OT: Peter Tork...Former Monkee RIP. | The Boneyard

OT: Peter Tork...Former Monkee RIP.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
RIP, Peter. Have to add some Monkees to the playlist.

Reaction Score
I’m not that old but I do remember watching the reruns when I was like 10 in the mid 80s

Reaction Score
RIP Peter - all the girls loved Davey but I was a Micky Dolenz fan myself. Peter was kind of Dorky. Watched the show religiously when I was a kid - they were all the rage with preteen girls. 'Tiger Beat' magazine was it for hot young stars.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Is it weird that the first two Monkees songs that come to mind are, "I Wanna Buy Me a Dog" and "Zilch" instead of, you know, hits?

RIP Peter. You had the best hair of the lot.

Reaction Score
Monkees were never on MTV. I am 65 and loved this show . They did fast action romps to their songs . ,Very similar to the beatle romps in a hard days night.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
His father was a dean.in the Liberal Arts College. I think he was an economist. First guy to address my freshman class during orientation The real last name was
Torkelson. RIP Peter.

Do you have any idea if they might have been related to Eric Torkelson, who was the starting tailback on the football team for a couple of seasons in the early 70's, and later played several seasons for the Packers. Eric was my lab partner in Geology 101, or, as it was always affectionately known, "Rocks for Jocks."

UConnNick

Reaction Score
Isn't Peter's mother the one who invented what came to be known as "Liquid Paper"?

UConnNick

Reaction Score
That was the mom of the guitar player, Michael Nesmith.

Thanks. I knew it was one of them, but I could never remember which one.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Do you have any idea if they might have been related to Eric Torkelson, who was the starting tailback on the football team for a couple of seasons in the early 70's, and later played several seasons for the Packers. Eric was my lab partner in Geology 101, or, as it was always affectionately known, "Rocks for Jocks."
Don’t believe so but I’m not sure. Eric had the best balance I remember that initially he was mostly just used on kick returns but he was clearly a top notch back.

Reaction Score
Was very fortunate to be in his back-up band for a charity event about 10 ish years ago. He was a really interesting guy and a very, very talented musician. RIP

UConnNick

Reaction Score
Don’t believe so but I’m not sure. Eric had the best balance I remember that initially he was mostly just used on kick returns but he was clearly a top notch back.

Eric's senior year was 1973. I think he rushed for 1,233 yards. That team was 8-2-1, one of the best records we ever had during the post WWII era. He had an amazing game that season against Rutgers at Memorial Stadium. They had an All-American running back named J.J. Jennings. Eric outdid him, almost single handedly keeping the ball away from Rutgers, protecting a 20-19 lead for most of the fourth quarter. We eventually scored the clinching TD with less than a minute left after running about 12 or 13 minutes off the clock, almost all Torkelson carries.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom