OT: Providence | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Providence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Providence sucked ass yesterday. jesuuus. I guess they are not destined to win NCAA tournament games. what a shame. I though they had a good chance to advance to even the Sweet 16.

All the providence fans are quiet today. LOL
How sad are you troll that Nova showed they are a fraud who only won so many games because they played in a very average conference?

The new big east is what I thought they were, average at best and laughably over seeded and over rated

Reaction Score
If his dream was to lose in the opening round of the NCAA tournament 2x, consider it Dream Fullfilled!

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The best moment in Providence basketball history was when they threw that dildo on the court.
I thought it was when one of their players was shooting a free throw and his brother walked out of the stands onto the court to start a fight.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I thought it was when one of their players was shooting a free throw and his brother walked out of the stands onto the court to start a fight.

Lolololol I remember that! I vote for that moment.

Reaction Score
How sad are you troll that Nova showed they are a fraud who only won so many games because they played in a very average conference?

The new big east is what I thought they were, average at best and laughably over seeded and over rated

yeah. they lost. is the nature of the tournament. the two highest rated RPI conferences have underperformed the most. Its comes down to match ups and the Big East teams didn't show up (except Butler who fought real hard). The least expected team is in the Sweet16. over seeded? no at all. over rated? based on these losses, yes. based on their season body of work they were not overrated

Reaction Score
yeah. they lost. is the nature of the tournament. the two highest rated RPI conferences have underperformed the most. Its comes down to match ups and the Big East teams didn't show up (except Butler who fought real hard). The least expected team is in the Sweet16. over seeded? no at all. over rated? based on these losses, yes. based on their season body of work they were not overrated
The NBE fell flat on its face again when it matted. Nova proved to be a product of an average league, again. List me all the good teams they beat OOC? VCU was the only team who made the tournament that they played OOC. 1 whole team. Providence played 2. Not hard to rack up wins and inflate your RPI when you play NIT and CBI teams.

Reaction Score
Providence fans thought UConn would falter when Calhoun retired. Then Ollie won a title.

They think Cooley is "the guy". He's not. He's an okay division one basketball coach. Nothing more.

They puffed out their chests for their conference affiliation and getting into the Tournament. Then, like they always do, gagged on a cack.

Pardon me for not being surprised by any of this.

Reaction Score
The NBE fell flat on its face again when it matted. Nova proved to be a product of an average league, again. List me all the good teams they beat OOC? VCU was the only team who made the tournament that they played OOC. 1 whole team. Providence played 2. Not hard to rack up wins and inflate your RPI when you play NIT and CBI teams.

Its hard for me to see how a 31-2 team can be overrated (#1 seed) playing in a major conference like the Big East. I definitely think that they were deserving of the seeding based on their conference record. You are pointing out their OOC schedule which I agree is far from impressive but they definitely defeated a heck lot of top 50 teams in conference play which is definitely enough to get you a #1 seed on any given year if you are from a major conference. Now, obviously with a result like that against NC State the questions are going to come in on whether they actually deserved it, and that's fine. Did they live up to their seeding? definitely not... But did they deserved their seeding? I think so. I don't see why not. The 31-2 record is there on a strong Big East.

Providence also was deserving of a 6th seed, despite the upset. I don't see how their 22-12, RPI#25 (and a highlight OOC win against Notre Dame) is not enough to get them in comfortably into the NCAAs.

I would like to ask you if you think that Virginia was deserving of a #2 seed? I definitely think they are despite the upset loss. They won the ACC regular season and had a great record in a major conference. The body of work was there. I don't understand how an upset in the NCAA tournament disqualifies a teams body of work prior to the tournament

Reaction Score
Its hard for me to see how a 31-2 team can be overrated (#1 seed) playing in a major conference like the Big East. I definitely think that they were deserving of the seeding based on their conference record. You are pointing out their OOC schedule which I agree is far from impressive but they definitely defeated a heck lot of top 50 teams in conference play which is definitely enough to get you a #1 seed on any given year if you are from a major conference. Now, obviously with a result like that against NC State the questions are going to come in on whether they actually deserved it, and that's fine. Did they live up to their seeding? definitely not... But did they deserved their seeding? I think so. I don't see why not. The 31-2 record is there on a strong Big East.

Providence also was deserving of a 6th seed, despite the upset. I don't see how their 22-12, RPI#25 (and a highlight OOC win against Notre Dame) is not enough to get them in comfortably into the NCAAs.

I would like to ask you if you think that Virginia was deserving of a #2 seed? I definitely think they are despite the upset loss. They won the ACC regular season and had a great record in a major conference. The body of work was there. I don't understand how an upset in the NCAA tournament disqualifies a teams body of work prior to the tournament
I do not think Nova was over seeded, I would had them as a 2 and Zona as 1, but that splitting hairs, I think they were vastly over rated in the fact people actually thought they were anywhere near the same level as the top teams. They won a lot of games against very average teams.

Again, the RPI is a joke, their was clearly inflated by playing average teams in the OOC and beating most of them which inflated the entire conferences RPIs. PC lost to Brown and BC and had 12 loses and got a 6 seed, which is a joke considering there was 7 -11 seeds who were much better than them and had better resumes. Gtown was the ultimate joke of a seed.

You sat here and told us over and over again about how great the NBE and how great Nova is when a lot of people who watched the games and saw the conference has maybe 1 1st round prospect told you Nova is very overrated and so is the NBE. Not hard to see who was right.

Reaction Score
Villanova was not overrated. Virginia was not overrated.

People need to stop taking one game and thinking that it explains an entire season - it's so simple-minded.
So Nova and their 0 NBA prospects and NCSS of 71 with playing 1 tournament team in the OOC was not overrated as the number 2 seed overall and top 5 national ranking?

Sure.............

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Villanova was not overrated. Virginia was not overrated.

People need to stop taking one game and thinking that it explains an entire season - it's so simple-minded.
And people should stop thinking that we are anything but simple-minded! It would explain a lot of things.

Reaction Score
So Nova and their 0 NBA prospects and NCSS of 71 with playing 1 tournament team in the OOC was not overrated as the number 2 seed overall and top 5 national ranking?

Sure...

What does the number of NBA prospects have to do with tournament seeding?

Reaction Score
What does the number of NBA prospects have to do with tournament seeding?
I said they were not over seeded, but they overated that they were viewed as a legit top 5 team who many picked to go to the final four.

They were a decent team, but they are not on the same level as a UK , Wisky, Zona, UVA (healthy), Zaga, Oklahoma, ect, ect.

Reaction Score
I do not think Nova was over seeded, I would had them as a 2 and Zona as 1, but that splitting hairs, I think they were vastly over rated in the fact people actually thought they were anywhere near the same level as the top teams. They won a lot of games against very average teams.

Again, the RPI is a joke, their was clearly inflated by playing average teams in the OOC and beating most of them which inflated the entire conferences RPIs. PC lost to Brown and BC and had 12 loses and got a 6 seed, which is a joke considering there was 7 -11 seeds who were much better than them and had better resumes. Gtown was the ultimate joke of a seed.

You sat here and told us over and over again about how great the NBE and how great Nova is when a lot of people who watched the games and saw the conference has maybe 1 1st round prospect told you Nova is very overrated and so is the NBE. Not hard to see who was right.

My opinion of the Big East hasn't changed at all. It was a superb league hanging on the top 2-4 leagues in the country. Did they perform the way it should've been expected of them after a great regular season? Definitely didn't. but that doesn't erase the victories over the ACC, B10, A-10, AAC, PAc-12 that the league had throughout the year. Again, the Big East played a great OOC schedule overall and beat some significant good teams from the major conferences. They didn't show up in the NCAA and that's fine... but to disqualify the league as you are doing its nuts.

The same thing has happened to the Big12 and I don't see anyone calling them out. NCAA Tournament is about match-ups and clearly the league didn't matchup well against their opponent.

Reaction Score
I said they were not over seeded, but they overated that they were viewed as a legit top 5 team who many picked to go to the final four.

They were a decent team, but they are not on the same level as a UK , Wisky, Zona, UVA (healthy), Zaga, Oklahoma, ect, ect.

I don't get it. Any team with a 31-2 record in a top 5 conference is always going to be considered a legitimate F4 contender. These days its basically a must. How is Villanova any different?

It's easy to point out they are not as good as Wisky, Zona, UVA, Zaga, and Oklahoma after they got upset while these teams remain in the tourney. But that was the same Oklahoma team that had 10 losses throughout the year with loses to Creighton, Washington, and Kansas State. Wisconsin with an ugly loss to Rutgers, Zags who lost to BYU (they lost their first round matchup to Ole Miss), and Zona who lost to OSU, AzSt and UNLV. All these teams had similar resumes to Villanova. I don't see how Villanova is any less deserving of their seeding or how they were overrated

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
This is my adopted team at the moment. Kinda feel for them considering how bleh they have been. They can make some noise in the tourney.
Can you adopt Kentucky? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky