OT RIP Baseball - You deserve ZERO fans | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT RIP Baseball - You deserve ZERO fans

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Considering he's their best pitcher, he was pitching an absolute gem, he had only thrown 70 pitches and he averaged 100 pitches per start in the regular season, he hadn't given up anything hit hard, and hadn't lost any of his velocity it was a brutal decision and most likely lost them the World Series.

It wasn't long ago when managers rode their stud starting pitchers in the biggest games and often times they were rewarded with World Series rings because of it. This is right there with the Blake Snell decision and some others we've seen. It's something which has made the game worse IMO and it deserves to backfire like it so often does.
This. Analytics are necessary, but over use (information overload) of analytics is ruining the game. Same thing when Boone pulled Cole to go to Lou Trevino. Its much easier to defend keeping Wheeler / Cole in in those situations than having to explain pulling your workhorse early when it inevitably backfires.

Reaction Score
Good for Dusty Baker, old school managers can still get it done. Just sits back with a tooth pick in his mouth and lets his guys play he doesn’t get in their way.

Reaction Score
This. Analytics are necessary, but over use (information overload) of analytics is ruining the game. Same thing when Boone pulled Cole to go to Lou Trevino. Its much easier to defend keeping Wheeler / Cole in in those situations than having to explain pulling your workhorse early when it inevitably backfires.

Good for Dusty Baker, old school managers can still get it done. Just sits back with a tooth pick in his mouth and lets his guys play he doesn’t get in their way.
These comments are really funny when the Astros are at the forefront of the analytics movement. Pretty much perfectly sums up sports fans mindsets, when it works nobody says a word and when it doesn't the blame is all on analytics

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I remember the good ole days when Dusty used to burn out all his starting pitchers by end of August.

Reaction Score
I remember the good ole days when Dusty used to burn out all his starting pitchers by end of August.
Ya that’s the regular season I’m sure he has adapted.

Reaction Score
These comments are really funny when the Astros are at the forefront of the analytics movement. Pretty much perfectly sums up sports fans mindsets, when it works nobody says a word and when it doesn't the blame is all on analytics
Your exactly right they are at the forefront of analytics and at the forefront of how to use analytics.

Reaction Score
Your exactly right they are at the forefront of analytics and at the forefront of how to use analytics.
I will give you that, they're much better about how to apply analytics than most team. Forget the name of it, but there was a good book about it a few years ago

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Like I said, analytics are necessary. The way the Yankees do it (i.e. relief pitcher “lanes”) doesn’t work, clearly.

Reaction Score
L
Jeter looks old with the chrome dome and gray beard.
Haha he does, if he was clean shaven he would look the same, I don’t think he cares about his appearance that much now being a family guy.

Yankee fans want Jeter to be the GM, I would rather see him own the team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom