rousey gets destroyed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Anyone remember "Bad" Brad Hefton? He was the latest unstoppable force in kickboxing until some guy just kicked his kicked his ass into oblivion. Sounds like Ronda is the next Bad Brad.

Reaction Score
Yes Fishy. We all have been dutifully informed that you don't like MMA.

Ronda has been great for the sport. She'll continue to be great for the sport.

Yes, she knows she can't beat up MMA men her size.
Yes, it's all a tremendous hype machine.
No, that's no different than any other sport trying to chisel 50 more bucks out of your pocket. Or did you believe that MaywetherPac was actually going to be a "fight?" How many suckers pissed away money on that fiction?
Yes, this definitely hurt her marketability.
Yes, the rematch is going to set records.
Yes, her getting beat is actually good for the sport.
No, MMA is not going away.
Yes, the women's division is shallow, and Rhonda's lack of technical striking skills was exposed last night.
Yes, the women's division will get better - you better believe there are a bunch of 12 year old wanna-be Rhondas with cigarette smoking, trailer trash moms encouraging them to learn MMA.
Yes, I am that good in bed.
No, boxing is not going to disappear either.
Yes, Rhonda's coach is not good, and it was foolish of her to try to stand with Holm.
Yes, I was very entertained.
Yes, I'm looking forward to the rematch.
No, don't pay or watch if you think it's stupid.
Yes, find what you think is entertaining in life and enjoy it, and No, don't feel the need to crash other people's parties to tell them how boring their party is.
Uh, no she isn't beating men her size. Why is it people feel a need to make these idiotic statements. Rousey competes in her gender and weight class and until last night she was the best women's MMC fighter and maybe still is. Apparently that isn't enough for some people.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Nonsense. The rematch will double or triple tonight's ppv sales. You honestly think they will plummet after tonight? You seem like a nice fellow but clearly aren't familiar with marketing sporting events. They are both preparing to become very, very rich.
A head kick like that could end a career. The rematch will make a ton of $$ if it happens, especially at UFC 200 in July, but she was outclassed so badly on the feet and Holm was physically strong enough to withstand her grappling, that it is hard to see how this goes any other way no matter how many times they fight.

Reaction Score
Nonsense. The rematch will double or triple tonight's ppv sales. You honestly think they will plummet after tonight? You seem like a nice fellow but clearly aren't familiar with marketing sporting events. They are both preparing to become very, very rich.
Your right about the rematch making tons of money, but the outcome will be the same. Like Fishy said......ten out of ten times.

Reaction Score
Stop.

She didn't throw a fight.

She was beaten to a pulp and then knocked unconscious by a kick to her face. She's now in a hospital.

That was not a business decision.
LOL.......Business decision.......LOL

Reaction Score
You are right. The interest won't decrease. But her next fight will probably be incrementally larger than the last.

I think everyone on the Ronda-train will watch the next fight, even though she lost. And a few more. But, you say "Does any one doubt the rematch doubles or triples tonight's ppv sales." I will bet you a lot of money that the rematch doesn't double tonights PPV sales. PM me and lets make it happen.

Trying to gamble on women's fighting with internet people on basketball message board. This is what happens when you log onto the Yard after a night of heavy drinking at the pub.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
So an MMA fighter gets annihilated vs. a former champion boxer turned MMA fighter...

Will Joe Rogan shut up now?

Reactions: THC
Reaction Score
. . . it is hard to see how this goes any other way no matter how many times they fight.
Respectfully disagree.
Rhonda needs to fire her coach. Then, for the rematch, she needs to take the fight to the ground. RRR got intoxicated with the KO. It's much more sexy to punch an opponent into oblivion in the first 2 minutes than to get an armbar in the 3rd round.
This will be a wake up call for her. She'll start training to go back to her basis and strengths. For the rematch, she needs to forego the standup and go right for the grappling and take downs. Make Holm work - and work hard - to keep it on the feet.
Rousy's ascension was a case of too much too fast. Several fast finishes. Several foolish opponents. A couple of nice KOs. She came in overconfident in her stand up, and she paid for it.
She'll be back. Hopefully, less prideful, more respectful, and more humble. But she'll be back in any case. Her drive and the money are just not dismissible. I don't want to see an immediate rematch. Let them each fight somebody else first.
If they each get a win and then they rematch, I'd put it at 60/40 Holm/Rousey, but I sure wouldn't bet on it.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Ok. She didn't throw the fight. Does any one doubt the rematch doubles or triples tonight's ppv sales? Superjohn said interest in Rausey would drop after tonight. That's insane. The rematch will do ridiculous sales.
As someone who doesn't follow women's boxing, barely follows MMA and knew nothing of Holm prior to ESPN showing the weigh-in, seeing the height advantage and obvious boxer's physique Holm had, I felt if nothing else Holm had the reach to keep Rousey away from for a while. As someone who boxed as a kid, after seeing highlights of the fight, Rousey needs two to three years training as a boxer before she would stand a chance in a rematch (not even considering the superb kickboxing skills that Holm demonstrated as that head kick would have leveled most men that size).

Reaction Score
Respectfully disagree.
Rhonda needs to fire her coach. Then, for the rematch, she needs to take the fight to the ground. RRR got intoxicated with the KO. It's much more sexy to punch an opponent into oblivion in the first 2 minutes than to get an armbar in the 3rd round.
This will be a wake up call for her. She'll start training to go back to her basis and strengths. For the rematch, she needs to forego the standup and go right for the grappling and take downs. Make Holm work - and work hard - to keep it on the feet.
Rousy's ascension was a case of too much too fast. Several fast finishes. Several foolish opponents. A couple of nice KOs. She came in overconfident in her stand up, and she paid for it.
She'll be back. Hopefully, less prideful, more respectful, and more humble. But she'll be back in any case. Her drive and the money are just not dismissible. I don't want to see an immediate rematch. Let them each fight somebody else first.
If they each get a win and then they rematch, I'd put it at 60/40 Holm/Rousey, but I sure wouldn't bet on it.
Rousey took her down once and tried to work for an armbar. Holm shook her off and punched her 3 times in the face on the way up. Rousey rocked Holm once with a leaping hook, Holm got a body lock and took Rousey down with a pseudo suplex. Translation... I don't think Rousey is physically strong enough to force that type of fight. Plus Holm had far far superior footwork if you ever wanted to see what a superior boxer who invests serious time working on mma skills would look like that was sort of a sneak peak. Holm looked like a pure boxer counter striker and her defense ducking under Rousey's punches and moving her feet to set up Rousey were real pretty. Holm has become a well rounded MMA fighter but it was her pure boxing skill that made Rousey look so bad. Can't see how a rematch goes any different. I have doubts Rousey beats Cyborg off that performance.

Reaction Score
Uh, no she isn't beating men her size. Why is it people feel a need to make these idiotic statements. Rousey competes in her gender and weight class and until last night she was the best women's MMC fighter and maybe still is. Apparently that isn't enough for some people.
http://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...nda-rousey-wouldnt-last-long-in-womens-boxing This article contains a lot of the reasons there is so much hate for Rousey. She is absolutely blinded by the nonsensical hype and she is extremely disrespectful. Hopefully after being brutally exposed she is now humbled and will disappear for a while. Being the best female MMA fighter in her class clearly wasn't enough for her.

Reaction Score
Rousey took her down once and tried to work for an armbar. Holm shook her off and punched her 3 times in the face on the way up. Rousey rocked Holm once with a leaping hook, Holm got a body lock and took Rousey down with a pseudo suplex. Translation... I don't think Rousey is physically strong enough to force that type of fight. Plus Holm had far far superior footwork if you ever wanted to see what a superior boxer who invests serious time working on mma skills would look like that was sort of a sneak peak. Holm looked like a pure boxer counter striker and her defense ducking under Rousey's punches and moving her feet to set up Rousey were real pretty. Holm has become a well rounded MMA fighter but it was her pure boxing skill that made Rousey look so bad. Can't see how a rematch goes any different. I have doubts Rousey beats Cyborg off that performance.

Holly has that Cotto dance I saw a lot of his movement in her last night. MMA is like a " rock paper scissor " game, wrestler= rock, striker= scissor, grappler = paper.

Wrestlers man handle boxers with their brute strength by holding them down and pounding them. This plays to grapplers strength which they need that close proximity body to body in order to grab a arm or leg to break or whatever. As you know strikers want to keep their distance and is why grapplers get exposed against boxers.

Last night reminded me of the first fight between Cain and Dos Santos, Cain (wrestler) came in to the fight having knocked out like pretty much everyone he fought. Decides to strike with Dos Santos (striker) BOOM Cain gets Knocked Out. The rematch Cain decides to wrestle his bread and butter and destroys Dos Santos and the rematch after that it was the same thing.

Cain last fight was against Werdum (grappler) so Cain decides to strike and Werdum was destroying him on the feet so Cain does what wrestlers are not suppose to do with grapplers.
He takes him down and while doing that exposes his neck and gets put in guillotine and BAM fight is over.

If Rousey doesnt get an immediate rematch chances are Holly may lose the belt if she fights say Misha Tate (wrestler) or Cat Zingano ( wrestler, Muy Thai Boxer)

Reaction Score
Respectfully disagree.
Agree. Rowdy still may lose, but she fought incredibly foolishly. Charging face first. She can definitely do better with an actual game plan. Maybe even win. If there was a plan last night she didn't follow it.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Holly has that Cotto dance I saw a lot of his movement in her last night. MMA is like a " rock paper scissor " game, wrestler= rock, striker= scissor, grappler = paper.

I like this analogy.

Reaction Score
http://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...nda-rousey-wouldnt-last-long-in-womens-boxing This article contains a lot of the reasons there is so much hate for Rousey. She is absolutely blinded by the nonsensical hype and she is extremely disrespectful. Hopefully after being brutally exposed she is now humbled and will disappear for a while. Being the best female MMA fighter in her class clearly wasn't enough for her.

Ronda is extremely emotional and lets her emotions get the best of her. When Ronda was coaching The Ultimate Fighter you can see was not a bad person, she would bring the girls she was coaching food, when one of the girls she was coaching lost she would sit there and hold her and cry with her. Then you would see Meisha Tate play a prank on Ronda and Ronda would go SHE-HULK.. lol thats just how she is.

Ronda stated that used Mayweather as a platform to promote herself and Women MMA, and because of her people have taken notice. If you think Ronda is bad I would love to hear your input on Conor McGregor ugh

Reaction Score
It looked like the pressure got to Rhonda. Movie deals, Modelling, Fighting, whatever else she does. She has created an empire. She probably felt the weight of it all as she started to lose. She fought like a high school kid. If she wants to win she needs to step back. Forget all the extra cirricullar stuff and train....sorta like Rocky III

Reaction Score
It looked like the pressure got to Rhonda. Movie deals, Modelling, Fighting, whatever else she does. She has created an empire. She probably felt the weight of it all as she started to lose. She fought like a high school kid. If she wants to win she needs to step back. Forget all the extra cirricullar stuff and train....sorta like Rocky III
Disagree. She got beat by someone who was simply better and didnt allow her to do what she normally does. When RR got HH down and HH defended the armbar and managed to get up i thought she might be in trouble. Thats the question i always had about RR. What happens when someone takes away what she does best? The true greats find other ways to win while the good simply dont have the tools to overcome. If RR is a one trick pony she will lose in a rematch. Her striking has always been a ? so she needs to work on it but more importantly she needs to impose her will on HH and make her fight RR fight. If she doesnt the result will be the same.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Huh? The rematch will get 3 times the ppv sales tonight did. It did absolutely the opposite. Which is why I'm firmly convinced she threw the fight tonight so she could make millions on the rematch.

That might be the case if anyone actually cared. She is a creation of her own and the media's hype machine. The unbeaten mystique is gone now. It ain't ever coming back, and neither is the fan who was only interested in the bill of goods being sold by the machine.

Reaction Score
Styles make fights but give credit to Holm who looked stronger than in the past and moved well to keep it a stand-up fight. Rousey didn't look her best and the tactics were poor. Unlike many others I don't think a Holm rematch victory is even close to a foregone conclusion. But I'm actually hoping Rousey takes a break from the fight game and everyone in it.

Last edited:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Tyson v Douglas part 2.

Champion who never faced adversity in the ring, at the height of their media hype fighting half a world away.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Ronda Rousey (before Holm fight)= Mike Tyson (before Buster Douglas). "Baddest Women on the Planet"/"Baddest Man on the Planet". Both bought into the hype.

Remember this folks: There's always a badder man or women out there than you (and probably both......) and if you're lucky you'll never run into him or her. This statement applies to everyone. Well, except for William Shea.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Also, Rousey looked thick and Holm was ripped.

Reaction Score
For the record, I don't like Rousey very much. Not humble enough for me and quite disrespectful often times. Despite what happened last night, everyone should know or realize she is a straight up badass. Would demolish 99% of the worlds population in a street fight scenario. I doubt many people on this board would talk trash to her face and be able to back it up. Freedom of speech is of coarse one of our God given rights as Americans but disrespecting a person on an internet forum is something that bugs me for some reason. I believe she will easily win the rematch which will be a huge PPV draw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom