OT Red Sox caught cheating | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT Red Sox caught cheating

Reaction Score
Wow could have never guessed this lol that's the first reduction of a suspension ever right Viking?

I know you are but what am I time for the Sox fans hilarious and embarrassing at the same time.
Suspensions get reduced, sure. What could Sanchez have argued to get his reduced considering he was caught on camera not once but twice suckerpunching a player on the ground, while looking around to see if anyone was noticing.
But it's so blatant that Torre made sure the Sox series was over before announcing the decision. I don't think even the biggest diehard NY fan could deny that.

Reaction Score
Suspensions get reduced, sure. What could Sanchez have argued to get his reduced considering he was caught on camera not once but twice suckerpunching a player on the ground, while looking around to see if anyone was noticing.
But it's so blatant that Torre made sure the Sox series was over before announcing the decision. I don't think even the biggest diehard NY fan could deny that.

In this thread: Red Sox fans making the Red Sox the victims of the Red Sox cheating.

Reaction Score
Red Sox accused of stealing signals via video - The Boston Globe

On Tuesday, the Red Sox filed their complaint with MLB. According to an industry source, the Sox have evidence that the Yankees used cameras from the YES Network to zoom in on Red Sox bench coach Gary DiSarcina flashing signs to players from the dugout.

Incorporating their television network to aid in sign-stealing could be interpreted as a greater violation than what the Red Sox did.

Reaction Score
In recent years, as cameras have proliferated in major league ballparks, teams have begun using the abundance of video to help them discern opponents’ signs, including the catcher’s signals to the pitcher. Some clubs have had clubhouse attendants quickly relay information to the dugout from the personnel monitoring video feeds.

The Red Sox admitted to league investigators that they were able to significantly shorten this communications chain by using electronics. In what mimicked the rhythm of a double play, the information would rapidly go from video personnel to a trainer to the players.

So they were using electronics, which is not legal. Are you dense?
You don't catch on very quickly do you? You claimed the use of electronics to steal signals is illegal. Then you cited teams using cameras and TVs legally and seemed clueless that those are electronics. Here's a clue -if you have to plug it in it's probably electronics.

The Red Sox admitted to using a watch to accelerate transfer to the trainer and players in the dugout. That was the only rules violation. What no one has shown is that the information was transferred to the batter in real time. If it happened it would be easy to show as the signals would have to be simple. If it didn't happen then the benefits over the legal sneakernet technique were minimal. I suspect that's the case because the Commissioner seemed to minimize it as gamesmanship between two rivals. If so, it will probably just be a fine for violating the communications rules, not some excessive theft of signs.

Reaction Score
You don't catch on very quickly do you? You claimed the use of electronics to steal signals is illegal. Then you cited teams using cameras and TVs legally and seemed clueless that those are electronics. Here's a clue -if you have to plug it in it's probably electronics.

The Red Sox admitted to using a watch to accelerate transfer to the trainer and players in the dugout. What no one has showed is that the information was transferred to the batter in real time. If it happened it would be easy to show as the signals would have to be simple. If it didn't happen then the benefits over the legal sneakernet technique were minimal. I suspect that's the case because the Commissioner seemed to minimize it as gamesmanship between two rivals. If so, it will probably just be a fine for violating the communications rules, not some excessive theft of signs.

You are an idiot, they admitted to cheating. But you are here saying, no they didn't.

Reaction Score
You are an idiot, they admitted to cheating. But you are here saying, no they didn't.
I said they broke the rules. How stupid do you have to be to interpret that as claiming they didn't cheat?

Reaction Score

The Red Sox admitted to using a watch to accelerate transfer to the trainer and players in the dugout. That was the only rules violation. What no one has shown is that the information was transferred to the batter in real time. If it happened it would be easy to show as the signals would have to be simple. If it didn't happen then the benefits over the legal sneakernet technique were minimal. I suspect that's the case because the Commissioner seemed to minimize it as gamesmanship between two rivals. If so, it will probably just be a fine for violating the communications rules, not some excessive theft of signs.
They got caught cheating and admitted to cheating. Please stop.

Reaction Score
Plus it was self defense. Zimmer was coming with hands to the face. I love how he bounces off the ground like a big bumble weeble when petey discards him like yesterday's trash
Zimmer was a 73 year old man, yep it was really cool.

Reaction Score
They got caught cheating and admitted to cheating. Please stop.
There are different levels of cheating. It's reasonable to discuss that issue, particularly since you don't know exactly what they admitted to doing. The Commissioner, who clearly knows a hell of a lot more about this than you, implied this was hardly as serious as some want it to be, just as the allegations against the Yankees may or may not be as serious (or even as true) as Sox fans want them to be.

Reaction Score
I had the honor of having lunch a few times with Ralph Branca. He was a co-worker of a friend of a friend. These lunches were not big affairs where he was a guest of honor or something. They were intimate, just three or four of us. Ralph would rarely talk about baseball and never about the "shot heard round the world" unless he was pressed. But one time when asked in the conversation about it he mentioned that he thought SF was stealing signs and using optics and what not to do so. But he didn't even seem that upset by it. Just kind of shrugged it off. I remember one of the first times I ate with him, he had on a tie with zoo animals on it. My friend who was with us asked him about the crazy looking tie. Ralph, and I am paraphrasing, said "what? Look there's a zebra over here, a giraffe, a lion, comon!" All the while pointing out the animals on the tie. When asked about Jackie Robinson he mentioned the obvious and well known support by Pee Wee Reese but also that he and some of his team mates supported him while others even on the Dodgers didn't want to play with him. He seem genuinely perplexed by this because he thought Jackie was a good guy and a great player. Anyway, the sign stealing thing made me think of this. He treated me, a nobody to him, as if we had been friends our whole lives. I'm guessing that is why he treated Jackie the same way. People were people to him. Pretty cool.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
There are different levels of cheating. It's reasonable to discuss that issue, particularly since you don't know exactly what they admitted to doing. The Commissioner, who clearly knows a hell of a lot more about this than you, implied this was hardly as serious as some want it to be, just as the allegations against the Yankees may or may not be as serious (or even as true) as Sox fans want them to be.
I didn't say anything about any levels, you're the one playing that game. All I've said is the Red Sox knowingly cheated and admitted to the cheating once they were caught.

Reaction Score
I didn't say anything about any levels, you're the one playing that game. All I've said is the Red Sox knowingly cheated and admitted to the cheating once they were caught.

But, but other teams have TV's in their clubhouses, those are electronics. kibblesnbits, who doesn't understand the difference of having electronics in the dugout.

Reaction Score
Lol. Don't get in this war, there is no way you can win. It would be like me, a Knicks fan trying to show up the Celtics.

Nonsense, he already won. We already won. Go ahead and post your videos of Mickey Mantle and Joe Dimaggio if you want. Post Bucky Dent, Aaron Boone and Ray Knight dancing a jig together. It's fine.

We don't care. We've got three in our lifetimes and there's nothing you all can do about that.

Reaction Score
But, but other teams have TV's in their clubhouses, those are electronics. kibblesnbits, who doesn't understand the difference of having electronics in the dugout.
You might not sound so stupid if I hadn't explicitly said multiple times that their only rules violation was having an electronic communications device in the dugout. Howeve, I am glad to see you have finally realized what the issue is. Good boy.

Reaction Score
We don't care. We've got three in our lifetimes and there's nothing you all can do about that.

Yeah, Jeter with his 5 is ancient Yankee history.

Reaction Score
You might not sound so stupid if I hadn't explicitly said multiple times that their only rules violation was having an electronic communications device in the dugout. Howeve, I am glad to see you have finally realized what the issue is. Good boy.

You are an idiot. I have posted the entire time with what they did. Your simpleton mind replied with excuse after excuse that other teams have TVs in the clubhouse. You literally added nothing to this thread but stupidity.

Reaction Score
Wow could have never guessed this lol that's the first reduction of a suspension ever right Viking?

I know you are but what am I time for the Sox fans hilarious and embarrassing at the same time.

Your overly aggressive Yanks homerism is quickly becoming one of my favorite memes on BY.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
The difference, and the only thing illegal about it according to the Commissioner, was the use of an Apple Watch to exchange the info.

I kind of wondered how they could use an Apple Watch to steal signals. That makes sense.

Reaction Score
Your overly aggressive Yanks homerism is quickly becoming one of my favorite memes on BY.

At least I have a "meme" lol you are just as awful posting on basketball as you are on baseball. Just not very intelligent about anything but the key is you are consistently bad so keep up the good work. I can separate my Yankee fandom from guys like Viking and Dr because they are solid Husky fans. You, well not quite sure what you are other than someone who thinks they are right on everything and knows very little.
Meme away!

Reaction Score
Nonsense, he already won. We already won. Go ahead and post your videos of Mickey Mantle and Joe Dimaggio if you want. Post Bucky Dent, Aaron Boone and Ray Knight dancing a jig together. It's fine.

You don't "win" c'mon selles. Again I get the total amount for us but baseball didn't start in 2004 for me it started in the late 60s and I have a lot more than you and have been in the playoffs and to lost World Series a lot more than you. Past history is just that and my record from late 70s and then from 95 on is really good, consistently kept us watching baseball to October or close to that. Again you guys lose if we look back and start throwing up videos.

Not sure how you guys getting caught doing something illegal brings up 2004 ......oh crap yes I do that's always what you hang your hats on.

Reaction Score
The replies are entertaining as expected. It's the Yanks fault for losing in 2004, ARod for slapping the ball out of the glove, Mariano for the blown save - I mean why else would the Red Sox cheat if not for those reasons alone? Oh wait and it's Sanchez's fault for sucker punching Cabrera and getting his suspension reduced like every other player in professional ball. Oh and let's add Torre to the list after all he's an ex-Yankee manager .

Just beautiful stuff and precious. Can't make it up!:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom