OT: Richard Sherman Postgame | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Richard Sherman Postgame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm an angry person? Yup it wasn't clear at all that he was talking about Crabtree. I promise you I'm not angry about it but thanks for the bizarre observation.

I don't think you're an angry person, but I thought Andrews handled that interview as well as anyone other than Mean Gene Okerlund could have.

Reaction Score
The real shame in all of this is that one of the all-time classics is going to be completely overshadowed by a short interview. There was just so much that happened in that game, from Kaepernick and Wilson defying the laws of physics, to Navarro Bowman f'in losing his knee and STILL holding onto the football, to all the earth-shattering hits...all if it was just phenomenal.

As for the Sherman thing, I generally am pretty tolerant to trash talk, but that just didn't seem like the time and place for it. If you want to talk trash during the week, or during the game, so be it. But to try to show the guy up like that after a hell of a battle all game long is just unnecessary, and I feel the same way about the post game interview. Trash talk on the field? Fair. Trash talk on national TV after you just won the NFC championship? Kind of lame in my opinion.

Anyway...I think San Francisco was the best team in the league. That game could have gone either way, but Seattle made one more play (and got a couple calls) than they did. Should be a hell of a Super Bowl.

Reaction Score
No, no, she asked who was talking about Sherman. Not who Sherman was talking about. Totally legit question, actually.
It's not important, I'll watch it again but watching live I thought it was pretty obvious he was talking about Crabtree who he was covering all game. I guess I'm being overly critical of Erin Andrews but I think she's a lousy person so I'm biased.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
You are an angry person.

It was a perfectly legitimate follow up after the lunatic finished his rant.

Spot on. She handled it correctly:

1) Crazy person yelling "don't you dare talk about me...".
2) Erin responds back, "Who was talking about you?"
3) Crazy person goes back to yelling.
4) Erin says, "...and Joe, back over to you...", essentially ending the rant.

She did very well...

Reaction Score
The real shame in all of this is that one of the all-time classics is going to be completely overshadowed by a short interview. There was just so much that happened in that game, from Kaepernick and Wilson defying the laws of physics, to Navarro Bowman f'in losing his knee and STILL holding onto the football, to all the earth-shattering hits...all if it was just phenomenal.

As for the Sherman thing, I generally am pretty tolerant to trash talk, but that just didn't seem like the time and place for it. If you want to talk trash during the week, or during the game, so be it. But to try to show the guy up like that after a hell of a battle all game long is just unnecessary, and I feel the same way about the post game interview. Trash talk on the field? Fair. Trash talk on national TV after you just won the NFC championship? Kind of lame in my opinion.

Anyway...I think San Francisco was the best team in the league. That game could have gone either way, but Seattle made one more play (and got a couple calls) than they did. Should be a hell of a Super Bowl.
The Bowman injury was gruesome, amazing he held onto the ball considering the pain he must have been in. I still have no clue why that play isn't reviewable, it makes no sense. Well Marshawn Lynch fumbled the next play so as Rasheed Wallace always says, ball don't lie.

Reaction Score
I'm quite certain Sherman cares what people think of him. I'm convinced that he's one of the smartest guys in the league. He came in as an unknown 5th round pick a couple years ago and now he's viewed as the best corner in the league. Is he? I don't know, he's very good, but I know a lot more people know his name and THINK he's the best corner because of his trash-talking exploits. He's going with the theory that the best way to maximize his income is to be loved OR hated, but never ignored. It's working (see this thread). He's the Hollywood Henderson of his day, hopefully (for his sake) with less coke.

Care that people hate him i mean I highly doubt he cares lol.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The "not reviewable" thing has to be fixed.

If you have instant replay and it doesn't cover something as basic as a screwed up change of possession play, you really don't have instant replay.

I'm sure they will change it - for three or four minutes, I'm sure all anyone in the NFL offices could think of there was, "Oh, s---....we're going to send the wrong team to the Super Bowl."

The happiest people alive after that fumble were in SF and Manhattan.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Care that people hate him i mean I highly doubt he cares lol.

He absolutely cares what people think of him.

He's trying to create a persona - that was all but performance art.

Sherman graduated from Stanford with a degree in communications. He's way too smart to be a pure lunatic, but he can play one on television.

Reaction Score
I don't know how anyone can discuss the interview. I couldn't understand a damn thing he said. I do know this, Sherman is one heck of a player.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
You are an angry person.

It was a perfectly legitimate follow up after the lunatic finished his rant.

Actually, if she was listening it was clear he was directing his fire at one guy...Crabtree. Her question was dumb.

Reaction Score

Sherman graduated from Stanford with a degree in communications. He's way too smart to be a pure lunatic, but he can play one on television.

He backs it up thats all that matters

Reaction Score

Every guy has a different way to motivate themselves, you do what you have to do to win, thats the bottom line, and I don't think Richard Sherman is a punk in reality (ok maybe he is) just on the field. Talking to the Fox Crew he was fine.

Nnocu

Poplar Poster
Reaction Score
Love me some Richard Sherman. It was funny when he tore Skip Bayless a new one on FT.

Reaction Score
He is a diva which is a nice way of saying HD is a loudmouthed b!tch. But he backs it up and he is making himself a star.

My issue is the BS reaction to these types of interviews. I think sticking a microphone in the face of a adrenaline charged football player or boxer still on the field of battle....then being stunned by the occasional over the top comment is beyond dumb.

Reaction Score
From reddit...

i53ngIb.jpg

Reaction Score
He is a diva which is a nice way of saying HD is a loudmouthed b!tch. But he backs it up and he is making himself a star.

My issue is the BS reaction to these types of interviews. I think sticking a microphone in the face of a adrenaline charged football player or boxer still on the field of battle....then being stunned by the occasional over the top comment is beyond dumb.

It's not dumb. It's regulatory. Sportsmanship should matter.

Reaction Score
I agree with Fishy. Sherman has a bachelors and at least started works toward a masters at Stanford (don't know if he finished that). He had a 4.1 GPA in High School. It's all a game to him, and he's making the rules on how he wants people to see him.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Lots of on the field between Sherman, Harbaugh, Kaepernick and Crabtree but I still think Erin Andrews wins the title.
Kap is a great kid from a great family who does a ton for local charities. Far from an A hole.

Reaction Score
Ever seen any other elite athletes show up competition like this? On this stage? Tiger, serena,bron...? Totally classless behavior. he very well could be a lunatic, plenty of lunatics have college degrees.

Reaction Score

Agreed Erin's question did show she did not have a clue and handled the interview badly also Sherman was not acting or creating but competing. The slap was too much but I believe he was being himself 100%

Reaction Score
With the way the 49ers play and trash talk, much like their whiney little bitch coach, this was fine. Right after the game, few minutes after the play, that was passion. He was at the desk with Strahan, Long, Bradshaw and team after the game along with Russell and they all had a good laugh about the "moment"…….he's a smart dude, but still a football player and with that breeds a different mentality. It is what it is……….good thing came from it though, 49ers are done!

Reaction Score
I guess I'm being overly critical of Erin Andrews but I think she's a lousy person so I'm biased.

Not sure what makes her a lousy person in your eyes, but her calm and rational response of "who was talking about you?" to his rant "Don't you ever talk about me!!" was as good as it gets. Meanwhile when Harbaugh was asked if he was "devastated"- he quoted Hemingway's famous line from The Old Man and The Sea " A man can be destroyed but not defeated" and Pam Oliver said "Is that a quote?" Now that was a dumb remark.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I am for honest answers to banal interview questions. He was responding to earlier trash talk from Crabtree. He basically said, "Now what?"

If anything, Andrews was unprepared for anything other than the stock milquetoast answer. She missed an opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom