OT: Paul White to Georgetown | The Boneyard

OT: Paul White to Georgetown

Status
Not open for further replies.

pj

Reaction Score
Too bad, I wanted him. Why do you consider this off topic?

Reaction Score
This is definitely a kid who isn't afraid of competition, because they have 3 guys in front of him. Bizarre.

Reaction Score
Have to land Robinson, this recruiting period has turned awful.

#AAC

Reaction Score
Have to land Robinson, this recruiting period has turned awful.

#AAC

White was simply not recruited with anywhere near the intensity that G'town recruited him. Would have been great to have him here, but there's a reason G'town nabbed him despite the fact they had others at his position. They put in the work and made him the priority. That makes a difference to a lot of kids.

Reaction Score
White was simply not recruited with anywhere near the intensity that G'town recruited him. Would have been great to have him here, but there's a reason G'town nabbed him despite the fact they had others at his position. They put in the work and made him the priority. That makes a difference to a lot of kids.

So who has the staff put in the appropriate time with? Not that I expected to land White, but being on guys list and hearing how good a guy Coach Ollie is before kids go elsewhere may make some on this board feel good, but not me. This is a result oriented business(yes, it is a business), and outside of Hamilton which was a huge get, 2014 is shaping up without much promise. Robinson has become an absolute must. The more time we spend in the AAC and the more time we drift away from the Calhoun era, the more difficult this staff may have achieving UConn's past standards .

Reaction Score
Just look at this: http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/school/_/id/46/class/2014/georgetown-hoyas

Then scroll to 2013 and 2012.

2012: Stephen Domingo (top 100) SF, Brandon Bolden PF
2013: Reggie Cameron PF
2014: Isaac Copeland (top 100) PF, LJ Peak (top 100) SF, Paul White (top 100) SF

Thompson is doing some really good work with these recruits, and he was doing as well the last few years. But he has 6 guys for 2 positions. I don't think any of these kids can play SG.

I'm scratching my head here.

6 kids for 2 positions.

Reaction Score
So who has the staff put in the appropriate time with? Not that I expected to land White, but being on guys list and hearing how good a guy Coach Ollie is before kids go elsewhere may make some on this board feel good, but not me. This is a result oriented business(yes, it is a business), and outside of Hamilton which was a huge get, 2014 is shaping up without much promise. Robinson has become an absolute must.

The staff was hamstrung for much of the summer. Remember what Abu said about UConn not contacting him?

Since you ask however: Abu, Robinson, Hamilton, Kelly Oubre, Brandone Francis, Chukwu, and maybe McGlaughlin.

They were late on White, Bonzie Colson and Larrier. Late on Newberry too.

Snider is obviously a special case because of his decommitment.

Reaction Score
I think the rise of technology and access to information has built unreasonable expectations among fans. We have two 5*'s already, how is that drifting away from the calhoun era? robinsons a must get because you like his highlight video? FOH. if we get that juco pg we'll be stacked. You don't sign everybody you recruit

Reaction Score
The staff was hamstrung for much of the summer. Remember what Abu said about UConn not contacting him?

Since you ask however: Abu, Robinson, Hamilton, Kelly Oubre, Brandone Francis, Chukwu, and maybe McGlaughlin.

They were late on White, Bonzie Colson and Larrier. Late on Newberry too.

Snider is obviously a special case because of his decommitment.

Hamstrung or not, landing 1 guy when a team has multiple needs is not a recipe for success. Just saying. Again, getting Robinson coupled with Newberry late, can change things around here in a hurry. Until then, I hold my breath.

Reaction Score
I think the rise of technology and access to information has built unreasonable expectations among fans. We have two 5*'s already, how is that drifting away from the calhoun era? robinsons a must get because you like his highlight video? FOH. if we get that juco pg we'll be stacked. You don't sign everybody you recruit

You know less about that Juco pg than we know about Robinson. How are we stacked? We have a young, very unproven frontcourt. Our top PG may actually be a better two guard. Unreasonable expectations? This is UConn. I read posts that we are elite. Have you seen the classes other "elite" programs land year in and year out. Mulitple 4 - 5 stars. That's what UConn needs. That is not unreasonable with four final fours and three national championships in the last 15 years. That should be the norm.

Reaction Score
How about signing anybody , were getting out recruited by pc and s/hall.

Reaction Score
So who has the staff put in the appropriate time with? Not that I expected to land White, but being on guys list and hearing how good a guy Coach Ollie is before kids go elsewhere may make some on this board feel good, but not me. This is a result oriented b
usiness(yes, it is a business), and outside of Hamilton which was a huge get, 2014 is shaping up without much promise. Robinson has become an absolute must. The more time we spend in the AAC and the more time we drift away from the Calhoun era, the more difficult this staff may have achieving UConn's past standards .

We've pulled in two 5 star recruits for 2014 and we're still in the mix for another in Devin Robinson. We're looking good with Jeff Newberry and the staff has been watching Jabari Craig and Ray Kasongo recently. Kasongo recently went off for 24 points 15 rebounds and 7 blocks against Mac Irvin Fire, playing against Jahlil Okafor and Cliff Alexander. The staff is also in early on a lot of big time 2o15 prospects AND we'll have the practice facility built by then.

Kemba was barely top 100 (if he was even top 100) at the beginning of his senior year. Some kids will be making huge jumps and some kids will be falling down the rankings. The sky isn't falling because we've missed on several top 50 guys. Uconn has NEVER been a recruiting powerhouse like Duke/Kentucky/UNC. We've always had to mix in 5 stars with some developing players. But if we do get Devin Robinson, which I feel we have a good chance, then that is three 5-star recruits in a single class which is incredible no matter who you are, save Kentucky.

Reaction Score
Dunn, Iverson and Chukwu, last 3 years, best players in ct. Where are they now? We didn't get any of them ! But we got excuses. Dunn we didn't need, but now were desperately trying to get a point guard. Iverson was a bad student, but he 's eligible and the pf we got Facey is not. Chukwu we didn't go after early enough because he wasn't good enough but we went after a 2 star center from Fl, Brimah, while Chukwu is now a 4 star center from ? CT But of course we have excuses, it's not like we lost them to Kentucky or Duke, schools we almost always lose players to. Now we lose them to pc, S hall ect. Pc couldn't beat SYR, NCST, OKST, for players but they beat us. Gtown has 5 sf/pf , we have 1, they get P White! We were elite, not anymore. We might have had Iverson and chuckwu and Dunn instead we have Brimah and Facey ( not eligible ). Wolf, Fab Melo similar arrests, Melo's was worse, he didn't miss a game, Wolf scholarship get's yanked. Player already on the team, gone. Nobody good coming in (bigs). It's not like any one is impressed with this move,SYR is where we want to be, NC is not getting thrown out of ACC for scandals , they want to win, and they do, people are ok with it. We are having a hard time getting players and keeping them . Just saying.

Reaction Score
Prepare to be saying 'next' over the next 2 weeks.

Reaction Score
As bossi said at tos. Ollie had a huge net and so we where bound to lose a few. People chill

Reaction Score
Just look at this: http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/school/_/id/46/class/2014/georgetown-hoyas

Then scroll to 2013 and 2012.

2012: Stephen Domingo (top 100) SF, Brandon Bolden PF
2013: Reggie Cameron PF
2014: Isaac Copeland (top 100) PF, LJ Peak (top 100) SF, Paul White (top 100) SF

Thompson is doing some really good work with these recruits, and he was doing as well the last few years. But he has 6 guys for 2 positions. I don't think any of these kids can play SG.

I'm scratching my head here.

6 kids for 2 positions.

Domingo and LJ Peak can both slide to the SG position on occasion, We were recruiting Peak as a SG(athletic slasher but not a great shooter). Copeland will end up a SF at GTown. Bolden has transferred to Kansas State.

Reaction Score
Hamstrung or not, landing 1 guy when a team has multiple needs is not a recipe for success. Just saying. Again, getting Robinson coupled with Newberry late, can change things around here in a hurry. Until then, I hold my breath.

Luckily this isn't football where players take years to develop into starting positions. A kid like Napier can cover over your point guard deficiencies for 4 years--with a little luck.

Reaction Score
You know less about that Juco pg than we know about Robinson. How are we stacked? We have a young, very unproven frontcourt. Our top PG may actually be a better two guard. Unreasonable expectations? This is UConn. I read posts that we are elite. Have you seen the classes other "elite" programs land year in and year out. Mulitple 4 - 5 stars. That's what UConn needs. That is not unreasonable with four final fours and three national championships in the last 15 years. That should be the norm.

UConn has never had those classes in the past.

Reaction Score
Domingo and LJ Peak can both slide to the SG position on occasion, We were recruiting Peak as a SG(athletic slasher but not a great shooter). Copeland will end up a SF at GTown. Bolden has transferred to Kansas State.

UConn was recruiting Peak as well. He's not going to be a SG. He doesn't have the handle AND people here know I was very high on the kid. He is a slasher ala Larrier. As for Domingo, he's 6'8" and I highly doubt he can play SG, but then again, he's not going to get the chance with his classmate D'Vauntes Smith-Rivera.

White simply isn't going to get the playing time he wants. You're going to move SFs to SG when DSR is playing there? How is that going to happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom