OT RIP Baseball - You deserve ZERO fans | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT RIP Baseball - You deserve ZERO fans

Reaction Score
Boone and Cashman already tired out the bullpen no one close to 5 innings. Took Cortes out shutting out the Jays with 60 pitches in 4 1/3. Baseball is ridiculous and Roberts is an absolute dope taking that opportunity away, dreadful move on his part.

Reaction Score
Boone and Cashman already tired out the bullpen no one close to 5 innings. Took Cortes out shutting out the Jays with 60 pitches in 4 1/3. Baseball is ridiculous and Roberts is an absolute dope taking that opportunity away, dreadful move on his part.
The analytics say sit Stanton tonight and have Hicks in the lineup. Don't try and have your best hitter in the lineup against Berrios.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I hate all the front office nerds who totally ruined this sport.

Now no one can go past a predetermined length of pitches / time through the order no matter what the situation.

What the hell happened to those old school badass pitchers who would throw 140 pitches and then come back and throw another 140 4 days later, rinse and repeat for 35 starts.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
The analytics say sit Stanton tonight and have Hicks in the lineup. Don't try and have your best hitter in the lineup against Berrios.
Head bang

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I agree with you on many things. On this I don’t think you can possibly have an informed view. Pitchers are babies, but this guy is a big star pitching an early season game in cold weather. If he goes one or two more with a bad effect on his arm, then what would everyone say?

Reaction Score
Kershaw pulled from a Perfect game today

7 IP, 80 pitches

Final straw for me. All I have left now is College hoops and Hockey. And college hoops is changing rapidly
I’m sure some analytics guy said that’s the right number so that’s what they did.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I agree with you on many things. On this I don’t think you can possibly have an informed view. Pitchers are babies, but this guy is a big star pitching an early season game in cold weather. If he goes one or two more with a bad effect on his arm, then what would everyone say?
“That perfect game was an epic way to cap off his HOF career”?

Reaction Score

And Dave Roberts would lose his job as manager of the Dodgers. Remember, Bauer joining the rotation is nowhere in sight. Roberts has the keys to the Rolls Royce of baseball franchises right now. The have superstars. They have great young talent. But they didn't win last year with their payroll. Even the Dodgers are an arm injury from becoming very vulnerable in the playoffs, especially witht he Bauers' situation.

Even Kershaw got hurt, do you think he would have given the Dodgers his money back? If they win another ring this year, Kershaw won't care about this at all.

Reaction Score
Ryan would have 14 walks, so I really can't imagine it.
Can you imagine trying to pull Bob Gibson? The manager would be trying to pry the ball out of his butt! That guy pitched to 3 batters after shattering his leg on a Clemente line drive. The game has a couple of drawbacks. For one, it requires an attention span of more than 30 seconds. #2 it is built on tension that builds slowly. But the squints have made it about home runs without considering that build up. And it doesn’t help that they don’t market their stars. And they’ve priced themselves out of the everyday fan’s price range.

Funny thing about baseball is the minor leagues are drawing really well.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Of course everyone was sure he had plenty left in his arm so that it would be ok if he threw 25 more pitches and gave up a hit with 2 out in the 9th.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Can you imagine trying to pull Bob Gibson? The manager would be trying to pry the ball out of his butt! That guy pitched to 3 batters after shattering his leg on a Clemente line drive. The game has a couple of drawbacks. For one, it requires an attention span of more than 30 seconds. #2 it is built on tension that builds slowly. But the squints have made it about home runs without considering that build up. And it doesn’t help that they don’t market their stars. And they’ve priced themselves out of the everyday fan’s price range.

Funny thing about baseball is the minor leagues are drawing really well.
It’s affordable.

Reaction Score
And Dave Roberts would lose his job as manager of the Dodgers. Remember, Bauer joining the rotation is nowhere in sight. Roberts has the keys to the Rolls Royce of baseball franchises right now. The have superstars. They have great young talent. But they didn't win last year with their payroll. Even the Dodgers are an arm injury from becoming very vulnerable in the playoffs, especially witht he Bauers' situation.

Even Kershaw got hurt, do you think he would have given the Dodgers his money back? If they win another ring this year, Kershaw won't care about this at all.
Thats the problem the analytical nerds have way too much power. If injuries happen they happen, under normal circumstances I would agree but a no hitter?

Reaction Score
38 degrees in Denver. Not a total excuse, but somewhat understandable.
Game was in Minnesota-having said that, almost everyone is on a pitch count with the short spring training. Usually around 7 or 8 weeks. Sure he was well above his count.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
I love baseball and going to games but if the starter is pulled fairly early and I have to watch a bunch of no-name middle relievers grind it out for 4-5 innings, it gets incredibly boring.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think your experience is not unique. I know a lot of people who go to games when free corporate seats come their way, but never on their own dime. (Personally, I haven’t paid for an MLB ticket in a bazillion years. I do buy HV Renegards tix though. That’s a great night out.)

It increases until it doesn’t.

At some point, the decrease in attendance and the decrease in ratings will bring a reckoning. Nothing is permanent.
If I can get over to a Cubs game, I look on stubhub in a couple of sections I know are great seats shortly before the game and season ticket holders are looking to dump their tickets for cheap because they can't come in from the burbs. I don't even bother going to weekend games in the heart of the summer anymore, the tickets are way overpriced for a crummy product.

I'll still go down for some White Sox games, better ticket prices and much better people watching.

Reaction Score
Lots of old boomer takes here.

The Dodgers should contend for another title and pitch well into fall. It’s a team sport and Kershaw admits he hadn’t been stretched out past that yet. He’s older. Recent health concerns. It’s a long season. LOL at the Nolan Ryan comments. He pitched 40 years ago and threw

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Why don't those of you who dislike the shift take issue with the hitters? Jackie Bradley bats about .180. Mostly Ks, but a pull hitter. Big shift on him. With his speed, a bunt down the 3rd baseline could have him hitting .250+. I blame him for not adjusting. I don't agree with banning shifts.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Schilling was never the same late career when he pushed himself for a no-no. He didn't get it and was never the same.

Reaction Score
If this happened in June I’d agree with the angry takes. But In April after a shortened spring training with a guy who has a lot of arm and back issues I don’t think it’s a bad move.

Reaction Score
Why don't those of you who dislike the shift take issue with the hitters? Jackie Bradley bats about .180. Mostly Ks, but a pull hitter. Big shift on him. With his speed, a bunt down the 3rd baseline could have him hitting .250+. I blame him for not adjusting. I don't agree with banning shifts.
This a million percent. Hitters used to be able to do this. Now it’s all about pull power and elevation.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom