OT- Penn State to get Hammer of Thor Dropped on them | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT- Penn State to get Hammer of Thor Dropped on them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I never said that the profit was not routed to the other teams. I stated that PSU football is responsible for 50M in revenue plus donations (e.g. just like the money we received from Burton, etc.) The endowment is what it is, 1.8B. How much of that is Happy Valley? Can we agree on 60% or higher? They stand to lose a lot of money in civil suits. Also don't forget about the cost of litigation and all of the associated ediscovery costs. That alone could exceed 100M for 10+ lawsuits. Nothing is off-limits once judgement's are handed down. PSU will likely look to settle out of court. No way a public institution can add a surcharge for pedophile cost containment, that's silly to suggest.

They are absolutely liable for lawsuits. I'm just saying that the NCAA should not get involved with PSU's budget.

A public institution won't add a surcharge for the Sandusky fallout? Of course it will. It has no choice.

Reaction Score
30-60M is one year or less of Football net income and less than 1 year of revenue.

The Penn State football team is the third most profitable program in all of college sports. In the 2009-10 academic year, the Penn State football program
produced $70.2 million in revenue and a profit of $50.4 million

I'm shaking my head here. We're saying the school is obligated by federal law to take that income and spend it elsewhere. Therefore, the NCAA payment comes from the academic side.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
30-60M is one year or less of Football net income and less than 1 year of revenue.

The Penn State football team is the third most profitable program in all of college sports. In the 2009-10 academic year, the Penn State football program
produced $70.2 million in revenue and a profit of $50.4 million

$30MM is one year of Big 10 TV revenue. It's basically telling Penn State that for one year, they have to be a MAC team, but the money will be back after that.

That penalty is a JOKE. If that is the "Hammer of Thor", why not just let Sandusky rape a kid on the BTN in primetime while wearing a Penn State football helmet and giving the camera the finger.

Anything other than the death penalty for Penn State puts the NCAA's relevance as an enforcement authority in jeopardy.

Reaction Score
Anything less then multiple years of 50% scholly reduction, including multiple years of bowl prohibition will be a relief for PSU and a disappointment to many, self included. And I expect a big deal (mostly talk and promises) for 1 year and then double-secret probation or some kind of financial payoff. I hope I'm wrong.

Reaction Score
why not just let Sandusky rape a kid on the BTN in primetime while wearing a Penn State football helmet and giving the camera the finger.

My God - you really need attention, don't you? This line went WAAAAAY too far. Apparently this is still a sports issue, in your mind - because I just can't imagine how anyone could post that otherwise.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
PSU should do the right thing and abolish football. Football has made the place a corrupt sewer. UVT and BU discontinued football and became stronger academically.

Reaction Score
They are absolutely liable for lawsuits. I'm just saying that the NCAA should not get involved with PSU's budget.

A public institution won't add a surcharge for the Sandusky fallout? Of course it will. It has no choice.

Damn!! We agree on item 1. No way on item 2.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
PSU should do the right thing and abolish football. Football has made the place a corrupt sewer. UVT and BU discontinued football and became stronger academically.

The problem is that football had never dominated the cultures of those two universities the way it did and does at Penn State....which unfortunately is why this all happened in the first place.

Reaction Score
$30MM is one year of Big 10 TV revenue. It's basically telling Penn State that for one year, they have to be a MAC team, but the money will be back after that.

That penalty is a JOKE. If that is the "Hammer of Thor", why not just let Sandusky rape a kid on the BTN in primetime while wearing a Penn State football helmet and giving the camera the finger.

Anything other than the death penalty for Penn State puts the NCAA's relevance as an enforcement authority in jeopardy.

Sorry guys but Nelson is right (wow). The visual he provides, while bizarre and not needed, would be a an accurate representation of the outcome. PSU wins, they they are slapping backs and smoking cigars in Happy Valley. Let's see what happens tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Damn!! We agree on item 1. No way on item 2.

Then where is the money going to come from? Hobbled football, take a 20% chunk away from it right off, B10 will take a cut, and they don't even make a profit now after paying for sports. It's coming from academics (i.e. the general budget, mainly tuition).

Reaction Score
You know the really odd thing about this statement that the sanctions will be worse than the death penalty (without of course hitting them with the death penalty)? If it were true, PSU could choose not to comply with the NCAA. How? By giving themselves the death penalty!!!

Reaction Score
You know the really odd thing about this statement that the sanctions will be worse than the death penalty (without of course hitting them with the death penalty)? If it were true, PSU could choose not to comply with the NCAA. How? By giving themselves the death penalty!!!
i think we are to the point where your credibility on this topic is approaching zero.

Reaction Score
i think we are to the point where your credibility on this topic is approaching zero.

I think we are at the point where you should STFU! LOL.... Advice from a Bernie Fine defender. Precious.

Not only that, but you clearly don't have the brain power to understand what I wrote.

The sanctions will not be as debilitating as the death penalty--very obviously.

Reaction Score
sarcasm01.jpg

Reaction Score
I think we are at the point where you should STFU! LOL.... Advice from a Bernie Fine defender. Precious.

Not only that, but you clearly don't have the brain power to understand what I wrote.

The sanctions will not be as debilitating as the death penalty--very obviously.
i'm saying you have zero credibility. you have been wrong in basically every way regarding penn state. you have been wrong in every way trying to compare bernie fine to sandusky. you don't have a leg to stand on. i will refrain from personal attacks, but you have not been right in any way.

Reaction Score
i'm saying you have zero credibility. you have been wrong in basically every way regarding penn state. you have been wrong in every way trying to compare bernie fine to sandusky. you don't have a leg to stand on. i will refrain from personal attacks, but you have not been right in any way.

I didn't compare Fine to Sandusky. But since you mention it, they are both pedophiles. I only said a pedophile defender was commenting about my credibility. Which is funny. Beyond that, credibility really has nothing to do with posting on the internet. Lastly, I fail to see how anything I wrote was wrong. So, you're saying PSU should not get the death penalty? Interesting. But I guess not surprising, given your defense of Fine.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I didn't compare Fine to Sandusky. But since you mention it, they are both pedophiles. I only said a pedophile defender was commenting about my credibility. Which is funny. Beyond that, credibility really has nothing to do with posting on the internet. Lastly, I fail to see how anything I wrote was wrong. So, you're saying PSU should not get the death penalty? Interesting. But I guess not surprising, given your defense of Fine.

How about we agree that you both sound completely preposterous defending the hiding of known, documented pedophiles, mmk?

Reaction Score
Been reading tons of articles about this "punishment" this morning.

The consensus seems to be that the only thing unprecedented about this will be the dollar amount of the fine.

Other than that everyone expects a punishment just a tick worse than what Bama got about ten years ago. If this is true then I expect the rage and backlash will be unprecedented.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
If it were true, PSU could choose not to comply with the NCAA. How? By giving themselves the death penalty!!!

Why would anyone expect PSU to do the right thing now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom