OT: Revis to the Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Mercenary. That is all.

Reaction Score
Helps the Jets sure, but will it make them beat the Pats not necessarily, but they is no replacing Revis for the Pats. Browner is also a FA, Cromartie is still out there.

Reaction Score
His post-NFL career even benefits more by returning to the Jets. That way he can have fans amongst the New York and New England regions, rather than just New England alone.

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
Helps the Jets sure, but will it make them beat the Pats not necessarily, but they is no replacing Revis for the Pats. Browner is also a FA, Cromartie is still out there.
Yeah gotta get browner back... but $70 million... Lets see if Jets get Mariota now.. Im sure they could get Chip to trade their stadium at this point for him

Reaction Score
His post-NFL career even benefits more by returning to the Jets. That way he can have fans amongst the New York and New England regions, rather than just New England alone.

Kind of like Lebron on a smaller scale. Unlike a Quarterback his career won't be defined by how many rings he wins.

Reaction Score
I should've put my NFL FA/Trades thread on the basketball board instead of the football board oh well.

Reaction Score
Didn't want part of a cheating organization

Hi.

a6d8a99db25646a289fae5b38b4969f3.jpg

Reaction Score
Didn't want part of a cheating organization
Actually, the Jets are the ones who cheated here. They will be faced with a penalty for tampering. I certainly hope it gets as much press as Spygate and Deflategate. Oh wait, it probably won't, because the Jets haven't won and never well. I hope Revis' teammates enjoy looking at his shiny Super Bowl ring.....that's the closest they'll ever come to one.

Reaction Score
Actually, the Jets are the ones who cheated here. They will be faced with a penalty for tampering. I certainly hope it gets as much press as Spygate and Deflategate. Oh wait, it probably won't, because the Jets haven't won and never well. I hope Revis' teammates enjoy looking at his shiny Super Bowl ring.....that's the closest they'll ever come to one.

Jets will still suck but it does hurt the Pats so I'm good with it.

Reaction Score
Jets will still suck but it does hurt the Pats so I'm good with it.
Spoken like a true Jets fan.....we suck, but as long as someone else maybe is worse off, we can be happy. God that's an awful existence.

Reaction Score
I've seen this before. (Welker,Seymour,Malloy,Green Ellis,Law,Samual, Meriweather, Branch, Spikes etc.)
1.Star player leaves NE through FA or trade
2.NE fans panic, World rejoices that NE will be irrelevant
3.Belichick stays course, fills spot with lesser known young kid or weathered vet
4.Star player doesn't see same success and or plays for awful team
5.NE wins 12 games and division
6. Rest of the league:

j44xfc4a91zow1pybfcq.jpg

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
Mercenary. That is all.

I'm a diehard Jets fan who tossed his Revis jersey two years ago. And while I haven't yet warmed to the reunion, I thought this point from Pats beat writer Mike Reiss was spot on:

In the end, I keep coming back to the thought that Revis is essentially the player's version of the Patriots -- intelligent, ruthless and often cut-throat at the negotiating table.

We often praise that approach when it works in favor of the team.

It isn't often that the team has it turned on itself, which is what Revis did to the Patriots.

Reaction Score
Ahh!! Love all you patriot haters. Patriots will be fine and most of you will just be Disappointed again. Cheaters really- what the hell happened to deflate-gate?

Reaction Score
I am dumbfounded why Patriots fans are being such s about this. Everyone knew it was a one year gig and there was no way the Pats were ponying up the money Revis would want this year. Oh, and they won a Super Bowl two months ago.

Four titles later, they're still a bunch of insecure d-bags.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
The butthurt is strong with you young padawan

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
just the Pats being the Pats when they declined his 20 million dollar option

I'm disappointed but not surprised. I was hoping he liked WINNING, but maybe he's more comfortable being the big fish in a small pond (of talent) while playing for wannabes

Reaction Score
I am dumbfounded why Patriots fans are being such s about this. Everyone knew it was a one year gig and there was no way the Pats were ponying up the money Revis would want this year. Oh, and they won a Super Bowl two months ago.

Four titles later, they're still a bunch of insecure d-bags.
Hurts to lose Revis, no doubt. But Jets fans calling NE cheaters is so hypocritical.....they actually cheated here. But you're right....Jet fans to Patriots are what Providence fans are to Uconn: that pain in the ass little dog ig that just keeps yapping at your heels that you kick to the side, yet just won't go away. We really shouldn't care, you are 100% correct.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
winning hurts? I'm seeing just a tad bit of irony here

No but a Pats fan melting down about Jets "cheating and tampering" smacks of a just bit of irony, no?

Listen Im a dog Jets fan. have been all my life. Grew up seeing Namath (my all time favorite athlete) play in Shea 7 Sundays a year.

That being said, you could take the Pats and Bellicheat and dress the whole lot of them up as Jets for a season and they would end up 3-13. Its just the way it is.

Reaction Score
Patriots fan here, I totally understand why Revis left and I have no issue with him going back to the Jets. Revis is 30 years old right now, and like any other player in the NFL (a league with non-guarantee contracts) he should be trying to maximize his earnings potential with the limited window he has left in the league. The 5 year / $70 mil contract in reality is a 2 year / $39 mil deal, and is something that the Patriots weren't willing to meet.

Revis came to the Patriots on a below market, one year offer with the intention of winning a Super Bowl. The Patriots made the deal, knowing full well that they weren't exercising the second year. The team has other young, key personnel that they will need to extend in the next year or so (McCourty this year, Hightower, Collins, Chandler Jones etc). In the end, both parties got exactly what they were looking for. The Patriots won their #4 Super Bowl and Revis was able to get one more big contract and a return to the team that drafted him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom