OT- Ronda Rousey gets destroyed | The Boneyard

OT- Ronda Rousey gets destroyed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I actually enjoy the women fighting much more entertaining then men.

Who told Ronda to go strike with a professional boxing champion with lethal kicks? Momma Rousey told ESPN that Ronda's coach was garbage a while ago

Reaction Score
I was waiting to see how she would fare once she went up against someone with good to great standup skills since Rousey's arsenal in that area was so poor. That result made my night, the media can chill out now.

Eskapeesto

The specter of ExtraPesto is haunting the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I don't follow the UFC closely but I have to think that's a substantial blow to her reputation and marketability. She was being touted as a once in a lifetime fighter who was going to retire undefeated. Now she finally fights someone who can match up with her and gets rocked. When she hit the mat without bracing her fall I thought the poor gal was dead.

Going from untouchable to a distant 2nd-best makes it seem like mostly media hype. UFC/FOX/ESPN must be bummed because no one else is gonna have the right look and personality that Rousey brought to the table. But I guess they can promote her "comeback" now..

Reaction Score
i was watching and was kind of confused why she didn't touch gloves with holm, like really?

Reaction Score
As I've pointed out here once before I can't stand this woman so it was good to see her get exposed. She is a good fighter but has an insufferable personality and in her first fight against a real opponent she gets lit up. Maybe the fool will stop thinking she can beat guys in her own weight class. She thinks she could beat Mayweather and the first time she faces a female boxer it's lights out. Classic case of the media creating an image and the person buying into all the hype. Humility could do her some good, maybe she will start dodging a rematch with Holm instead of dodging cyborg.

Reaction Score
She fought very foolishly. Charging face first into punches. She was exposed for sure.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
If she was the best women's UFC had to offer....egads.

I realize that she's a bronze medalist in judo or whatever, but on her feet, she's slow and clumsy. She had no ability to prevent that other girl from just punching her in the face over and over.

From what I saw, if those two fought 10 times, Rousey would have to be revived ten times.

Reaction Score
@superjohn is right. No one with a brain ever believed she could beat Mayweather but Holm's movement and boxing skills made Rousey look amateurish at best. Rousey actually fell to knee as Holm ducked under her haymaker. Completely outclassed on the feet, and Holm was strong enough physically to withstand Rousey's grappling attempts. Holm was impressive.

Reaction Score
This woman tried to standup and trade with a real live boxer....

owVJQZx.gif

Reaction Score
It's such a joke. Fanboys were talking about how incredible she looked in her last fight with the knockout. It's embarassing that these idiots thought she looked good boxing. It looked like two oafs wobbling around throwing off-balance haymakers and to think there are people out there that think she could beat Mayweather. First time she doesn't fight a tomato can and she almost dies. Normally I could care less about two women fighting but it's nice to see a huge gasbag get her bell rung. She's one of the biggest media creations I've ever seen, Rousey winning female athlete of the year over Serena is a bigger travesty than Caitlyn Jenner winning the courage award.

Reaction Score
It's such a joke. Fanboys were talking about how incredible she looked in her last fight with the knockout. It's embarassing that these idiots thought she looked good boxing. It looked like two oafs wobbling around throwing off-balance haymakers and to think there are people out there that think she could beat Mayweather. First time she doesn't fight a tomato can and she almost dies. Normally I could care less about two women fighting but it's nice to see a huge gasbag get her bell rung. She's one of the biggest media creations I've ever seen, Rousey winning female athlete of the year over Serena is a bigger travesty than Caitlyn Jenner winning the courage award.

Caitlin is a real hero. If she didn't decide to become a woman, we would all label her as a murderer.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Great, now the world can go back to not pretending to care about women's UFC.
Huh? The rematch will get 3 times the ppv sales tonight did. It did absolutely the opposite. Which is why I'm firmly convinced she threw the fight tonight so she could make millions on the rematch.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
She was drumming up attention by saying crazy sh$t and generated tons of ppv sales. If you seriously think she meant any of the nonsense coming out her mouth ...........

Reaction Score
Huh? The rematch will get 3 times the ppv sales tonight did. It did absolutely the opposite. Which is why I'm firmly convinced she threw the fight tonight so she could make millions on the rematch.
Throw the fight by continuing to eat straight left hands and then almost getting her head flown by a head kick? She was outclassed man, I could see if it was some lucky punch and a dive but she was dominated.

Reaction Score
You seem like a nice fellow but you're an absolute idiot if you thought she threw the fight, Holm destroyed her. Also the fraud they built up as unbeatable for the last couple of years just got brutally exposed, interest in Rousey will plummet after this.

Reaction Score

Yikes. Those are two women that I'd be just fine never crossing paths with. Taking a line out of Austin Powers, "She looks quite mannish..." I've watched a few MMA fights or whatever they're called now, and it's one brutal sport. It's bad enough to get punched in the face w/ what looks like a gloveless fist, but to then be kicked in the face while your head is down and then take a couple hay-makers while on the map, just seems wrong. Just brutal. I saw some additional highlights and it seemed the Ronda was blocking Holly's punches with her face all night long. Between this highlight and that dude that snapped his leg in half when his opponent stuck out his elbow...that one still freaks me out.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
You seem like a nice fellow but you're an absolute idiot if you thought she threw the fight, Holm destroyed her. Also the fraud they built up as unbeatable for the last couple of years just got brutally exposed, interest in Rousey will plummet after this.
Nonsense. The rematch will double or triple tonight's ppv sales. You honestly think they will plummet after tonight? You seem like a nice fellow but clearly aren't familiar with marketing sporting events. They are both preparing to become very, very rich.

Reaction Score
Nonsense. The rematch will double or triple tonight's ppv sales. You honestly think they will plummet after tonight? You seem like a nice fellow but clearly aren't familiar with marketing sporting events. They are both preparing to become very, very rich.

This is an absurd rationale. If you are undefeated and in contention for "the best ever" in your sport, you don't blow a win in order to get more viewers. Do you think Floyd would lose intentionally so that he gets mega-mega-mega rich in PPV instead of just getting mega-mega rich?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom