OT Red Sox caught cheating | Page 8 | The Boneyard

OT Red Sox caught cheating

Reaction Score
History and tradition mean nothing to you. Sounds good. Not my approach but more than one way to judge excellence I suppose.

Sure, tell me your 10 favorite moments of that '27 Yanks season. Point being that you dont have any personal connection to that team or the players, all you can really do are look at the stats on paper and say "oh, that's cool". Beyond that there's nothing to connect you.

Reaction Score
I was not alive for 16 of the Yankee championships and alive for 11. Vivid memories of 8 (including one that was decided on my birthday) and vague memories of 2 others. I love the unequalled (in any major sport) total number of victories.
I think I've heard a few Celtics or Lakers fans who feel similarly about their lesser dominations.
Surprisingly,the Celtics may have accomplished this without cheating.

Celtics cheated a lot, but I feel your point.

So you guys are implicitly acknowledging the Yanks PED usage here, right? I don't recall a Sox/Celts player ever getting suspended an entire season for PED use.

Reaction Score
So you guys are implicitly acknowledging the Yanks PED usage here, right? I don't recall a Sox/Celts player ever getting suspended an entire season for PED use.

1) ...of course, they were caught redhanded
2) not the issue...terrible attempt to deflect
3) your next good thought will be your first

Reaction Score
Sure, tell me your 10 favorite moments of that '27 Yanks season. Point being that you dont have any personal connection to that team or the players, all you can really do are look at the stats on paper and say "oh, that's cool". Beyond that there's nothing to connect you.

You should visit the Yankee Museum at the Stadium. Then Momumnet park. If you can't connect with that history, we are very different people But you probably think all museums are a waste and Halls of Fame a waste of time and space.

You probably hate stories of Calhoun and Geno building programs out of nothing. I guess anything that happened before your first breath is just a joke. Cool.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Lol. Sox players didn't use steriods.

Guess I'll just be as much of a blind irrational homer and ask you which Sox player ever got suspended a full season for PED use the way Aroid did.

Reaction Score
You should visit the Yankee Museum at the Stadium. Then Momumnet park. If you can't connect with that history, we are very different people But you probably think all museums are a waste and Halls of Fame a waste of time and space.

You probably hate stories of Calhoun and Geno building programs out of nothing. I guess anything that happened before your first breath is just a joke. Cool.

Terrible attempt to deflect. You don't have any personal memories of that stuff, it's all just printed stats. It'd be like if someone asked you what your favorite world series team was, you wouldn't say the '27 Yanks because you didn't actually see them. If someone asked you who your favorite player of all time was, you wouldn't say Lou Gehrig.

If you just looked at cold stats on paper KEA looks like a good, but maybe not awesome player. If you actually watched him play you would surely hold him in higher regard.

Reaction Score
Guess I'll just be as much of a blind irrational homer and ask you which Sox player ever got suspended a full season for PED use the way Aroid did.

Did Manny use steroids?

Reaction Score

You probably think the Mitchell report is great too. I wonder how it would look if Brian Cashman was allowed to put it together.

Reaction Score
Everyone cheats in some fashion in every walk of life.....it's easy to identify the ones who don't.....they sacrifice the most and have the least or nothing.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Terrible attempt to deflect. You don't have any personal memories of that stuff, it's all just printed stats. It'd be like if someone asked you what your favorite world series team was, you wouldn't say the '27 Yanks because you didn't actually see them. If someone asked you who your favorite player of all time was, you wouldn't say Lou Gehrig.

If you just looked at cold stats on paper KEA looks like a good, but maybe not awesome player. If you actually watched him play you would surely hold him in higher regard.

I'd say Ted Williams, but I never saw him play. But you are right about KEA. Intangibles never make a stat sheet.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Lol. Sox players didn't use steriods.

I'm sure there as many sox players who did peds as on any other team. But none openly flipped off the world, and thought he was too good to get caught and punished. Even Yankees fans hated AROD. That's got to tell you why he got what he had coming.

Reaction Score
I'm sure there as many sox players who did peds as on any other team. But none openly flipped off the world, and thought he was too good to get caught and punished. Even Yankees fans hated AROD. That's got to tell you why he got what he had coming.

ARods an idiot but he didn't deserve to be the poster boy of PEDs at all when there were so many players who's success and financial gain were only thanks to the drug. Baseball hasn't handled anything right since McGuire-Sosa anyway.

As far as the Sox champ teams no doubt from Trot Nixon to Gabe Kapler to the obvious Manny they had plenty but look at all of the champs it would be the same. Yanks, Diamondbacks, Marlins on and on. Think about a guy like Gonzalez who had the big hit (bloop if you can even call it that) vs Yanks and his couple breakout HR years way too obvious.

Reaction Score

In actuality Ortiz yelled at the media when they asked him about his name being on a list testing positive for PEDs. After that it all went away Francesca used to talk about it all the time. The guy essentially got a pass for using steroids in one of the most baffling scenarios of sports news in the last quarter century. If guys like McGuire, Sosa, Bonds and Arod don't deserve to go to the HOF neither should that lying POS.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
In actuality Ortiz yelled at the media when they asked him about his name being on a list testing positive for PEDs. After that it all went away Francesca used to talk about it all the time. The guy essentially got a pass for using steroids in one of the most baffling scenarios of sports news in the last quarter century. If guys like McGuire, Sosa, Bonds and Arod don't deserve to go to the HOF neither should that lying POS.

AROD's entire persona was to flip off the world. He was hated by his team and Yankees fans. There is no comparison whatsoever.

Reaction Score
AROD's entire persona was to flip off the world. He was hated by his team and Yankees fans. There is no comparison whatsoever.

Arod wasn't hated by his teammates the whole Jeter feud was blown way out of proportion. I'm no Arod supporter by any means but both him and Ortiz are liars so no need to split hairs.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Yeah, he was hated by pretty much everyone. You won't find many Red Sox fans or players who hated Ortiz. He's a God in Boston. The comparison is silly.

A brief history of why everyone hates Alex Rodriguez

It Seems as if Everybody Hates Alex Rodriguez

You are entitled to your opinion. I skimmed your articles and didn't find any evidence of his teammates hating him. I'm a big Yankee fan and watched Arod's career in NY and saw his interaction with his teammates. My point is that a liar is a liar. I could care less that Ortiz is a God in Boston. I have zero respect for him and the fanbase.

Reaction Score
You are entitled to your opinion. I skimmed your articles and didn't find any evidence of his teammates hating him. I'm a big Yankee fan and watched Arod's career in NY and saw his interaction with his teammates. My point is that a liar is a liar. I could care less that Ortiz is a God in Boston. I have zero respect for him and the fanbase.

Oh well that explains your stance.

Reaction Score

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
They build statues for PED/ abusers in Boston.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom