OT Reducing cable to "basic" | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT Reducing cable to "basic"

Reaction Score
FYI - this is what I said. So I'm not sure where you think I've said that the viewer is breaking the law.
Because you just said again that it was illegal in your latest post and yes, I am happy, seeing as that distinction is a huge one as it relates to this discussion.

Reaction Score
Lots of people got fired over pictures they posted on Facebook. They thought nothing was going to happen to. If you want to, it's fine... but why bother. I mean I know the likelihood of a potential employer combing through the Boneyard for posts is pretty slim... but I still don't think it's a great idea.
What on earth are you talking about?

Reaction Score
Because you just said again that it was illegal in your latest post and yes, I am happy, seeing as that distinction is a huge one as it relates to this discussion.

I said "it isn't legal" - which is pretty vague. They all admitted as much - saying that the streams get taken down all the time. Nobody thinks the activity is legal in its entirety, even if the viewer might not be breaking the law.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
What on earth are you talking about?
Follow the thread back. Basically my point is, posting about doing something illegal or morally questionable on any form of social media has zero upside. Even on a semi-anonymous sports message board. I've known people who have lost their jobs for less. Like I said though the likelihood of any negative consequences is nearly 0.. but why bother.

Reaction Score
Follow the thread back. Basically my point is, posting about doing something illegal or morally questionable on any form of social media has zero upside. Even on a semi-anonymous sports message board. I've known people who have lost their jobs for less. Like I said though the likelihood of any negative consequences is nearly 0.. but why bother.
What companies have fired someone over streaming a TV show? Please I'm dying to hear it so I never apply for a job there

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
What companies have fired someone over streaming a TV show? Please I'm dying to hear it so I never apply for a job there

I've worked for some in the software industry that have taken IP property rights very seriously. Of course I've also worked at Fortune 500s that regularly install pirated software... I'm not going to beat this horse to death though. I just disagree with some of you guys. :)

Reaction Score
I've worked for some in the software industry that have taken IP property rights very seriously. Of course I've also worked at Fortune 500s that regularly install pirated software... I'm not going to beat this horse to death though. I just disagree with some of you guys. :)
I think the time for beating the horse to death is over. We're now attempting to ensure even coverage of horse guts within the grout.

Reaction Score
Without a concerted industry effort the viewer would be safe. The RIAA stopped suing people, even though it was wildly profitable. Too much backlash. The MPAA won't even try.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Depends on the show and the content. Ive seen and heard some people facing disciplinary action up to and including termination over some of the most trivial things being posted on media such as facebook and on some blogs. Recruiters are told to search all sorts of things when hiring so even the smartest kid out of an Ivy League school may find themselves shut out due to what they may thought to be an apparent harmless silly college posting.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom