OT: Providence | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Providence

Status
Not open for further replies.

caw

Reaction Score

Chukwu did, though I'm honestly surprised UConn even made his final three. He was going Catholic all the way.

You guys did get Austin, congrats on that one

Dunn never had the choice.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
UConn literally did not have an available scholarship.

caw

Reaction Score

Seriously go count UConns scholarships when Dunn signed. UConn was on reduced scholarships.

Boat
Daniels

Napier
Smith
Wolf
Lamb
Giffey
Bradley
Olander

Oriakhi

Calhoun (verballed June 10th, 2011).

UConn had a 3 scholarship reduction prior to 2011-2012 season.

Plus Drummond joined officially August 26th 2011, and the staff had been in discussions with him prior.

Dunn verballed August 21st, 2011. UConn had no spot for him. Before Calhoun verballed Dunn was about 50-50 on PC and UConn (from what I have heard from a family member of his (take what you want).

Reaction Score
Because Uconn obviously needed Dunn to win their 4th national championship. Maybe he can help pc win their 4th ncaa tournament game in the past 1000 years.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score

He walked on. Wolf & Giffey were both Germans on scholarship.

caw

Reaction Score

It was misreported that Bradley (not a German) gave up his scholarship for Drummond. So you are forgiven on that account.

Reaction Score

As much as you're on here you would've read it for sure.

Anyway who really cares about whether we wanted Dunn 10 years ago? Moot point, between injuries and not being as good as Bazz and Boat this would have been his only decent year and he would've shared it with Boat. It all worked out for the best - NEXT. Go try to win a NCAA game today, good luck and have fun today.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Surprised that you never heard that since it was presented in this forum and you lurk here frequently. Obviously not frequently enough although many here would disagree with me.

As you say Dunn would have come but the scholarship wasn't available. Andre was unique in that he was willing to play as a walk on even though he passed up a scholarship to many universities. Nothing insidious about that. JC could have almost doubled his contract two years after the first NC by heading to South Carolina but didn't.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
As much as you're on here you would've read it for sure.

Anyway who really cares about whether we wanted Dunn 10 years ago? Moot point, between injuries and not being as good as Bazz and Boat this would have been his only decent year and he would've shared it with Boat. It all worked out for the best - NEXT. Go try to win a NCAA game today, good luck and have fun today.
LOL. Great minds think alike.

Reaction Score
For FriarJ: I wanted Dunn, I wish we had Dunn and PC was much better then UCONN this year. I have no problem with any of it. I'm just telling you, Dunn couldn't come here, there was no room. Further, if it weren't for sanctions and bad press, I'm pretty sure we would have made room for him but it was just a bad time to pull something like that.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
gvESp1Q.jpg

Reaction Score
Dunn is dynamic and one of the best players in the country, I'm pretty sure all UConn fans wish we had him but there simply wasn't a spot for him. I'm rooting for Dunn and Providence in the tournament, Ed Cooley is a great coach and a good person.

Reaction Score
UConn literally did not have an available scholarship.
Guys, you should know better than this....you're dealing with Providence fans, when have logic and fact ever been considered by them?? They come over to this board because they actually think they are superior to us. Don't you remember in 2004 when they couldn't stop talking about how they beat us? You know, the year that we won our 2nd NC.....and 7 years after the last time they won an NCAA game??? Quit while your're behind, it only leaves these idiots longer to linger on our board.

BTW, I would root for Duke over PC just because of these two imbeciles.

Reaction Score
Guys, you should know better than this....you're dealing with Providence fans, when have logic and fact ever been considered by them?? They come over to this board because they actually think they are superior to us.

This thread was an invitation for them to come post. Hell the title was a siren for them. We can't blame them for posting or say they are not wanted here when they were 'invited'.

Its like hanging a piece of meat in front of a hungry lion.

The bigger question is why the hell is the OP even thinking about peecee in March?

Reaction Score
This thread was an invitation for them to come post. Hell the title was a siren for them. We can't blame them for posting or say they are not wanted here when they were 'invited'.

Its like hanging a piece of meat in front of a hungry lion.

The bigger question is why the hell is the OP even thinking about peecee in March?
good point.....any time PC is even referenced on our board it gives them the opportunity to come running over and say "look at us....we're relevant!!"

Reaction Score
Couldn't care less about Providence, but I am rooting for Kris Dunn to play well

Reaction Score
Providence sucked ass yesterday. jesuuus. I guess they are not destined to win NCAA tournament games. what a shame. I though they had a good chance to advance to even the Sweet 16.

All the providence fans are quiet today. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky