OT Red Sox caught cheating | Page 7 | The Boneyard

OT Red Sox caught cheating

Reaction Score
The 1912 thing was obviously me making a point that titles that far in the past don't really matter. I was obviously not alive in 1912 to enjoy seeing Tris Speaker or Smokey Joe Wood play.

Obviously not.

Reaction Score
Your point is like '77 is in the past in comparison to what 2004? Of course it is numerically but for fans, no it's not. Joe D and the Mick weren't in my lifetime but Thurman and Nettles as well as Bucky were.

Good, enjoy the titles that you were alive to actually watch. You're a real ace for getting the gist of what I was saying. I personally can't wait for you guys to pay 500M+ for Harper.

Reaction Score
Obviously not.

Wow sport, you're on fire right now. Thought I had you fooled that I was 110+ years old and old enough to actually have remembered seeing Tris Speaker play. Nothing gets by you though, ace.

Reaction Score
Good, enjoy the titles that you were alive to actually watch. You're a real ace for getting the gist of what I was saying. I personally can't wait for you guys to pay 500M+ for Harper.

Not where I went with the obviously in bold pal, try to figure out again Einstein you seem to have with everything else. 10-4 pal

Reaction Score
The 1912 thing was obviously me making a point that titles that far in the past don't really matter. I was obviously not alive in 1912 to enjoy seeing Tris Speaker or Smokey Joe Wood play.
This is idiotic. Anyone trying to compare the Red Sox to the Yankees is going to look foolish. Yankees are far and away the class franchise in baseball and all of sports. I don't see Rockets fans trying to compare their team to the Lakers and Celtics.

Reaction Score
This is idiotic. Anyone trying to compare the Red Sox to the Yankees is going to look foolish. Yankees are far and away the class franchise in baseball and all of sports. I don't see Rockets fans trying to compare their team to the Lakers and Celtics.

Sports is a form of entertainment and enjoyment right? The point of seeing your team win a title is to be along for the ride as a fan and to enjoy it. Yanks fans talking about titles during the Ruth and Mantle eras that they weren't alive to see or enjoy has always been delusional.

Reaction Score
Not where I went with the obviously in bold pal, try to figure out again Einstein you seem to have with everything else. 10-4 pal

I already responded to your sh,itty attempt at a joke though.

Reaction Score
Sports is a form of entertainment and enjoyment right? The point of seeing your team win a title is to be along for the ride as a fan and to enjoy it. Yanks fans talking about titles during the Ruth and Mantle eras that they weren't alive to see or enjoy has always been delusional.
What are you even talking about? I saw the Yankees win 5, just because I didn't see the others doesn't mean they didn't happen.

So no sports fans under the age of 50 should be allowed to talk or celebrate the accomplishments of Ruth, Ali, Mantle, Gehrig, Mays, Aaron, Robinson, Russell, Chamberlain etc.? This is one of the dumbest things I've read on this board.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Yeah, you got to go all the way back to the late nineties for the Yanks to surpass the Sox in World Series wins.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Your point is like '77 is in the past in comparison to what 2004? Of course it is numerically but for fans, no it's not. Joe D and the Mick weren't in my lifetime but Thurman and Nettles as well as Bucky were.

Yes. Mine too. I look at it that way as well. God I hated those 70's Yankee teams.

Reaction Score
What are you even talking about? I saw the Yankees win 5, just because I didn't see the others doesn't mean they didn't happen.

So no sports fans under the age of 50 should be allowed to talk or celebrate the accomplishments of Ruth, Ali, Mantle, Gehrig, Mays, Aaron, Robinson, Russell, Chamberlain etc.? This is one of the dumbest things I've read on this board.

What I'm saying for instance is that a Yanks fan saying "27 titles!" in a braggadocious way is hollow because at that point the person is just taking credit for multiple titles that they weren't alive to witness or enjoy. Not sure how you were able to essentially parse "don't talk about anything that happened before you were alive" from that. That's totally insane, even for BY standards.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
He's not I agree. Tito was the guy, should've never left Boston

He lost the club though. He's a superb manager, but that was a problem. There were other guys, including the one they let go to Arizona this year. I think Disarcina has potential.

Reaction Score

Not sure what he said I'm ignoring the dope, but I've been alive for 9. I mean 61 and 62 I was 2 and 3 those don't count no clue. But 77,78,96, 98, 99, 00 and 09 I was very much old enough to celebrate and they are not ancient history to me. Graduated from HS in 77 and that one is very memorable having shot home to see that famous game at Fenway. Lots of great memories for me 1 every 8 years basically but a big lull between 62 and 77 as well as 78 to 96. After they won in 62 they were rather awful until George rescued us.

Reaction Score
What I'm saying for instance is that a Yanks fan saying "27 titles!" in a braggadocious way is hollow because at that point the person is just taking credit for multiple titles that they weren't alive to witness or enjoy. Not sure how you were able to essentially parse "don't talk about anything that happened before you were alive" from that. That's totally insane, even for BY standards.
It's not taking credit for anything, I didn't help them win any of their titles but they all happened. You sound like a crazy person.

I very much enjoy that the Yankees are the winning franchise in sports just as any young Uconn fan should enjoy that Uconn is right up there on the all-time list of championships.

Reaction Score
He lost the club though. He's a superb manager, but that was a problem. There were other guys, including the one they let go to Arizona this year. I think Disarcina has potential.

Yeah, that was a pretty big misstep by Dombrowski (who I generally don't like as a GM/president/guy in charge of personnel decisions) to keep Farrell and let Lovullo get snatched out from under us.

Reaction Score

This is how the Red Sox and Patriots fans make it in their minds that they are the #1 franchises. They go back only to when the teams started to be good and ignore what happened before.

Reaction Score
It's not taking credit for anything, I didn't help them win any of their titles but they all happened. You sound like a crazy person.

Hard for you to call anyone crazy after jumping through multiple logic hoops to arrive at "don't talk about anything that happened before you were born" from my saying "Yanks fans bragging about all the titles they weren't even alive to see is a pretty dumb way to brag or throw shade". That's actually insane.

Reaction Score
This is how the Red Sox and Patriots fans make it in their minds that they are the #1 franchises. They go back only to when the teams started to be good and ignore what happened before.

Kind of a logic fail. There's a lot of crossover between Sox/Pats fans and Celts fans. Anyone who is a Sox/Pats fan and thinks like that aren't turning around and bragging about the Bill Russell titles.

Reaction Score
It's pathetic and reeks of an inferiority complex. I wouldn't tell a Kentucky fan our titles are more important than theirs because ours are more recent and hope no other Uconn fan would, it's incredibly embarrassing.

Reaction Score
Kind of a logic fail. There's a lot of crossover between Sox/Pats fans and Celts fans. Anyone who is a Sox/Pats fan and thinks like that aren't turning around and bragging about the Bill Russell titles.

Oh, I bet they are.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I was not alive for 16 of the Yankee championships and alive for 11. Vivid memories of 8 (including one that was decided on my birthday) and vague memories of 2 others. I love the unequalled (in any major sport) total number of victories.
I think I've heard a few Celtics or Lakers fans who feel similarly about their lesser dominations.
Surprisingly,the Celtics may have accomplished this without cheating.

Reaction Score
Russell is a big reason the Celtics are one of the two best best franchises in basketball and one of the greatest in sports. I'm guessing you think the Warriors are the better franchise than the Lakers and Celtics so no reason in really further discussing this.

Reaction Score
Fans are ridiculous about this stuff. Does it count? Count for what? Team status? I guess so. Did those fans derive any enjoyment from those seasons? No. As a Red Sox fan, I certainly don't take that 1912 team as a point of pride. Nor should any modern fan feel that way about Babe Ruth's titles. I saw all the Patriot Superbowl seasons, so there's that. I saw all the UConn MBB titles too.

I'm not big on living in the past. About 30 minutes after a season ends, even in a title, I have moved on to next year. I only care about the season that is going on right now, in any sport.

History and tradition mean nothing to you. Sounds good. Not my approach but more than one way to judge excellence I suppose.

Reaction Score
I was not alive for 16 of the Yankee championships and alive for 11. Vivid memories of 8 (including one that was decided on my birthday) and vague memories of 2 others. I love the unequalled (in any major sport) total number of victories.
I think I've heard a few Celtics or Lakers fans who feel similarly about their lesser dominations.
Surprisingly,the Celtics may have accomplished this without cheating.

Celtics cheated a lot, but I feel your point.

Reaction Score
Russell is a big reason the Celtics are one of the two best best franchises in basketball and one of the greatest in sports. I'm guessing you think the Warriors are the better franchise than the Lakers and Celtics so no reason in really further discussing this.

The Warriors are a better franchise right now though? Does the fact that Bill Russell won 11 in 13 years 50+ years ago help the Celts chances in 2017-18? I wasn't alive to see Russell win those titles first hand, so of course there's going to be a level of dissociation there. To argue the other side of that is just bizarre and truly a Yanks fan grasping at straws.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom