OT: Pastner to Georgia Tech? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Pastner to Georgia Tech?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anyone think Memphis will make a run at Luke Walton? He was an assistant there during the NBA lockout a few years back. Not saying he'll take it (why would he) but if I'm Memphis he's call #1.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Anyone think Memphis will make a run at Luke Walton? He was an assistant there during the NBA lockout a few years back. Not saying he'll take it (why would he) but if I'm Memphis he's call #1.

Um. No. Luke has the NBA job of his choice.

Reaction Score
Um. No. Luke has the NBA job of his choice.

I wouldn't go THAT far. I mean, I'm pretty sure any of us could have led the best team in the NBA to that record. They're a self-functioning machine.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
We may need to review the definition of, 'good' with some of you after class.

Memphis is a good job like leftover pork chops are a good dinner. If you are really hungry or the family dog, maybe. Anyone with discerning taste buds wouldn't call it good.

Reaction Score
Memphis is definitely a hot bed for talent, it's just snows argument was based on "facilities and money" . Uconn is better in that regard IMO.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I'm sure he'll recruit well there, relatively speaking.

But a change in zip code won't make him a better coach.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I'm sure he'll recruit well there, relatively speaking.

But a change in zip code won't make him a better coach.
Maybe by surrounding himself with smarter people, something will rub off on him.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
A better job than UConn? I completely disagree. I don't see it as even close. They have a better arena...that's it. UConn recruits well nationally, not just regionally. Memphis was in C-USA what, 3-4 yrs ago? This guy Snow is a moron. UConn has a BRAND NEW state of the art practice facility. Sure, Gampel/XL aren't great, but UConn generally gets a chance to play in MSG once a year and they sell the place out.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
There is actually a Memphis fan on Twitter who responded to @techmissouri who responded Wolken's tweet and said:

Lol Kentucky is only a good job because of Calipari.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
There is actually a Memphis fan on Twitter who responded to @techmissouri who responded Wolken's tweet and said:
Lol Kentucky is only a good job because of Calipari.

The guy has a point. Wasn't Memphis the better program before the Squid got to Kentucky?

Reaction Score
I have to believe they forgot about UConn. That said Memphis is probably the second best job in the AAC and probably pretty close to UConn as a job, not close as a program though.
Cat's out of the bag. Uconn is headed for the Big12 this summer, or maybe the BIG sooner.
That said, Memphis probably is the best job in the AAC...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom