OT: Red Sox Swept | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT: Red Sox Swept

Reaction Score
I wasn't happy about the first 2/3 of last season but they played hard the last 50 games or so and finished just below .500. It's the AL East, so yeah, even a near .500 record can land a team in last place some years. It was and continues to be a young team, some down years are expected when rebuilding.

A friend of mine who is a huge Yankee fan texted me after the game he attended in mid September. He was appalled by the lack of actual attendance, even while facing Kershaw while 2 back in the wild card race! I went to the game the next night and it was still half empty at least. You'll never see that at Fenway while in a pennant race.

Yes I would be crazy to argue that it was beyond disappointing to see the stands when the young guns got the team playing a little for a while and Yanks were within 1 game. Yes, awful on the fans part and I are the Sox in a race would be sold to the brim. Got me there!

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Yes I would be crazy to argue that it was beyond disappointing to see the stands when the young guns got the team playing a little for a while and Yanks were within 1 game. Yes, awful on the fans part and I are the Sox in a race would be sold to the brim. Got me there!

Part of the problem is that it is bloody expensive to go to a game these days.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Mau, I love you, man, but why do you post in every single Sox Centric thread that you don't care about the Sox?

Reaction Score
Theo was the one that insinuated Francona was on pills at the end of their time in Boston. That was crappy. And my 2nd favorite team is any team Tito is coaching.

If I had to deal with the Boston sports media and many, nay, Red Sox fans, all of whom believe that they can do a better job managing the team than whoever is the actual manager at the time, I would be on bills, booze, and whatever else I could get my hands on.

Reaction Score
I didn't think it was Theo, I thought ownership leaked it (via Dr Ronan). I don't think the 'source' was ever identified. But Red Sox ownership, despite the championships, really really sucks.

How trust evaporated between the Red Sox and Terry Francona - The Boston Globe
Couldnt agree more. Under previous ownership a good player could never leave on good terms, things always got ugly. The smearing of Tito (Lucchino most likely) was disgusting and embarrassing. For as much as this ownership group has done well, namely championships and modernizing Fenway they've done as much wrong by letting great pieces of the organization get away while extending terrible offers to other less deserving players. Also, every square inch of the ballpark, as well as any retirement ceremony is up for sale. They also did Orsillo very wrong and appear to be paving the way for Remy to endure a similar fate. Thank for the 3 the rings but Henry and Werner, don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out.

Reaction Score
Mau, I love you, man, but why do you post in every single Sox Centric thread that you don't care about the Sox?

Stupid question so why post it? It's a discussion board right 25, I like to discuss how whacked people like you are that's why. ;)I know you can't be that naive now right? I don't like the Red Sox so why wouldn't I enjoy a little back and forth banter, I mean what would this world be without it? Have you ever posted about Syracuse, Duke, Kentucky on hoops or the Yankees anywhere? Please why wast your space with a dopey question.

Reaction Score
Part of the problem is that it is bloody expensive to go to a game these days.

Yep, Especially Yankee Stadium, it's bad I do feel for the everyday fan no doubt. Kids can't see these games as much as we used to as a family it's just crazy.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
If I had to deal with the Boston sports media and many, nay, Red Sox fans, all of whom believe that they can do a better job managing the team than whoever is the actual manager at the time, I would be on bills, booze, and whatever else I could get my hands on.

What sports fans don't? The percentage of posters here who, on any given day, think they can manage a game better than KO is pushing 90%.

Husky25

Reaction Score
upload_2016-10-14_9-46-0.jpeg
upload_2016-10-14_9-46-11.jpeg

Yep. Sox fans and Sox writers have cornered the market on second guessing.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Have you ever posted about Syracuse, Duke, Kentucky on hoops or the Yankees anywhere? Please why wast your space with a dopey question.

Very rarely, and usually in the context of UConn or the Red Sox.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Lupica had this in his column today: Terry Francona vs. John Farrell in that ALDS between the Indians and Red Sox didn’t seem like much of a fair fight.

So true, I wanted Farrell gone.

Reaction Score
Lupica had this in his column today: Terry Francona vs. John Farrell in that ALDS between the Indians and Red Sox didn’t seem like much of a fair fight.

So true, I wanted Farrell gone.

Hardly on Farrell although he's not as good of a coach as Tito. I mean when your meat hits .200 very little shot for him to make any coaching moves.

Reaction Score
Hardly on Farrell although he's not as good of a coach as Tito. I mean when your meat hits .200 very little shot for him to make any coaching moves.
I still don't understand ownership and Dombrowski's love for Farrell. They appear ready to let Lovullo leave so they can retain a lesser manager in Farrell. The two LCS are absolutely littered with poor decisions by the Red Sox.

Reaction Score
LOL!!!! I'm shocked - SHOCKED - to find out that NESN would cover something as banal as a ceremonial first pitch in a game that didn't even involve the Red Sox and describe the Yankees as "desperate". Maybe you could detail us with every person and ex player that has ever thrown out a ceremonial first pitch for the Sox. I'm sure when Curt Schilling is called on to throw out a first pitch for the Sox against, say the Blue Jays, you'll agree it's some kind of desperation move aimed at trolling Yankee fans.

I'd also point out that in 2010, the Yankees were actually nearer to having won a world series (1 season vs. 3 seasons) and were playing for the right to go to the world series while the Red Sox missed the playoffs entirely. I guess there are just different forms of desperation. Yeah, it was an elimination game (that the Yankees won). I'm sure the Sox have never been in such a "desperate" situation in their entire history, or something.

Thank you - AGAIN - for proving our point. It really is hysterical to watch you prove it over and over again.

PS - by the way, I was commenting on your allegation that Yankee FANS bring up Boone and Dent. Maybe you could explain how the Yankees having them throw out a pitch at Yankee Stadium is an example of Yankee fans bringing up Boone and Dent to troll sox fans. I look forward to that tortured logic.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So when we're accused by a Sox fan obsessed with the Yankees that, in fact, it is US that is obsessed, by responding we're just proving that we are obsessed ? Is that your logic here ?

Husky25

Reaction Score
LOL!!!! I'm shocked - SHOCKED - to find out that NESN would cover something as banal as a ceremonial first pitch in a game that didn't even involve the Red Sox and describe the Yankees as "desperate". Maybe you could detail us with every person and ex player that has ever thrown out a ceremonial first pitch for the Sox. I'm sure when Curt Schilling is called on to throw out a first pitch for the Sox against, say the Blue Jays, you'll agree it's some kind of desperation move aimed at trolling Yankee fans.

I'd also point out that in 2010, the Yankees were actually nearer to having won a world series (1 season vs. 3 seasons) and were playing for the right to go to the world series while the Red Sox missed the playoffs entirely. I guess there are just different forms of desperation. Yeah, it was an elimination game (that the Yankees won). I'm sure the Sox have never been in such a "desperate" situation in their entire history, or something.

Thank you - AGAIN - for proving our point. It really is hysterical to watch you prove it over and over again.

PS - by the way, I was commenting on your allegation that Yankee FANS bring up Boone and Dent. Maybe you could explain how the Yankees having them throw out a pitch at Yankee Stadium is an example of Yankee fans bringing up Boone and Dent to troll sox fans. I look forward to that tortured logic.

As if NESN is the National Inquirer? It's not like I made the even up out of thin air.

Here is a similar sentiment from a Yankee-centric MLB blogger.

"The Yankees went deep into the well Wednesday for a couple of former players to throw out the ceremonial first pitch before Game 5 of the American League Championship Series at Yankee Stadium, which had the potential to be the last home game of the season for the Bombers since they trailed Texas 3-1 in the best-of-7 series."

1) Both Aaron Boone and Bucky Dent threw out the ceremonial first pitch that night, in an attempt to "wake the Gods."
2) Boone played in a total of 54 games for the Yankees. Dent played in all or parts of 12 seasons, and hit more triples than HRs in half of them. Both are hardly Yankee legends for accomplishments outside of those two at bats.
2a) For whatever he was/has become outside the lines, Curt Schilling was actually a damn good pitcher with three World Series rings, four appearances, and an outside shot at the Hall of Fame.
3) I did not make any allegations, Viking did. My post was meant to illustrate that even if you believe that Yankee FANS are above (they aren't) bringing up Dent and Boone, the franchise for which you root is not (either).

Husky25

Reaction Score
So when we're accused by a Sox fan obsessed with the Yankees that, in fact, it is US that is obsessed, by responding we're just proving that we are obsessed ? Is that your logic here ?
Is that what happened in this thread? I'm curious because the author of the original post in a thread entitled, "OT: Red Sox Swept" is a self professed Yankee fan and it took exactly 3 replies for the Red Sox Schadenfreude to commence in earnest.

Heck, you attempt to troll Sox fans with your avatar with every post.

I'm having a hard time determining whether this is a Straw man or just merely hypocritical. Either way it's boring.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom