OT: Pats fans do it again..... | The Boneyard

OT: Pats fans do it again.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
..................and the owner of the team they love that has brought them unprecedented levels of success is named as a co-defendant with the NFL.

The suit criticizes Kraft for not fighting the league's punishments harder.

"Defendant Robert Kraft had remedies to attempt to get plaintiffs' draft pick back, but he chose his fellow billionaire owners above the plaintiffs and fellow fans,'' the suit said.

Holy el oh el - Their own team is going to start despising their own fans too. What a great day.

Last edited:

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Not sure how anyone who grasps facts and science can think the Pats deserved to lose that draft pick. LOL Jets/Giants homers.

Well apparently Kraft didnt think it malicious enough to fight it.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Didn't the Patriots agree to the loss of the draft pick?

PS - Get this out of your system before upstater wakes up and sees this thread. We're not going 85 pages on this one, so hurry and say what you're gonna say.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
PS - Get this out of your system before upstater wakes up and sees this thread. We're not going 85 pages on this one, so hurry and say what you're gonna say.
I'm guessing we've got some time to play with here; I'm sure he's sleeping in after a few all-nighters spent putting together that complaint.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score

But you can't hold a whole boneyard responsible for the behavior of a few, sick twisted individuals. For if you do, then shouldn't we blame the whole boneyard system? And if the whole boneyard system is guilty, then isn't this an indictment of our blogging institutions in general? I put it to you, Fishy - isn't this an indictment of our entire American society? Well, you can do whatever you want to us, but we're not going to sit here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America. Gentlemen!

Reaction Score
Yeah, I'm not talking about the politics of the situation, just what actually happened with the footballs. I'm a Bears fan, so I don't care either way, it's just funny to me.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
So now being disillusioned is grounds for a lawsuit?

brb, going to sue the Mets for years of torture
Knicks first. Decades.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
But you can't hold a whole boneyard responsible for the behavior of a few, sick twisted individuals. For if you do, then shouldn't we blame the whole boneyard system? And if the whole boneyard system is guilty, then isn't this an indictment of our blogging institutions in general? I put it to you, Fishy - isn't this an indictment of our entire American society? Well, you can do whatever you want to us, but we're not going to sit here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America. Gentlemen!
You're not walking out on anything mister. This is it. You're finished.

Last edited:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

That's disingenuous. Kraft tried to 'play nice' with the rest of the owners and Goodell, both because he had encouraged the same with the Saints (among others), and because he thought Brady was less likely to be raped by Goodell. He was wrong. And stupid imo.

Didn't the Patriots agree to the loss of the draft pick?

And that's it in a nutshell. Kraft was stupid to accept the punishment in the first place. But he accepted, so game over.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
That's disingenuous. Kraft tried to 'play nice' with the rest of the owners and Goodell, both because he had encouraged the same with the Saints (among others), and because he thought Brady was less likely to be raped by Goodell. He was wrong. And stupid imo.

And that's it in a nutshell. Kraft was stupid to accept the punishment in the first place. But he accepted, so game over.
I don't know. If he can show the league acted in bad faith and/or fraudulently (and there certainly seems to be a basis for both) then I think that there's an opportunity to set aside his original agreement.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
They were making fun of this on EEI yesterday morning and on the Thornography Blog yesterday afternoon. Apparently the filing attorney is not too bright. He's been suspended by the Maine Bar (Not sure if they mean the practicing attorney's organization or Margaritaville) on two separate occasions. Once for having “a lack of fundamental skills, competencies, and preparation in trial work in general, and criminal defense in particular.”

The attorney got into a twitter war with Jerry Thorton yesterday.

What's more humorous than anything else is that one of the defendants (Unclear from Thorton's blog if he is the plaintiff from Connecticut), is Michael R. DiMauro!!! Please @BCGenius. Say it isn't so (Is "R" your middle initial?)!!!!

Curiouser
Reaction Score

Exclusive footage of Goodell (R) and Kraft (L):

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It's clear to me Kraft settled with Goodell to keep the heat off Belichick. The NFL gave the coach an absolute pass. Quid pro quo. Brady was left to sink or swim on his own
The strongly worded letter asking for the picks back was just PR.

Reaction Score
Heard someone say (maybe it was Florio) say that NFL owners pretty much agree to never sue the league, something agreed to/put in as a condition of ownership after Al Davis sued the league in the 80s.

Removal of the Patriots draft picks has everything to do with (1) revisiting the on-field taping of Mangini, and (2) leveling the playing field for the Bischottis/Irsays/Jones/McNairs of the world whose front offices year in/year out are outclassed by the Patriots ability to manage the salary cap and stockpile draft picks....and nothing to do with the Colts losing 45-7 in January 2015.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I don't know. If he can show the league acted in bad faith and/or fraudulently (and there certainly seems to be a basis for both) then I think that there's an opportunity to set aside his original agreement.
It's fairly obvious the League acted in bad faith, but Kraft has no grounds to sue. First, he has no support among the other owners and the owners are not part of an organized Union with collective bargaining against the League. They ARE the League. Second, the owners implemented rules in their franchise agreements where they can no longer bring legal action against each other or the League (Call it the Al Davis rule).

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Knicks first. Decades.

Jets have dibs over all y'all. 1969 < 1973. And Knicks fans, no matter how crappy those teams were, never had to suffer through Kotite.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Jets have dibs over all y'all. 1969 < 1973. And Knicks fans, no matter how crappy those teams were, never had to suffer through Kotite.

How sad is it that those are both my teams.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
You guys are so adorable. Thanks for the chuckle. It never ends.

Patriots fans sue NFL over lost Deflategate pick

You might have a case suing the Rocky Mountains for being too cold and instigating Gronks (Lol) "injury" too.

Get on that.
Good grief. Another Pats Giants devolving thread on a UConn message board. This should be taken to it's appropriate forum - the cesspool.

My advice is you shut up and eat the turkey and ketchup sandwich commie.:)

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
It's clear to me Kraft settled with Goodell to keep the heat off Belichick. The NFL gave the coach an absolute pass. Quid pro quo. Brady was left to sink or swim on his own
The strongly worded letter asking for the picks back was just PR.

What heat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3