OT: Pats | Page 8 | The Boneyard

OT: Pats

Reaction Score
Of course you need to come up with a great game plan, but dont over think it. Teams make that mistake against the Pats (Belichick and Brady specifically). You need to punch the Pats in the mouth and do it early and often, dont play mind games with Belichick it takes you out of your element. Play football against the pats not math. The Steelers made the mistake of playing zone against Brady insead of man to man, gotta be physical with Brady and the Pats receivers. The Pats and Falcons have both jumped out to early leads this year in their games, thats going to be critical for both teams to be given a psychological edge.

You need a great pass rush to play that style of defense against the Pats, the Steelers don't have that. Just a bad matchup for them.

Reaction Score
That's what he did back in the late 2000s. The Pats of the last few years will absolutely run the clock out. They just did it on Sunday too.

That's fair enough I don't watch them every week but I've seen him do that a couple of times this year, but again sometimes you just don't like the other team and their making a point. I get it, all good here!

Reaction Score
Cam doesn't whine in games, but then he goes to the press and complains about it. As others have pointed out, he doesn't slide when he runs, and also doesn't go down when he's clearly about to be sacked. Once a QB is a runner, they are like any other runner unless they slide.
I'm no Cam fan but it's ridiculous the way refs treat him.

Reaction Score
I do have to account for the possibility that New England and Atlanta are simply better than I thought. The Eric Rowe trade is an example of a trade that looked bad at the time and so much worse now. Only the Eagles, SMH.

For what it's worth, I am not an Eric Rowe fan. He needs more than half a season o get into the speed of things, but he gets picked on quite a bit. I'm not sure if Atlanta runs the kind of offense with a lot of rubs and pick plays, but Rowe is almost never in the right place for those.

Reaction Score
Bill went through 6 QB's before TB and never came close to the level of success.

Very true. With Bledsoe, Belichick went 5-13, and then traded Bledsoe, who went on to throw for 15,000 yards elsewhere.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Pittsburgh media has been a hoot last 36 hours. All over Roethlisberger for being a diva.
- suggesting he's retiring to take focus off his postgame comments which threw teammates and coaches under bus
- claiming he's more successful than Brady on QB sneaks, but couldn't overrule Haley's goal line calls due to "the goalline package" (which included 3 TEs)

Brady worship is at an all time high here - and this is a city that hates Brady and Bill.

Reaction Score
Pats are great , Brad's the best and Bill is even better. We good? And I am serious not making fun of the Pats they're great but this thread for 2 weeks seriously?

Move this the OP should've started in one of the other forums anyway.
I didn't see you complaining about the Giants thread that was started on this board about two months ago. Or the pizza thread. Or the best beer thread. Etc, etc. that's why I put the OT in front of it. You really are a whiny bitch.

Reaction Score
Well, they were actually up on the Dolphins by 24--and ended up having to make a goal line stand to preserve the victory.

Unless there are 5 minutes left, and you're ahead by 3 scores, I want my team pressing. I've seen those comebacks happen once every 5 years. Brady by the way, in 2007 (since you're referencing the year they ran on the Bills on 4th down rather than kick a field goal [always a good discussion whether running on 4th rather than taking a 3 is"classier"]), was pulled from games much quicker than Peyton Manning was the prior year when the Colts lead the league in points scored and Manning had 49 TD passes. No hue and cry then.

Not too long ago, I was re-watching a college football game from the mid 90s. During the halftime show, a big topic was running up the score, brought about by FSU beating some team by 40 or so. It was treated as a serious topic. There was a lot of hand wringing about what a terrible message it sent and how it shouldn't happen. Fast forward 20 years and teams with very good offenses are winning games are blowing people out on a weekly basis; 70-14, 63-3, 52-7, 71-7, 66-7, 70-21, 63-7, etc. Now, though, there are no debates about running up the score. Those results are just part of the landscape. You look at women's basketball and you see UConn routinely winning by 40 or 50. The Baylor women have beaten a couple teams by 100 or more this season. Yet, you never hear complaints from the pundits that they are running it up. Somehow, though, it keeps coming up in the NFL, even the competitors are participating in the toughest sport and are well compensated for doing so. Pro football should be the last place you hearing complaining about running up the score.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Somehow, though, it keeps coming up in the NFL, even the competitors are participating in the toughest sport and are well compensated for doing so. Pro football should be the last place you hearing complaining about running up the score.

My thing is, with the way the NFL is geared towards the offense nowadays, teams can put up 21pts in the blink of an eye. You gotta really put teams away.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Brady's worst season, in my opinion, was 2008 when he was fixated on throwing deep post routes to an often covered Moss, and ignored wide open receivers all over the field. I screamed at him all year long. His greatest strength is seeing the field, recognizing the uncovered receiver and delivering it to him. You will see several guys be the leading receiver during the season when he's playing well. Last week was Hogan. Next week, who knows?

2009? 2008 was a bust.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom