OT - Paul Pierce on Ray Allen | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT - Paul Pierce on Ray Allen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I threw up in my mouth reading this. It sounds like it was written by a teenage girl about her crush. Amazing that that's what you were thinking reading that article.

hahaha, hilarious read. Classic Big Ern big-leagueing, never ceases to amaze

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
FALSE - I lived in McMahon 5th floor with Cliff 1st semester of his freshman year. Cliff's roommate was Spider. I don't think Spider was in the band ;)
My opinion is Cliff was a nice enough guy. He's recognized me the two times I've bumped into him since. Plenty of people that hung with Cliff at Ted's will vouch for him except maybe the guy Cliff hit with a dart one time...

Sorry: TRUE.

Oh, I'm pretty sure the guy was his roommate at some point their freshman year - dude was definitely on the level. I lived in McMahon 5th floor two years afterwards and folks were still swapping war stories about it.

If I recall correctly, Cliff got a new roommate at some point that year (the guy in the band switched out). @epark88 was this the case?

Yes, they didn't make it through the academic year. Maybe he was in a triple with Cliff and Spider and he just left, I dunno.

By the way, the guy's name is Eric and he's a major bigwig in the Kappa Kappa Psi fraternity these days. Seek him out and get the story direct from him if you like. I don't think he'd have any reason to lie about it at all...

Last edited:

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

Oh, I'm pretty sure the guy was his roommate at some point their freshman year - dude was definitely on the level. I lived in McMahon 5th floor two years afterwards and folks were still swapping war stories about it.

Yes, they didn't make it through the academic year. Maybe he was in a triple with Cliff and Spider and he just left, I dunno.

By the way, the guy's name is Eric and he's a major bigwig in the Kappa Kappa Psi fraternity these days. Seek him out and get the story direct from him if you like. I don't think he'd have any reason to lie about it all...

I had dinner with Eric in September. That's why I know all this stuff. I wasn't even alive back then :cool:

Reaction Score

By the way, the guy's name is Eric and he's a major bigwig in the Kappa Kappa Psi fraternity these days. Seek him out and get the story direct from him if you like. I don't think he'd have any reason to lie about it all...

Oh man, Eric Morson?

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Yes, Eric Morson.

His reputation precedes him, apparently. You know him?...

Reaction Score
Regarding the Pierce-Lebron comments, here is the way it appeared in the article:

"I always say I wish I was in my prime matching up against LeBron,'' said Pierce, grinning. "Let's see how many championships he would have won then.''

The writer included "grinning" to let the audience know that Pierce wasn't 100% super serious when he said this.

The other thing to consider is that Lebron has won 2 championships, so far. How many could Pierce have prevented? One? Both? It's seems kind of silly in that context. It's not like he was saying he would kept Jordan or Kobe from 3 of their titles.

Reaction Score
Lebron's numbers were absolutely better than Pierce's and Lebron is the better player. Lebron also had to carry those Cleveland teams whereas Pierce had more scorers along side him. But you can watch iterviews of Lebron saying Pierce was his toughest matchup on both ends during those seasons. If that means everyone is holding Lebron's jock then so be it.

Do you really think there would be that much of a difference if they switched teams? I'm not talking about point totals when I say how much better LeBron was or is, but mostly his efficiency stats. If he played on a better team and Pierce played on a worse team I think there would be even more of a discrepancy. That's what makes LeBron so good. He was playing with guys like Sasha Pavlovic and Anthony Parker and still putting up great numbers. Not quite like Iverson's Sixers, but pretty close.

Reaction Score
Again, not saying Pierce is better than Lebron. Lebron is a top 5 player all time. Just saying that in no way does a first ballot hall of famer, NBA finals MVP and all time leading scorer for the winningest franchise in NBA history carry Lebron's jock (or not even according to super john).

Reaction Score
Just seeing his interviews and relatively generally emotionless demeanor, and read about his OCD-like need for perfection, I always got a sense that Ray might have some aspie in him.

I know LeBron loves Ray, at least as a player. Wonder how he feels about him as a person.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
As always, this deserves pictures.

Fox's babe:

Jeter's babe:
hannahd_homepage_retina.jpg

Jeter's babe in a landslide.

I'm not picky. Both please!

Reaction Score

By the way, the guy's name is Eric and he's a major bigwig in the Kappa Kappa Psi fraternity these days. Seek him out and get the story direct from him if you like. I don't think he'd have any reason to lie about it at all...
I think there were two triples on the floor, but I don't think Cliffy was in either. I recall there were two rooms of hoop players at least initially, they were on the opposite side of the floor from me. It was a co-ed floor (one triple was guys, one girls).
It is possible that Eric is telling the truth or exaggerating, I don't know & don't remember him. Good fact check is there was a girl on the floor named Bridget (short blond-ish hair, very petite) that secretly dated one of the other bball players. Name him.

Reaction Score
I went to school with Ray Allen at UCONN and he has always been a little self absorbed and conceited guy from all accounts of people that knew him well on campus. He thinks a little too highly of himself. I saw him again after we won the Championship in Dallas and came off rude the way he said "no" when I asked him to take a pic with him. None if the other UCONN guys including Richard Hamilton, Scott Burrell, Natambu W., Khalid El Amin and even Donny Marshall(who seems a little stuck up) were rude like him. I mean he could at least said "sorry" first and his body language was so negative.
I'm not surprise with PP's remarks about Ray only being about himself. No matter how he is as a person he is still a UCONN great. Just not my favorite guy.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Everyone likes to make Rondo the jerk in their relationship. Hmm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members