OT: Richard Sherman Postgame | The Boneyard

OT: Richard Sherman Postgame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He acted like such a . I actually loved it when he called out Skip Bayless because I think he's an asshat (on purpose, that's how he gets ratings), but it turns out Sherman is just less of an asshat than Bayless. There is a huge difference between being pumped and saying don't challenge me and calling someone out. Ricky Moore didn't go over and slap Langdon's ass in 99...he just showed the intensity of an athlete being challenged and winning.

Reaction Score
Lots of on the field between Sherman, Harbaugh, Kaepernick and Crabtree but I still think Erin Andrews wins the title.

Reaction Score
If you didn't love that interview (and are not a 9'ers fan) you have no pulse and do not enjoy entertainment. I have never seen a WR crew talk more than Boldin and Crabtree. They didn't back up their talk, and the player who did sure let them know.

Reaction Score
If you didn't love that interview (and are not a 9'ers fan) you have no pulse and do not enjoy entertainment. I have never seen a WR crew talk more than Boldin and Crabtree. They didn't back up their talk, and the player who did sure let them know.

This could be very true. I didn't see any talking either way before the game (didn't follow it that closely), but I think you can get your point across without having to be a about it. Had he just said that's what happens when anyone challenges me would have been fine. Calling another player who just lost mediocre at best just doesn't seem necessary to me. To reiterate what I said before, I loved Moore's intensity when he shut down Langdon and how he felt disrespected that he was challenged late, but he didn't go over and smack his ass after dominating him.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
What a first class .....totally classless
They play a game for a living, they're not foreign diplomats. I thought it was awesome.
Normally I would agree with you Kobe, but the man really is a , saw him on First Take once, and he totally disrespected Skip Bayless (you don't have to like the man, but don't disrespect him) I was turned off from Sherman since then, and he's basically done nothing to change my tune. He's a helluva CB, and he's prolly right, he is the best in the game. But if you truly believe you are, you don't have to boast it

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This could be very true. I didn't see any talking either way before the game (didn't follow it that closely), but I think you can get your point across without having to be a about it. Had he just said that's what happens when anyone challenges me would have been fine. Calling another player who just lost mediocre at best just doesn't seem necessary to me. To reiterate what I said before, I loved Moore's intensity when he shut down Langdon and how he felt disrespected that he was challenged late, but he didn't go over and smack his ass after dominating him.

In my ideal world, no player would trash talk and everyone would display class. BUT. When you run your mouth as much as Crab and Boldin do, you deserve to be humiliated when you fail, and fail they did.

Reaction Score
That was awesome, do you think Sherman really cares what anyone thinks of him. I don't know how you become a shutdown corner against todays receivers (most are divas themselves) and not be cocky.

Reaction Score
That was awesome, do you think Sherman really cares what anyone thinks of him. I don't know how you become a shutdown corner against todays receivers (most are divas themselves) and not be cocky.

Cocky is fine. I just hated the ass slap at the end and calling him out by name in the interview.

Reaction Score
In my ideal world, no player would trash talk and everyone would display class. BUT. When you run your mouth as much as Crab and Boldin do, you deserve to be humiliated when you fail, and fail they did.

They may have talked crap before the game (I honestly don't know) and may have called him out directly. If that's the case, I do get it. I just think you can do it in a way that both calls them out but also is a higher road. Obviously how I feel doesn't mean anything, but my opinion is to let the play speak for itself and call out things in a general way, not a specific way. It almost seemed like the win wasn't enough for Sherman and that without getting all that stuff in, it wouldn't have been satisfying enough for him. To me it sounds like someone who would rather shut his guy down and lose instead of having an off day and winning.

Reaction Score
shermans interview was great for tv. i was entertained... I wasn't hoping to be taught class by an over excited guy who just won his team the game. He could have thanked god and we would have all ignored it.. Instead he made a huge ass of himself and it was hilarious.. Enjoy it.

Reaction Score
"Who was talking about you," Erin Andrews is so freaking stupid.

Reaction Score
They showed the replay of the INT and Crabtree hit Sherman in the face right after it - no doubt fueled his WWE-style tirade. Think what you want about him - just sayin'.

Heck with it - I thought it was great television.

Reaction Score
They may have talked crap before the game (I honestly don't know) and may have called him out directly. If that's the case, I do get it. I just think you can do it in a way that both calls them out but also is a higher road. Obviously how I feel doesn't mean anything, but my opinion is to let the play speak for itself and call out things in a general way, not a specific way. It almost seemed like the win wasn't enough for Sherman and that without getting all that stuff in, it wouldn't have been satisfying enough for him. To me it sounds like someone who would rather shut his guy down and lose instead of having an off day and winning.

Your argument is fair and completely rational but I just wish you would have seen the exploits of these 2 receivers. Absurd trash talking every time they catch the ball. To be fair, Boldin is the one who started my grudge and Crab isn't as bad but I suggest you pay attention to these guys next time you watch them. They are as classless as it gets. Watching Boldin headbutt a Panthers LB after making a catch last week was my tipping point. I am a Giants fan FYI. Sherman showed his true colors for sure but I enjoyed every second of it.

Reaction Score
Sherman was a 5th round pick, hey DD if you want it bad enough that could be you.

Reaction Score
I love teams that talk trash and beat the S hit out of each other for 60 minutes thats real football, that game was at much faster speed compared to the AFC title.

Reaction Score
You are an angry person.

It was a perfectly legitimate follow up after the lunatic finished his rant.
I'm an angry person? Yup it wasn't clear at all that he was talking about Crabtree. I promise you I'm not angry about it but thanks for the bizarre observation.

Reaction Score

I'm quite certain Sherman cares what people think of him. I'm convinced that he's one of the smartest guys in the league. He came in as an unknown 5th round pick a couple years ago and now he's viewed as the best corner in the league. Is he? I don't know, he's very good, but I know a lot more people know his name and THINK he's the best corner because of his trash-talking exploits. He's going with the theory that the best way to maximize his income is to be loved OR hated, but never ignored. It's working (see this thread). He's the Hollywood Henderson of his day, hopefully (for his sake) with less coke.

Reaction Score
I'm an angry person? Yup it wasn't clear at all that he was talking about Crabtree. I promise you I'm not angry about it but thanks for the bizarre observation.
No, no, she asked who was talking about Sherman. Not who Sherman was talking about. Totally legit question, actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom